Silver City in Production

Started by PsychicHeart, Tue 10/05/2005 08:15:58

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychicHeart

hey,
after some mysterious virus crippled all the work of my last game, turning 2 months of reasonably good work into emptyness, i have decided to make a new game. The game is titled "Silver City" and is essentially an FPS similar to Time Crisis as you cannot physically move, but as you clear an area by shooting all the "bad guys" , your character moves to a different "Zone" as i like to call them. The graphics are sort of cartoony AND serious. Here are a few basic screenshots:

This is the main menu. Looks alright in my opinion but, y'know, any changes from you guys are welcome.

This is the training mode, known as 'The Firing Range'. You shoot targets, and there are three ranges of difficult, Beginner, Average and Sharp Shooter.

okay i have the statistics of completion. they are as follows:

graphics: 10%
sounds: 100% ( no ingame sounds )
dialog: 15%
Game Physics: 30%
Game Design ( main menu etc ) : 75%
Overall Completion:Ã,  39%

Well, that's all for now, I'll be posting some more screenshots soon.

PS: anyone who wants to help work on my game just email me. myÃ,  address is:
flukeblake@hotmail.com

Thanks, that's all for now

PS: Looking for people to help work on my upcoming game, Silver City ( above ).
THANKS.

Edit by Darth
1) Please don't double post.
2) Ask for help in the ACR Thread as well, you'll get more views

Second Edit by Darth
DON'T DOUBLE POST.Ã,  USE THE MODIFY BUTTON
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Mozesh

:-\

PsychicHeart

Okay, I've been working hard, and I've got some new stats.

Game Design: 70%
Graphics: 10%
Audio: 5%
Game Media: 90%
Other Features: 50%
Total Game Completion: 14%

Thanks, I'll be adding some more ingame screenshots soon.
Also plz come to my website @: www.silvercitygame.tk
Lots of the links are dead but I will update in about one week.

Chicky

25c for a round? That's a 'quarter' right? Seems a little cheap  :=

Kinoko

I couldn't help but notice the bullseye is way off centre in that target... is that on purpose?

PsychicHeart

Answer to:

Kinoko: No it wasnt intentional. It was a blunder from our graphics department. Now I'm going to go fix it. And if i can't? May God help us all.

Chicky: Hey, it's a city overridden with corruptness. The bullet's would probably be faulty.

RedruM89: Interesting? No, it's more boring than a G-rated movie. kidding of course, it is pretty fun.

PsychicHeart

Okay, here is the new target for the range. Do you think it looks like the target is in the center?
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/targetforrange.GIF

PsychicHeart

Okay, as i have realised there is an ACTUAL CITY called Silver City plus a movie called Silver City yadayadayada i am changing its name from 'Silver City' to 'Bullet City'. Hope noone is offended or anyfing

Darth Mandarb

Edit by Darth
1) Please don't double post.
2) Ask for help in the ACR Thread as well, you'll get more views

Second Edit by Darth
DON'T DOUBLE POST.  USE THE MODIFY BUTTON

Perhaps I should have clarified that, while it is not acceptable to double post, it is also not acceptable to TRIPLE post.

Use the modify button from now on.

PsychicHeart

::)jeez your strict on this stuff. if i was tripleposting i would be saying the exact same thing as i did 3 posts up or something. This is a completely NEW topic. If youre a little hard on eyesight i'll write it again.
NEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEW
Ok? I was just saying that we've changed the name of the game. Dead set. I mean, you're doing a good job of moderating, but remember the difference between double/triple posting and saying something. I'm sure you'll learn how to do it in time :=.
Sincerely,
Blake

Chicky

Right, Flukeblake; You do NOT treat moderators like that. These people spend a great deal of their time dealing with attention seeking juveniles like yourself and trying to lay down some rules in their given forum.

Now I appreciate that you were aiming for your game's thread to become a little more popular, by bumping it to the top of the page. But do you really think that a simple 1-2 line post is sufficient. Maybe you could have provided us with a little more information about your game, a screenshot or two maybe. Or better so you could have changed the first post to show the new information about the game and could also change the thread title to 'bullet city' attracting more interest.

Personally I think the new name is terrible, as the first name 'silver city' was the thing that attracted me to your game to start with, the new name seems too cliché and far too simple.

Please in future respect the moderators, they do a great job and spend a great deal of their own time doing so.

PsychicHeart

but there is a REAL city called silver city and a movie and all that.
ps. soz to Darth, i guess i was kinda out of line

Mr Jake

So what if there is a real city called silver city? Bullet City isn't a great name. Silver City is quite a bit better.

Darth Mandarb

I agree that you should use your original title, even if there is a real city called that.  However, if you are going to go with Bullet City instead, update your first post to reflect the title change.

Quote from: Flukeblake on Mon 23/05/2005 05:06:29if i was tripleposting i would be saying the exact same thing as i did 3 posts up or something. This is a completely NEW topic.

Firstly, you're wrong.  You have three posts in a row and they ARE about the same thing.  They're about your game, in a thread about your game.  Even if they were about different things it wouldn't matter.  It IS triple posting ... don't do it again.

Second, before you try and educate me, check your facts.  If you have a problem with my methods of moderation please send me a PM with your concerns rather than making it public.

Try to understand that when I 'moderate' I'm not coming down on your personally, but doing what needs to be done to keep these boards clean and well structured.

"I find your lack of faith ... disturbing."

PsychicHeart

okay, fine. I'll change it back to Silver City.   :)
I'm glad we're all truced and that. Really, I am sorry to Darth, I probably shouldn't have posted what i did.

Babar

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 23/05/2005 19:20:06
"I find your lack of faith ... disturbing."
Choke him! Choke him!

heheh...so, Flukeblake, never played Time Crisis, is that like Virtual Cop style?
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

PsychicHeart

yeah pretty much.
you know the kind of games where you are stuck in one place, you go into FPS mode, you shoot all the bad guys and then you move on to a new location. If you've ever Played President Bush Shootout it's like that.

m0ds

Hi,

You wondered if I'd worked on any tunes for your game...
...I don't recall you ever asking?

What's that all about? :P

PsychicHeart

yeh you did.
right here you offered to help. anyway it doesn't matter i'm cancelling the production of it, at least til my exams are over (bout another 5 weeks)

m0ds

My bad, sorry. After finding examples of arcade music I got lost in development of another game I found some suitable tunes for... But as soon as you need some arcade music let me know, preferably when your game is like 50-70% ready :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk