Check out my webshite

Started by He-Man, Sun 24/04/2005 12:00:21

Previous topic - Next topic

He-Man

I've finally finished my website.
I'm still trying to make it better, so a little c+c would be very nice!
I know it's not really adventure game related, but please have a look anyway...

http://www.5feetunder.com/

Bartimaeus

Yeah man, it looks good.
How did you make it?

Oh and, the thread name is 'Look at my webshite'.
After laughing quite a lot I decided it would be the humane thing for me to tell you.

;)
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

stu

Quote from: Billy Gnome Jefferson on Sun 24/04/2005 13:48:34
After laughing quite a lot I decided it would be the humane thing for me to tell you.

;)

I think that was intentional.

not a bad site really.. i get a horizontal scroll bar within the frame, even though it's greyed out.  you might want to fix that. the 'last updated' part gets a little hard to read cause it's on the edge of bg image, thing.. If you catch my drift.

He-Man

Thanks for the response so far

Quote from: stu on Sun 24/04/2005 14:17:00

;)

I think that was intentional.

It was...

not a bad site really.. i get a horizontal scroll bar within the frame, even though it's greyed out.Ã,  you might want to fix that. the 'last updated' part gets a little hard to read cause it's on the edge of bg image, thing.. If you catch my drift.
What frame are you talking about? The one in the middle?
I don't get a scroll bar myself, but I'll look into it.

Thanks again!

stu

Quote from: He-Man on Sun 24/04/2005 15:55:12
What frame are you talking about? The one in the middle?
I don't get a scroll bar myself, but I'll look into it.

Thanks again!
okay, either i'm going crazy, or my computer/browser was acting up.. the horizontal scrollbar has now gone! :o

TerranRich

Very good! The only thing I'd change is the fact that the left-side images aren't pre-loaded and therefore there is a delay before they are displayed. I'd consider preloading the images first using JavaScript, for example.

Darth Mandarb

I think it's off to a good start.

Some suggestions:

> You should preload the mouseOvers on the navigation system.  Right now (in FireFox) you have to wait a second for them to load.

> I would kill the scroll bar in the center like that.  It destroys the layout as is.  I would suggest either 1) making that frame only as tall as the navigation (and the other framed side) or 2) making the content free formed in the middle and letting the whole page scroll.  If you choose option 1 I would further suggest that you alter the scroll bar so it 'fits' better within the design.

> The punk rock banner up top kind of lessens the effectiveness of the site (in my opinion) because it looks more like a banner ad than a part of the site.  Build that into the black and I think it would look better.

> The logo blends into the background too much.  I would suggest making it 'pop' a little more.

> The "New Shit" feels unaligned to me.

I decided to just do a 'paint-over' to show what I mean:

Hope it helps!

Kweepa

"Da Fuced"?
Sounds like the answer to a trivia game to me... :=
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Helm

QuoteThey decided to twist the music with a little jazz and they formed a completely new genre; Jazzcore.

oh now, come on.
WINTERKILL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk