May MAGS

Started by Klaus, Wed 04/05/2005 12:48:35

Previous topic - Next topic

=The=Brat=

So when do we list whos in the competition

Ubel

Quote from: Klaus on Tue 17/05/2005 23:33:16
I hope these two additional days will help...
Thank you very much, I appreciate it. :) Though I'm not sure if I can get it ready anyway. But I'll try.

Mats Berglinn

I'm sorry to say this but I think I'll sit this one out. Have too much to do and there's not much time left.

2ma2

WAR STARS
Download here 1,2 mb

Yea, it's not another WKKR, not at all. It is short, swift and I demand you beat it within 30 minutes tops! I have some music issues, which I believe is a fault on my computer rather than the coding (because honetly "Play music on room loading" should not fudge up ;)

I say this is v0.9, I tested it through with some buddies, and they saw some errors I corrected. But who knows what'll pop up along the way. It SHOULD be bug free. HAAAAAAAAA! Too bad I didn't make anything better with the guidelines. Yes, I am ashamed..

And make sure you read the manual!

This reminded me how much I hate making adventure games. It'll take another year for me to get stupid enough to try it out again ;)

Hope you'll enjoy it
//Tomateyou

P.S. You can DIE!! D.S.

Ubel

Heh! That was a great game 2ma2. Made me laugh. My game (the one that won't get finished for tomorrow) would have had no competition against that. :)

2ma2

I wouldn't bet on it. I could have made much better usage of the required inventory items.. looking forward to see your game. Get it finished before deadline! :)

Ubel

Quote from: 2ma2 on Fri 27/05/2005 09:17:22
Get it finished before deadline! :)

Not possible. :) I didn't get enough time to make it so it's only about 10% ready by now. But I am going to finish it during this summer. I hope.

Here's a screenshot of what I have now:

Klaus

So we're very close to the deadline now: The voting will begin in about 18 hours from now (please check the timestamp of this posting). So be quick an submit your entries in time :)

BorisZ

I menaged to finish my MAGS entry :P
It wasn't tested at all and I'm sure you will find some bugs (hope they won't be cardinal). I didn't have nearly enough time, so there is less then half things in in that I wanted to be. But, here it is:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?category=100&action=search&sterm=zdero&action=download&game=569

it's called STARSHIP CARAMBA
You play the role of Dick Spacey, Caramba's captain and only passanger who wishes to land on earth.
Here are the screenshots:

The game isn't documented and has no sounds, but I am sure you will menage. If not, there is this forum ;D

(The game is 21Mb, but zip file has only 2,5MB. Don't know how I did it, but I did.)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

(side note -

Quote(The game is 21Mb, but zip file has only 2,5MB. Don't know how I did it, but I did.)

Most of that size must have been in graphics rather than overall game complexity, graphics compress very well)
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

BorisZ

Yes, I understand that, it's only that I never saw this percent of compresion (10 times smaller).

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Actually, me neither... but hey, count your blessings. ;D
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

BorisZ

Quote from: Rui "Brisby" Pires on Sun 29/05/2005 10:09:55
Actually, me neither... but hey, count your blessings. ;D

Sure!

Klaus

Okay, so here we go with two entries from two authors that are both already known as creators of a MAGS game. Funny that both games include a chess board (it really was just an example for an old-style game) :)
Now let's start:

For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here (only use one of these two ways of voting - nothing else allowed):

War Stars by 2ma2
Starship Caramba by Boris Zdero

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

Einoo

Starship Caramba runs as slow as @$&$*!@ on my compy. What can I do? [Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to unlock the file. I can only run the Internet on a Mac and then copy the files on a CD to put on Windows. This, of course, locks all the game files and prevents me from making changes. This as happened to me before and I fixed it this way! Boy, I'm dumber than a load of bricks.]
Now let's find out if gasoline is flammable!

Klaus

So it's June already and the time for voting is over now. Even after this short time for counting your votes there is a clear winner for MAGS 2005-05.

To make it short - just like the voting priod - let's now announce the winner:
It's the same person that won years back in 2001 with the famous AGS bar story.

Congratulations go to 2ma2 and his entry War Stars.

Thanks to both entrants for the nice and amusing games.
BorisZ: I'm sure your  third entry will make it to the top in the end!
2ma2: Please check your PM!

BorisZ

Congratualtions to winer

2ma2

Oi, I don't wine! ;p

Thank you everybody for voting! I've whipped up some pure evil restrictions for the June MAGS competition, and I would very much like as many as possible to join in the fun! Let's dig into gaming design! ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk