My game will prolly get banned.

Started by , Sun 24/04/2005 19:34:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Closet_Monster

I was just wondering what sites might host my game "Party Animals" when it's completed in summer or fall of 2005.It's definitely an rated "R" game due to heavy use of sex/language/nudity/drug use/violence(not intended for kids.)I'll put some screenshots up soon(don't worry,I'll keep em clean ;D).I doubt AGS will host it and I don't blame em.

DoorKnobHandle

Allright, please do read the forum rules!

This is not the right area at all and I don't know what you mean with "I doubt AGS will host it" - AGS mean adventure game studio. this is a program not a webspace provider or host service.

You can always get free web space and upload your game.

Of course, you're not really asking for any help or anything in your thread. You're just saying that you're game is R-rated, so I don't know what exactly you want.

Closet_Monster

I was asking a question if there's any sites out there that will host games.Think about it dumb ass who's gonna notice if I make a site and upload my game to it?how will it be browsed or found?
and Ags does have games for download.

Ubel

There are a lot of free webhosting sites. Here are some examples. They don't usually care what your game consists of. And AGS website just shows games that have been uploaded to somewhere else.

Pumaman

Quote from: Closet_Monster on Sun 24/04/2005 20:05:55
Think about it dumb ass

That's quite enough, thank you. Please post in a civil manner or not at all.

Las Naranjas

Almost every single game made in AGS is hosted on the creators websites. Those which are on underdogs etc. got there becase they were noticed on their own website.

As for sex and adult themes based games, yours would be the latest in many projects that haven't got anywhere. Good luck with it, but i hope it has something more than boobies if you want people to play it.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

You have an EGo

Quote from: Pumaman on Sun 24/04/2005 20:41:08
Quote from: Closet_Monster on Sun 24/04/2005 20:05:55
Think about it dumb ass

That's quite enough, thank you. Please post in a civil manner or not at all.

So what you want me to stop designing the game.LOL...pfft,i swear ...people do anything to discourage you..All I did is ask a SIMPLE question,where I could put my game with other games.Getting this attitude that I'm wasting my time making an AGS game .and You want me to be civil?I'm not gonna be civil to people who make some comment "ahh the only reason your posting is cause it's R rated or some ******insinuating that i don't know what I'm talking about.what kinda **** is that. Quit being a little complaining baby.I don't care if certain people don't play it (oh booo hoo hoo lemme go cry about....PLEASE!!!),you know what..some people WILL play it so get over it...I'd like to know where you're AMAZING game is posted for public use.

MrColossal

Um dude, Pumaman is CJ, the creator of AGS. He was asking you to be civil because there's no need to call people a dumbass and these are his forums.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

closet_m

Thanks to Pablo for the help.He seems like the "only" COOL person on this thread so far who gave a legit answer.

Squinky

Did you just get bored and decide to start fighting with people? You are making no sense. Good luck with your game, I'm sure if you speak civally with people here you will be suprised at how helpful they are...

MrColossal

Why would you be banned? Why does this forum blow? It looks like LasNaranjas and Pablo both gave you good answers.

You can't upload games to the AGS website, you can upload them to other websites and then link to them from here and people will play it.

Just look around for sites in the link Pablo posted and you'll find places to host the game easily.

Good luck with the game and welcome to the forums.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

ClosetM

Quote from: MrColossal on Mon 25/04/2005 04:58:36
Um dude, Pumaman is CJ, the creator of AGS. He was asking you to be civil because there's no need to call people a dumbass and these are his forums.
umm dude...so what...I dont care if he's jesus Christ himself.i dont put up with crap from people..u have to start standing up for yourself in life.All I did was ask a question,(excuse me all to heck and back)and someone starts squawkin that they don't understand or basically "insinuate" it's a dumb question(or whatever,cool if you think it's dumb,mr.knowitall...I didnt know how the upload processed worked EXACTLY)you know what...I'm gone... HUGE PROPS to the  people who answered me.....this is the WORSE forum Ive ever been to. Good riddance.

TerranRich

Closet_Monster, I strongly suggest you stop taking everything people say here so seriously and as an insult. We are either telling you the truth or telling you act civil. Do you know what acting civil means? Please stop acting like a 12-year-old. One of the rules of this forum is that if you cannot act 16 years old or above, then you shouldn't be here. You should be lucky we're giving you so much leeway here. We have all posted in a civil and mature manner. Please do the same.

closet_mons

well when other people act like twelve yr olds...you gotta stoop down to their level.

BerserkerTails

The only person I've seen acting like a 12-year-old in this topic is you, Closet-Monster. Besides [...]'s reply (Which was completely acceptable, in my opinion, considering you did post this topic first in the GiP forum), everyone else has replied with quite a bit of maturity.

And no, you don't have to stoop down to people's level when they act like 12-year-old's. In fact, the only person stooping down a level in here is you.
I make music.

Ubel

Quote from: You have an EGo on Mon 25/04/2005 04:55:03
Quit being a little complaining baby.

This made me laugh. First you call CJ a complaining baby and then you start acting like one. Get a hold on yourself man! There's no need to put it all up this way.

TerranRich

Pablo! You've turned on him! He won't be pleased...

Closet_monsta

Quote from: TerranRich on Mon 25/04/2005 05:46:56
Pablo! You've turned on him! He won't be pleased...
well,wasn't calling CJ a baby for starters...if you look i was refering to the Ã, first poster complaining about "EVERY" little thing I typed(cmon man geez...what if YOU typed a question and i responded by complaining about where you typed,and what you typed).why is it okay for someone to complain about me? but when i do it it's wrong??why am i arguing with a buncha people here? what's the deal? and the way it seems to me,i'd be a baby if I didnt stand up for myself here.

MrColossal

I think this is done. If you want to continue this, use private messages.

Your question was answered by Pablo. You are welcome to these forums by everyone, enjoy your stay, everyone here is really nice and helpful and we all wish good luck with your game.

When you have something to show you can post it in the Games in Production forum and if you'd like help on tech support there are the 2 tech forums and the Critic's lounge for art help.

Good luck!

Eric

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk