The Young Gabriel King Chronicles

Started by Kweepa, Mon 25/04/2005 01:17:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Kweepa

Eleven year old "Gaby" is on holiday with his overbearing mother. Go!

Game page: Click here.

Part of the One Room One Week competition, April 2005.

Moderators, I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread for this or if you wanted them all together. Feel free to collect them up.

[EDIT] Added link to game page.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Gilbert

Hmmm is it the same version as contained in the orow ZIP file? In that case I won't download it since I have it already.

Rosie

Started playing your game,,,,quit it for awhile and then downloaded KQ4 - Here today, gone to yesterday.  So then when I went back into your game to reload it and continue, I get the reload from KQ4 instead.  So I cannot finish your game.
Did you know there was this bug involved?????

Kweepa

Gilbert,
I made a few hotspots bigger and added a couple of hints here and there but it's basically the same.

Rosie,
Did you install them both in the same directory?
I don't see how that would happen otherwise.
I'm afraid I can't help you in any case... sounds pretty odd!

GarageGothic

Sounds like Rosie is playing the games directly from the zip files (thus putting the  unpacked files in the same temp directory).

sunshinegold

GREAT GAME.

GRAPHICS CLEAR.

PLEASE GIVE US ANOTHER ONE SOON, MAYBE LONGER, AND MORE ROOMS/SPACES TO WORK.

CONGRATULATIONS.

TerranRich

I AGREE.

LOOKS GOOD.

WANT MORE NOW.

Totoro

Argh, my ears (g)
But I have to agree. A cute little game, congratulation!

2ma2

Is it just me that can't beat it. There's got to be something to do with that dog. That vapour cloud is so convenient, but what to do? Oh, what to do?

Kweepa

Spoiler

Dogs like to fetch...
[close]

sunshinegold

Quote from: 2ma2 on Tue 26/04/2005 13:54:27
Is it just me that can't beat it. There's got to be something to do with that dog. That vapour cloud is so convenient, but what to do? Oh, what to do?

Go to the 'Hints' forum, you will find lots of answers.  I completed the game but asked a few questions on the 'hints' and Steve was quite fast to answer.

Good luck.  It is a good game.

José Luiz

It's a great game, Steve!
I liked everything, but principally the way you used one "room" to show many places at the same time. It was a very good idea!
Do you intend to create more games about Gabriel King?
"L'Histoire est un roman qui a été." (Edmond and Jules de Goncourt)

Kweepa

Quote from: José Luiz on Tue 26/04/2005 15:59:06
Do you intend to create more games about Gabriel King?

Hmm, I didn't have any big plans. But you never know. I had fun making this one.

Potch

Hi I'm stuck and need some help, and there isn't any hints and tips forum. 

Spoiler
I got rid of the first guy at the roller coaster, and I made the emu shorter, but it's still not short enough.  I've got the ice cream, voodoo book (with mages missing), weighted club, and spade.  I clicked the ice cream on the emu, and something happened, but it didn't say what.
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Joyce

POtch

Spoiler
I think you do use the icecream on the emu but also you can pick up the steps at the trailor.
[close]

sunshinegold

Quote from: Potch on Mon 02/05/2005 16:38:01
Hi I'm stuck and need some help, and there isn't any hints and tips forum.Ã, 

Spoiler
I got rid of the first guy at the roller coaster, and I made the emu shorter, but it's still not short enough.Ã,  I've got the ice cream, voodoo book (with mages missing), weighted club, and spade.Ã,  I clicked the ice cream on the emu, and something happened, but it didn't say what.
[close]

Hi Potch.

Spoiler

When you use ice cream on Emu it should make him shorter again.
But did you use the spade on the emu first??? Ã, If not you have to.
Then you speak to 2nd man again and measure yourself again ( I had to do it many, many times). Then you go to the roller coaster and get lighter. Ã, Then go to gas tank.......You are almost there.
[close]

Let me know if you need more help. ;)

Potch

Spoiler
  I tried to use the spade again, but it says I've hit bedrock.  I've used the icecream a bunch of times, and the guy just says "We'll I
ll be, you're nearly tall enough"  But I still can't get on.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

MrColossal

Hey Steve, I really liked your game however a better title might be "The Young Gabriel King Pixel Hunt Chronicles" hehe

I just want to say that I liked it but don't make anymore, finish your other game, it looks really cute!
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Joyce

Potch

And are you using the
Spoiler
steps
[close]
as well

Potch

OH for crying out loud!Ã,  That's what I was missing.Ã,  Ã, :-[  For some reason I didn't see your earlier post. 

I'm stuck again though.  I need something sharp.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk