BRITTENS 05 NEW DETAILS

Started by , Tue 10/05/2005 12:48:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Meowster

GREAT NEWS EVERYBODY, I've arranged a trip to Thorpe Park...

Adamski

Do we have to go in torrential rain again?

Pumaman

It wouldn't be Brittens without a downpour or twoÃ,  ;)

m0ds

Apparently there's a heatwave coming, the Government are even publishing a leaflet on "how to stay cool".

Naturally the answer is to be CJ, but thats beside the point...

:P

Ashen

Is anyone else going that hasn't been (to anything) before? I really want to go this year, but not if I'm going to be the only one that doesn't know anyone.

Also - which dates have been settled on?
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Renal Shutdown

Is anyone else going that hasn't been (to anything) before?

I haven't been to a Brittens or a Mittens before, but I have been to the Gilbofest, last weekend.  It owned.
No.
It Pwned.

I'd suggest visiting the IRC room #ags for a while, to get to know the attendees first, tho.
It makes the actual meeting far more exciting.

For example, I met the Godfather of Adventure Games, Ron Gilbert, but I was far more stoked about meeting the other AGSers.  When CJ arrived, I almost soiled myself.
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

edmundito

And then guys made out, apparently. CJ is just that kind of guy...
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

strazer

I've also never been there before, so I'll be spending some time in #ags soon.
I would be happy to meet you, Ashen.

Renal Shutdown

Apparently, Ashen was up for or won the Best n00b Forego.  I can't wait to meet him.
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

Ashen

What the hell, I'm in. Looking forward to meeting you guys, too.
I was nominated for best n00b, but lost out to strazer - no dishonour there, only a little surprise, as I hadn't realised how 'new' a member he was.

Quote from: MeAlso - which dates have been settled on?
Nevermind, re-read the first post. 1st - 4th would've been my preference anyway.

See you in July. (And #ags before then, probably)
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

m0ds

Aye, don't be shy! You'll know everyone after the first hour or two! :D

Meowster

I'll look after the newbies, don't worry :)

The answer to staying cool is to be around me.

Or to wear summery clothes.

Like Iqu, I was excited to meet other AGSers and when I think of Gilbertfest, I think more of the AGS'ers I met than I do of Ron.

Weird.

There is no point in being shy as you have paid for your flights so it would be pointless to get there and say nothing.

edmundito

LEET?!

Looks like those SMF people are jokers, or maybe it was that Pumaman guy's idea...
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Haddas

1st - 4th of july will be perfect. I'll miss my sisters confirmation, my mums 45th birthday and free cake.

Miez

So, Marky - you still have a free car seat? I'll be dropping into Luton International Port of the Air, and I could do with a ride...  ;D

m0ds

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! MAXIMUM YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I certainly do, Mr Art!

Glad you can make it :)

Pumaman

Quote from: Ashen on Thu 12/05/2005 23:54:53
Is anyone else going that hasn't been (to anything) before? I really want to go this year, but not if I'm going to be the only one that doesn't know anyone.

Yeah, any lone newcomers are forced to endure an initiation ritual involving a cat-o-nine-tails, some velcro and a box of eggs.

QuoteI'd suggest visiting the IRC room #ags for a while, to get to know the attendees first, tho.
It makes the actual meeting far more exciting.

Oh I dunno, I hadn't visited #ags in ages before Gilbertfest, and it made meeting you guys all the more interesting  ;)

Like Iqu, I was excited to meet other AGSers and when I think of Gilbertfest, I think more of the AGS'ers I met than I do of Ron.
Weird.

Don't worry, that's perfectly normal -- I'm thinking of AGA all the time, too.

QuoteLooks like those SMF people are jokers, or maybe it was that Pumaman guy's idea...

Heh yeah that's an SMF easter egg; a bit lame if you ask me, but I couldn't be bothered to take it out.

Renal Shutdown

Quote from: Pumaman on Fri 13/05/2005 19:32:41
I'm thinking of AGA all the time, too.

You heartless b*st*rd.  No saix for you tonight.

Meowster

Oh, it wasn't AGA I was thinking about...   8)

AGA

Yeah yeah. Your life became better the day you met me, and you know it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk