Bob Smith and the Unsolved Case of Mystery - MAGS Game

Started by CoffeeBob, Thu 07/04/2005 21:06:24

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeBob

Yes, I know, VERY lame name, but I couldn't come up with something else. ::)
Anyways, this is an entry for this MAGS competition.

The story is: You are Bob Smith, police officer and part-time CSI. You've recently been sent out to a beach about one mile away from the police offices, where a body has been found. The victim was shot in the stomach and then left behind. There were no eye-witnesses at the beach that day, since it was a very windy day. However, one trace was found that hopefully comes from the killer, a cowboy hat. It's up to you, Bob Smith, to find out who the murdered man and his killer is.

You want screenies? Oh, all right then:

As you can see, I've borrowed some characters from Sierra's games. The tall officer is an edit of a butler guy from Laura Bow, I believe. Bob himself is from Codename: Iceman.

Same background, but closer to the beach. Made a cheap, but nice wave effect. :)

(25/4 2005, 10:58, Swedish time) Game is done! Download here!

Ubel

Very nice looking. Gonna try it out when you release it. :P

TomPel

CoffeeBob

Quote from: TomPel on Fri 08/04/2005 16:44:53
I love the PoliceCar
Thanks, it took a while to make. Took a picture of a toy car and used photoshop to draw outlines, and then used paint to color it. :=

CoffeeBob

As some of you might've noticed (in my sig), I'm making progress with this game fast, though, I probably won't have time working on it today, since I have two tests tomorrow.
Anyways, back to the reason of this post. Here's some new screenshots:

Bob at the police offices, about to hand over some evidence to Matt.

Bob in the questioning room.

RyRayer

Hey, pretty cool. Can't wait to try it. I like your backgrounds and stuff. :)

CoffeeBob

Allrighty, the game is as good as done now. :)
I'll just have to beta-test a few times and then it will be available for download. It's VERY short, but it was a fun experience for me.
The game was supposed to have some graphic cutscenes, but I ended up making two of them into text-sequences instead. Oh, well, I guess that means more work for the special edition. ;)

CoffeeBob

Okiedokie, folks, game's tested, corrected and released!
You can get it RIGHT HERE!.
I thought about making a whole new thread in the Completed Game Announcments, but I'll wait til the special edition is finished. ;)
Or, if a kind little/big mod or admin is reading this, could that mod please move this thread to completed games? :=

big brother

I would definitely change the name...
"Bob Smith's Mystery Case" comes to mind. Even "The Mystery Case" would be an improvement over the wordy original.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Winter_Stardust

Well, it seems like an ok game, but..... :-\ there are a LOT of spelling errors through-out and I'm already stuck. How do I get a blood sample off of the body?
Plus, in the story line, why can't the forinsic guy get DNA from the bullet? that just doesn't seem to fit into a crime story......... :-\
Personal qoute: "I'm not weird, I'm gifted". ;-)
Fave quote:
"This is my world, as someone once said, and welcome to it." ~ Terry Pratchett, creator of Discworld.

CoffeeBob

Post may contain spoilers!

Quote from: Winter_Stardust on Mon 25/04/2005 22:43:58
Well, it seems like an ok game, but..... :-\ there are a LOT of spelling errors through-out and I'm already stuck. How do I get a blood sample off of the body?
Plus, in the story line, why can't the forinsic guy get DNA from the bullet? that just doesn't seem to fit into a crime story......... :-\
Well, spelling errors might be because my primary language isn't really english. ;)
Spoiler
You have to use the swab with the blood.
[close]
And, yeah, I know it may seem weird that the guy can't get DNA of the bullet, that's because it was more difficult to analyse, so he asked Bob to take some swab samples to make it easier. ;D

CoffeeBob

Quote from: big brother on Mon 25/04/2005 15:03:20
I would definitely change the name...
"Bob Smith's Mystery Case" comes to mind. Even "The Mystery Case" would be an improvement over the wordy original.
It would definetly be. It's too late now. But I could rename the enhanced edition. ;D

Johnny Johnson

Crowley

Unsolved case of mystery - contains 24 bottles of 12,5% mystery.  ;)

CoffeeBob

Quote from: Crowley on Wed 27/04/2005 13:57:16
Unsolved case of mystery - contains 24 bottles of 12,5% mystery.Ã,  ;)
Hehehe. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk