BRITTENS 05 NEW DETAILS

Started by , Tue 10/05/2005 12:48:22

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

PLEASE SEE MY LATEST POSTS FOR LATEST NEWS.
CAMPING DETAILS ON PAGE 6.

Now is your chance to sign up to Brittens, the smaller spur of Mittens - your one and only chance to meet other AGS users, game developers and of course Chris Jones!

This year Brittens will be held near Staines, in "the usual" camping site. Details will be sent to those who sign up. All are welcome and I'm sure the majority of people will have tentage. There will of course be the big tent for storage and rainy days/nights - thats my only fear about the start of july ;p The age limit has been raised too, after consideration - to 17+.

The dates for Brittens is FRIDAY 1st JULY to MONDAY 4th JULY with MITTENS being held, in theory, sometime in mid-late August.

If you wish to attend Brittens, you will need to answer the following questions and EMAIL or PM them to me. If you PM me PLEASE include your EMAIL address otherwise you'll be left out!!

I need to know;

- Your forum nickname
- Your real name
- Where you're coming from (and how, i.e. car, plane, train - and to which destination)
- If you own a tent
- Whether a) 1st - 4th July or b) above dates are best for you

Email me on mark@barnettcollege.com

I would prefer to be emailed rather than PM'd, please.

Don't delay, sign up now! Staying Fri, Sat and Sun night will cost no more than just over £10, there is also a £10 for food fee, too.

:)
m0ds

CURRENTLY CONFIRMED;
- m0ds
- Yufster
- Custard
- AGA

Meowster

scotch

Gilberfest rekindled my interest in another British meeting, so I'll go too.

AGA

I think my body would rebel and make me die if I ever missed an AGS meeting. I'll be there.

By the way, scotch, on the Mega Bus site (going to London though, we'd have to get a train/bus from there to Staines), it's only £4.50 return for the furthest-away date they have (which is the end of June). Maybe if we booked tickets uber-early we'd get them for under a fiver...

scotch

Oh and I'd prefer the earlier dates personally, because they're sooner.

Ishmael

As soon as I find out if Petteri is coming, (and that is, if he is), I'll be booking part of his luggage and a slot for my name in the Brittens attendants(sp) list :)

(And if you don't get that, consult one of the links in my signature... I'll lose myself somewhere along the way unless I have a pair of eyes (and a brain) with me...)
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

AGA

Okay, there's a train with one change from Victoria station to Staines. Should be about £10 return, I think. The site wouldn't let me "book" this early though, so I couldn't get a definite price.

Meowster

Okay, so my flights would be from Waterford to Luton this time (never again Dublin Airport, never again). One is flying out on the Friday, at 2:50 PM, and the other returns from Luton at 5:15 PM on Monday. Gilberteers will notice the emphasism on PM.

Since I don't know where Luton is, or how far the Brittens site is from there, or what time everybody is expected to meet up, are these times okay? Or will people more than likely stay around longer?

Dave Gilbert

Whens the latest I can sign up?  I MIGHT be able to go, but it depends on a few things. 

Haddas

Ooh! I might get the financing for that. The more finns that go, the better it would be. I need to find out what salary I get in my summerjob, which will be before that date.

Privateer Puddin'

Adamski

Er, i'll sign up too but I have no idea whether or not i'll actually be working. If I am it'll have to be a Mittens-only year again.

AGA

Quote from: Yutzster on Tue 10/05/2005 15:42:54
Okay, so my flights would be from Waterford to Luton this time (never again Dublin Airport, never again). One is flying out on the Friday, at 2:50 PM, and the other returns from Luton at 5:15 PM on Monday. Gilberteers will notice the emphasism on PM.

Since I don't know where Luton is, or how far the Brittens site is from there, or what time everybody is expected to meet up, are these times okay? Or will people more than likely stay around longer?

It's less than 40 miles from Luton airport to Staines (nearest big town to the campsite, where everyone travels to before going on to the campsite). It'll take under an hour on a coach, although you may need to change a couple of times.

mods

Dave - last day of sign up = Thu 30th June

Yuf - i can pick you up from Luton, and 3 other travellers too. Aim to be in Luton about midday on Friday?

Then I can pick up other people from Staines bus station afterwards.

Meowster

AGA

They won't let you bring that through customs, silly girl.

dasjoe

shotgun 2, but only when it's held at the first date. and i have to leave sunday, exam on monday (as usual)
... it's quite easy being the best.

AGA

(only one person can call shotgun... Shotgun 2 would mean either you or Yufster would be driving)

Pumaman

I'm in!

Also, if I win the lottery before Brittens is held, I'll fly in everyone for free with my personal helicopter.

Oh and uh, I guess the 1st-4th July would be the better dates for me.

Meowster

Since he is picking us up, that would suggest Mark is driving.

And I can't drive anyway.

So 'Shotgun 2' means nothing.

Except that you don't know what 'Shotgun' is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk