Re: Hero of the infamous kingdoms

Started by , Thu 31/03/2005 19:24:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Swift

Note to self: Make an effort to check out the other forums as well.

Back on topic. Kudos to the poster who made a walkthrough. Here are some things to take note of. *spoiler alert*

'Red herring' means false alarm. Think about that when the Knight asks for a red herring.

There are two ways to get rid of the Knight, and both methods are available to everyone, regardless of the character class.

There are also two ways to get the pixie dust from the pixie.

The king will only give you his tomato once you've collected everything else.

And finally, an easter egg. Look behind one of the trees in the QFI screen for a surprise.

ggp

I dont like to look through past hints and tips as i end up reading something i haven't gotten to yet - and this makes the game pointless to play. I also cant find the walkthrough that is linked on the previous page. I just dont get the 'red herring' though!!
Spoiler
I have a herring, i have the ring. But what this red herring stuff about ?! Can someone just tell me the answer please. Also at the crossroads in the game where is says 'North town, South woods, and West Dulohm' (or something like that,) am i right in thinking that West is where the man made statue is, and that the town is the place now guarded ? It's just if you try to walk 'directly' West then the screen jumps to the same place as if you try to walk directly North! (Where the guard is.)
[close]

Swift

Take a look at my post (just above yours). I talked about the red herring there. That's a clue for you to pay attention to. But if you don't wish to see it because of the other stuff that might be spoilers to you, here it is again.

'Red herring' means false alarm. Think about that when the Knight asks for a red herring.

As for the sign directions, yes, you're right about them. As to why you've been unable to access the man-made structure, it could be because you didn't click at the right spot, thus taking you back to the town. To get to the man-made structure, just click to your leftmost side of the screen and he should be able to go there.

ggp

Yes i saw your post above, but i still dont understand it. How im supposed to make a 'false alarm' up, i dont know.

Swift

A false alarm means that the knight is asking for something that doesn't exist in this context. There is no red herring. You have to find another way to get pass him.

Joyce

ggp

take a look in your inventory
Spoiler
I had a banana in mine, I used that on the knight and he slipped and fell
[close]

Deloria

Quote from: tvcooper2001 on Fri 01/04/2005 20:59:30
Thanks for the hint.....got it finally....I am so bad at riddles!
Can someone help me with the riddles to?

Joyce

Not sure the exact order of the riddles but I think these are the answers

Spoiler
moon, bee, spider, onion, love
[close]

Swift

NeunLeben

Damn

The ending of this game is unbelieavable

Lol

Thought it was way longer...

;D

desimaui

Quote from: Joyce on Sat 16/04/2005 15:54:19
Not sure the exact order of the riddles but I think these are the answers

Spoiler
moon, bee, spider, onion, love
[close]

Joyce,
Confused on this game. I can't get very far. I was able to use the stone on the guard at the entrance(wall) but other than that am stuck on where to go or what to do? Lots of mention about riddles but I not at a point where I need to solve a riddle am I?
All You Need is Love!

Deloria

Keep going south and west. Eventually you will come to Katrina there come the  riddles. After getting the apple you can go east and talk to the girl who loves to shoot, kill, or get Pixie's, visit the rune two screens north and return to the girl. Tell the girl about the rune. Follow her buy the pixie when she asks but try to bargain first. In your inventory talk tgo the pixie several times until she promises to give you pixie dust and not plain dust. After that you can either choose to let the pixie live or you can kill it (and get a very harsh comment from the narrator:). Go one screen south and a few screens west until you come to the cave.  Talk to the Ogress and win a few times, (I think paper works best) and she will give you her nose ring which is covered with snot. Go back to the castle gate and trip the knight with your rubber chicken or some rocks that you can pick up along the way. Having done this go to visit the King and Talk about everything that comes up. Eventually you will get the last tomato go to the old man and give him everything. Congrats you made it.

JJ

Lol...there ought to be a map of the place.

First off, from the castle, go down. Then go as far left as possible--then, go as far south as possible. Just explore around and then I guess you can start talking to the different characters...

Be warned...sometimes certain characters appear only after you complete certain tasks.

Motto: Go with the flow! You'll figure the game out...(and by the way, I don't appreciate it either when you can talk to things that aren't supposed to talk. For instance, in some games, you can talk to the mirror or in others, a Vader mask...)  ;)

No; you can't make the fish turn red.
Yes; you can give the knight a "piece" of your mind. Actively speaking, that is.

Good luck!

--JJ

JJ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk