(The Long Overdue) Saturday School!

Started by edmundito, Sun 08/05/2005 22:34:31

Previous topic - Next topic

edmundito

Finally, this is the game you saw a preview of at the One Room, One Week competition last month, and I finally got around to finishing it. it was a tough game to get scripted and such, but anyway, enjoy!

Download
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Joyce

Cute game. It took me a little while to figure out what I was doing but I eventually got the hang of it. So if you take more than 10 minutes to finish does that end the game? I got it in just under 10 minutes.

Ubel

Yeah! I'll download this when I get from school. Looks nice. :)

And yay! Joyce has registered! :D

Al_Ninio

Awesome, Yeknomten.
I too will download it when I get back from school, that ORWO 'sneak-peek' made me very much interested in this game.
But now, back to revising for the art history exam. -_- Go away, Pollock, I don't even like you. :(

As a sidenote: yay, the FOREGOs made Joyce register. :D
Rigging Counting the votes was worth it, then! :D

Khris

Simply great!

But, I'm stuck:
Spoiler
How can I get the sleeping pills? I'm pretty sure I did everything else.
[close]

Dart

Whoa, this is an awesome game so far; I can see why it took you long to script it. I only played it for a couple of minutes, but I'll finish the rest of it at home. :D

And by the way, looking at one of the student's books... I have to read "One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Marquez for literary class as well. o_O At gah, is it ever confusing...

Joyce

khrismuc

[I got the ruler over to the guy next to the one with tranquilisers and whacked him with it and he woke up[/spoiler]

Khris

Thanks Joyce, but:

Spoiler
Who's got the ruler? I didn't know there was one.
[close]

Joyce

khrismuc

Spoiler
At the back (top) behind the student with the cd player
[close]

Potch

I fell kind of stupid right now, but I'm just not getting this.  Could someone explain what to do?
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Khris

Damn, I start to feel really stupid...

Spoiler
How do I wake her up?
[close]

Bug:
Spoiler
The teacher says "Shut up, children" even after she's fallen asleep when the angry guy punches someone.
[close]

madmanmunt

Brilliant. Just brilliant. This is the most original game I've played for ages.

Don't worry, it took me a while to work out what to do. Basically, you have to enlist the help of the kids on the desks surrounding you by touching them on the shoulder. You can only get the attention of the kids on the desks directly next to you. The exclamation mark appears above a kid when you've got their attention and you then control that kid and can attempt to get the attention of the kids next to them. Be sure to check in all the different kids bags to see what they are carrying. Some kids are harder to get the attention of than others and you'll need to use items. You can pass items from desk to desk by picking them up and clicking them on the kid you want to pass it to. Again, you can only pass an item to the kids directly next to you.

I hope this helps. It's quite difficult to explain the game clearly but its worth perservering with the game because its a little gem.

Joyce

There is also a very good description of how to play the game. On bottom right corner there is a little television screen, click on that and then on help.

Khrismuc

I'm trying to remember how I woke her up

nihilyst

I have to say: wow! That was a funny game, after all, very creative and full of good ideas. I was enjoying it. Thanks!

Potch

Thank you!  Once I figured out how it worked, it was a cool little game!
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Joyce

Khrismuc
Spoiler
you have to trick teacher, you have to advance the clock with the ruler, then pass ruler back and use it on teacher
[close]

Khris

Thanks Joyce,
once again, I've overlooked that damn ruler :)

As for the game, I really enjoyed it. The concept's very innovative. I want to see more!

edmundito

Quote from: khrismuc on Mon 09/05/2005 22:56:11
Bug:
Spoiler
The teacher says "Shut up, children" even after she's fallen asleep when the angry guy punches someone.
[close]

Thanks, khrismuc... this is why I unleashed the game onto the AGSers. I thought I fixed that problem. :)
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

jane

Think I must really be missing something here........
Spoiler
have passed round piece of paper, pencil but nothing happens...............have tried everything I can think off - guess I have to get ruler - but how?[\hide]

Thanks Jane
[close]

Khris

Jane:

Spoiler
The blonde girl is on love with the guy to the left of her. Sooner or later, when he taps her, she concludes to write him a note.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk