Looking for people to make a great game!

Started by deltree, Fri 08/04/2005 12:23:24

Previous topic - Next topic

deltree

Hi again,
I've posted a few weeks ago, to find a team that can work with me to make the greatest adventure game.
I still need some people, either good in graphics, scenario writing, good sense of humor, music....
to create a totally new story, about whatever we want, and to make it the best we can.
I know very well the AGS engine, and I could do all by myself if I wanted to.
but I want people to share idea an make a very good game.

pol_rolland@hotmail.com

Mats Berglinn

I'm sorry to tell you this but Games in Production are only for games that ARE in production, not for games that haven't even BEGUN. There's a topic in Adeventure Game Talk where you can post for question such as this.
Also, don't you have even the slightiest idea for a story or have a story ready? It's better to try to come up with at least an idea of what a game is about before you try asemble a team.

hedgefield

Darth must have been away while this was posted...

BlackMan890

yeah he must be on his way :)

RULE NUMBER 1. Read the Rules
RULE NUMBER 2. Follow the Rules
RULE NUMBER 3. Worship the rules
and last
RULE NUMBER 4. follow ru8les 1 - 3

::)
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

Please go to www.simnet.is/elinnils52 and download my non ags/adventure game :)

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: deltree on Fri 08/04/2005 12:23:24
I still need some people, either good in graphics, scenario writing, good sense of humor, music....

And what will you bring to the table?

Pardon our skepticism, but we've seen posts like these a million times before.  Nobody is going to drop everything and join your project without knowing who you are or what you can accomplish, especially if you have no ideas in mind.  Come back to us with a game plan and you might get somewhere.

Phemar

I can do story, but I'm gonna need something basic first.

Sam.

yup, darth is on a cruise, but when he gets back. also, surely this doesn't belong anywhere, as we have a sticky for this situaion?
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Ishmael

Hmm... sure, I'll do the scripting for you. Just tell me what to do. But keep in mind, I don't take it as my primary project, so you'll have to be excused if I have schoolwork or sudden bursts of inspiration regarding my own games (the latter one rarely happens...). Check the game linked to in my signature, there's a betademo of it. I made that all by myself.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

thatdandydinty

hey, i would love to get on board making the game.  i can do story and characters and such,  but i lack any form of understanding with programming AGS.  this goes for anyone, i can't program, but give me a basic theme or story and i'd be glad to create a fully indepth story, characters and such.

Pumaman

QuoteI've posted a few weeks ago, to find a team that can work with me to make the greatest adventure game.
to create a totally new story, about whatever we want, and to make it the best we can.

Your previous post was locked less than 3 weeks ago with people telling you how to go about this.

Why are you now posting another identical thread, with no extra information?

If you want to recruit a team, then:
1. Post in the ACR thread, that's what it's there for.
2. Look in the Offer Your Services thread to find people willing to help out.
3. Provide more information about your proposed game. Most importantly, what will you do? It's no good asking a load of people to make your game for you if you give no indication of what your skills and experience are yourself.
4. Be realistic and realise that without the above, people are very unlikely to help you out. As Dave Gilbert says, we see threads like this all the time, and people aren't going to dedicate their time to helping you out unless they know that you are prepared to go the distance too.

deltree

To pumaman,
sorry for that but I didn't find the right topic for asking that.
actually, what can I do for this game ?
everything.
I could do everything all by myself, if I wanted to. the graphics, the music, the code.
but I don't want. I want some people to share with, show the progress, and have fun, working as a team.
I've already done "the lord of the bytes" a pure animation(non adventure game made with , and "jimmy's nightmare" which is an style exercice, I didn't show it here, but I will.

DoorKnobHandle

non adventure game made with ,

Made with what?

If you can do graphics and scripting etc. all by yourself then do one game by yourself and put all your effort into it and then come back and you'll get others in no time...

And show your work frequently in the Critics Lounge, this will give you a lot of good advice, just like you would have a team behind you...

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Quotethen do one game by yourself and put all your effort into it

QuoteI've already done "the lord of the bytes"

QuoteMade with what?
That I can answer: AGS. :)

Incidently, I've tried to view Lord of the Bytes, but I ALWAYS got some memory-associated problem... could you please look into it, deltree?

And regarding the reason the thread exists... well, CJ already put it out quite well. But since you didn't really acknowledge it, I'll re-state.

Quote1. Post in the ACR thread, that's what it's there for.
2. Look in the Offer Your Services thread to find people willing to help out.
3. Provide more information about your proposed game. Most importantly, what will you do? It's no good asking a load of people to make your game for you if you give no indication of what your skills and experience are yourself.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Firehawk455

I would love to help you to make a new game.

Afflict

OK gee get the point guys?

You should post in ACR
I have nothing against this post altough that its misplaced not moved and nevre locked...
I wonder if CJ is making an example for all future members to see? This just might work.

You guys are agreeing in making a game well your in an ags forum is that what you are looking
for your right on track however check out ACR. Or start your own project.
YES YES YES alread to something you dont know what its about not even deltree knows or does
he yet? PM deltree if your intrested, or deltree post a link to a file we can download and view
like the story and descriptions of objects characters and scenes so we know what we can think
about doing?

Ok, get the point?

PLEASE NOTE:
No keyboards screens or any other computer hardware was damaged during the creation of this post.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Fmarais, take a chill pill. ;) If you'd been around a couple of months longer than you have (I'm not calling you a n00b, mind you, I don't care less about those things), you'd have seen many more such threads. Our patience with them tends to run out pretty quickly, especially when there are so many more rules already defined. Me, I quoted CJ's points because deltree did not seem to acknowledge them at all, making me wonder if he'd skipped them or something. This is what a dialog is like - people talk and bring things up, several times if it's needed. I should think deltree has reason to be satisfied, however, that despite all this several people have offered to help.

Kneel. Now.

Afflict

Quote from: Rui "Frank-N-Furter" Pires on Sat 16/04/2005 12:10:31
Fmarais, take a chill pill.

Ok sorry if I came across over excited on the issue.

If you'd been around a couple of months longer than you have (I'm not calling you a n00b, mind you, I don't care less about those things), you'd have seen many more such threads. Our patience with them tends to run out pretty quickly, especially when there are so many more rules already defined.

Well I am A n00b and proud of it! It just shows that there is new life in AGS! Ok well I was one
of those posts when I started out a little while ago and my post was closed etc. Just saying GO TO ACR directly to ACR
do not pass go do not... :) I have since then learned that. I need to show people what I can do before anybody will
help altough I had about 5 members that wanted to help. I did hoever give them some background on what the project entailed.. well those who pm'd me.

QuoteI should think deltree has reason to be satisfied, however, that despite all this several people have offered to help.

Glad to hear that All the best Go for it! 8 member team is strong! Well that is if you actually give them something to work on. See some scope and keep there interests.. just lil tips for ya have fun!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Ok, I just want to make one thing clear because apparently I couldn't earlier - call yourself a n00b and be proud of it if you like, it's not much to me. Thing is, I didn't mean it in a depreciative way, because there's nothing depreciative in being a newcomer. :)

Kneel. Now.

deltree

Quote from: Firehawk455 on Sat 16/04/2005 08:03:36
I would love to help you to make a new game.

hi,
thank you for aswering, and sorry for the delay, I didn't find my post anymore!
please contact me there:
pol_rolland@hotmail.com
please don't use PM, since i'm not coming here so often....
I've a starting point for the game, I'll tell you by Email.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk