Occultas Veritas

Started by Darth Mandarb, Wed 20/04/2005 22:51:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

Proudly presents ...

Occultas Veritas

The Game's Plot

The year is 1922.

You play as Nataly Buchannon, daughter of millionaire steel tycoon Wilson Buchannon III.  She is an adventurous and independant woman in a time when woman aren't taken seriously in society.

As a child, while traveling with her father in Italy, Nataly found an old amulet in the ruins of Pompeii.  She has worn it around her neck since and has recently begun researching its origins.  She is very interested in ancient Roman history and knows the amulet has something to do with that era.

While on a ship liner to England she meets a mysterious man named Alan December who tells her he has information about the necklace she might find interesting and that she should visit his antiques shop in London.  When she arrives he tells her that the amulet once belonged to the Roman Emperor Domitian and that it is the key to unlocking the mysterious events surrounding Domitian's ascendency as Emperor.

Did Domitian kill his brother Titus as history would suggest?

Travel with Nataly as she uncovers the ancient mystery, travels across Europe, and finds herself in a struggle for her very life and possibly the future of the world!

From Europe in the 1920's to ancient Rome in 79 AD the mystery spans the centuries ...

The Screenshots

Some characters

Team Hasselhoff
Background Artist: Neil Dnuma
Programmer: Zooty
Sprites: Darth Mandarb
Music: Jarek
Storywriters: Darth Mandarb, Creed Malay

Game's Progress
Story/Plot: 100%
Puzzels: 10%
Music: 50%
Graphics: 15%
Scripting: 30%

Game Features
- intuitive GUI designs
- secret alternate ending
- full and rich soundtrack
- more than 20 unique locations
- logical puzzles
- tons of fun!

Stay tuned to this thread as it will be updated regularly with updates of the game's progress!

Development Diary
April 20, 2005 - Development continues on sprites and backgrounds.  Neil is super busy with real-life but still manages to turn out some incredible work.  Zooty is pluggin' away with the scripting and has come up with some great stuff!

nihilyst

Wow! The screenshots are very promising, so is the story. Can't wait to play it. Good luck with this! I just wondered, why all the characters appear to have the same height?

good-luck cheers
nihilyst

Kweepa

Ooh, awesome!
Is this what you were working on for the ATC?
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Squinky

Looks top notch guys...All around. This is one I will look forward too....

simulacra

Looks very nice!  :o

EDIT: As a treat, I'll give the team a recursive Hasselhoff:

ildu

Looks and sounds great.

Bernie

This looks very tasty! Can't wait to play! :D

Ubel

Mmm sure looks promising! Gonna have to play it when it's ready.

Keep up the very good work. :)

Vel

Wow, that looks and sounds great. It seems that the ATC has once again put together people with great talent, who are to produce a great game. Good luck, guys.

Abisso

Uhmm, Buchannon, team Hasseloff, I sense a plot...

Very promising game though, and with high quality graphics.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

Nightfable

Wow!... This game looks incredibly fun to play, it gave me nostalgia chills when I saw the screenshots. Hurry up and release that demo, pronto! :D

Darth Mandarb

Thanks for all the kind words! (keep 'em coming!) 

We're all still very motivated to work on this game!

Quote from: Coffee Lady on Thu 21/04/2005 16:55:29Hurry up and release that demo, pronto!
We are, sorry to say, not planning a demo.  We consider it a waste of time.  We are planning on releasing a 'trailer' shortly ... to whet your appetites!

Quote from: nihilyst on Wed 20/04/2005 23:01:31I just wondered, why all the characters appear to have the same height?
It's just appearance ... Inphitrion and Decimus are the same height, but the rest are of differing heights.

Quote from: Abisso on Thu 21/04/2005 11:12:54Uhmm, Buchannon, team Hasseloff, I sense a plot...
You know ... I never put that together.  And I don't think anybody on the team did either.  It wasn't intentional, but good catch none-the-less!

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Wed 20/04/2005 23:31:53Is this what you were working on for the ATC?
Yes, it is.  We started working on it and then realized we had conceived of a game that we would never, realistically, finish in time.

RyRayer

Trailer? Cool. Screenshots are nice. Can't wait to play.

Nine Toes

Nice. :) The interface looks good.  The graphics look great.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Kweepa

The Use Item interface looks rather complicated - having to scroll through inventory items one at a time could get boring fast. Do the item graphics *need* to be so big? That vase looks pixel doubled anyway.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Sam.

There will also be a main inventory window that can be used to select the "active inventory" the scrolling is just if you change your mind during gameplay. And the items are njot that big, thats just a mockup. in reality, the items are 25*25.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

José Luiz

It'll be an excellent game! I liked the screenshots and the plot very much - I really enjoy stories that have something to do with ancient cultures.

(I'd like just to say something about the Latin name, can I? I'm asking first because I don't want to be seen as the boring guy... :-[)
"L'Histoire est un roman qui a été." (Edmond and Jules de Goncourt)

Abisso

Quote(I'd like just to say something about the Latin name, can I? I'm asking first because I don't want to be seen as the boring guy... )

What do you mean by "saying something", if you don't say something then?

Anyway, Occultas Veritas means "Hidden Truth", more or less.

I hope Darth will excuse my intromission!  ;D

Zooty_college

yes the name means hidden truth, as close as we can get it. We do not want to dwell too long on it as its is relativley unimportant. However, feel free to correct our latin.

Abisso

My latin studies are almost forgotten, but maybe, and I say, MAYBE, it should be "Occulta Veritas".

I'll check it with the help of the vocabulary, and then I will correct it, if needed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk