Artitude! Your Favourite Animal(s)!

Started by Gilbert, Mon 18/04/2005 04:35:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

Since the last Artitude had been through more than a half year already, I decide to resurrect it once again.

What is Artitude? Well, it's a general art creating activity which any member can participate. Each time we have a topic and members can make their own pieces of art according to the topic. Note that, unlike Sprite Jam, Background Blitz, etc. this is not a competition, so there'll be no winner. The sole purpose is to motivate members to make something creative.

This time, I choose a theme without approval from any secret elite AGSers, and it is (as written on the subject line), your favourite animal(s).

You can draw your favourite animal(s) in whatever resolution, colour depth, and style, be it your pet(s), a dinosaur, yourself, an imaginary cyber monster or whatever come up in your mind which can be related to the topic, members can even join forces and cooperate in one piece of art. One more thing, is that I'll try to loosen the rules, so you can submit other stuffs other than drawings, as long as it's art created by you, so you can created things like music, songs or essays inspired by the topic. However, after some 3-second-well-thought-about, I'll exclude photos here, as I don't want to make this thread another 'post your pets' photo' thread (I'd like to see them though, maybe somewhere else).

Since you're not competing with anyone, you can also make as many pieces of arts and enter as many times as you want. :=

To encourage more people to participate, I'll extend the time limit to two weeks, with deadline set on Monday, 1st May, 2005.

Sex and violence encouraged restricted, as we would love not want to see you with some animals in such situations. Humour and moody art particularly encouraged. Go art!

Gilbert

Alright, let me start as an example. :=

Babar

heh...considering the cuteness of the cat, the writing must be something along the lines of "Go f**k yourself"
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Evil

Oh man, I love these. I may wip something up.

Domino

My favorite animal is the Cat.  I am the proud owner of a cat named Fluffy which i've had for 12 years (got him as a kitten).  I drew him back in his younger days.

I used NeoPaint with a Wacom tablet and a mouse.. which of course Fluffy is chasing now. he he

Not the best i can do, but i think this drawing has a certain charm which i like.

Shawn

Helm

WINTERKILL

Gilbert

Heh now the deadline had past, probably due to people's interest in the topic and the the statue of the forums it has to go.

But since it's just a general activity that encourage people to create I'll just unstick this thread and leave it open.

Kinoko

Gil, that's SO cute! Fantastic picture ^_^

I'm not too hot at Chinese, but the first character is cat, right? (Is that an older style character?) The second one is similar but I don't know it... The characters on the right (again, I'm going from my Japanese knowledge so I'm not sure how much is the same) but is the first part the "Year of the..." ? The rest is the 12th of March, I know that much.

Hmm, Year of the Cock/Rooster? In Japanese, those first two characters are indicative of the 2nd sign of the chinese zidiac and the tenth sign of the chinese zodiac so I dunno...

Gilbert

Actually that first character was the authentic character for cat. For simplified Chinese or Japanese, they changed the left radical into another simpler one for ease of writing.
The second character is just a character normally used for the sound "meow".
Yes, it's the year thing, it's how we write this year's name for the lunar calendar (which the Japanese for some reasons, don't want to mess with that and sorta dumped that and put the date of traditional events according to the "solar" calendar now), we used combinations of these 2 sets of the zodiac characters to make 60 different names for the years.
And that date was not actually 12th March, as I wrote the date according to the lunar calendar, it would be safer to say it's the 12th of the third month.

Gregjazz

Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Wed 04/05/2005 04:28:27
Actually that first character was the authentic character for cat. For simplified Chinese or Japanese, they changed the left radical into another simpler one for ease of writing.

I noticed that!

Great job! You have my vote.

Kinoko

Yeah, when I was studying Mandarin I learnt the simplified characters (which don't look as good but they're quicker to write so I don't mind)

2ma2

Another cat? Well ofcourse, because cats rules. Especially kittens, older cats are more noble sages that mutter when the little ones rule.

Kinoko

Equally adorable ^_^ All you cat people rule.

Gilbert

Hehe thread unsticken but it's getting more entries than before, and it's probably better to rename this thread Catitude. :=

Al_Ninio

Pfffft, "catitude"!

It's my sister's Pekingese dog! :D

(Couldn't be arsed to finish it... Fur is impossible!)

skw

a.k.a. johnnyspade

Domino

She doesn't look like an animal, but i'm guessing she's an ANIMAL in the bedroom.  Am i right?  :)

skw

Quote from: Dark of Night on Sat 14/05/2005 01:07:14
She doesn't look like an animal, but i'm guessing she's an ANIMAL in the bedroom.Ã,  Am i right?Ã,  :)

;D
a.k.a. johnnyspade

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk