AGS 3D

Started by DoorKnobHandle, Sun 15/05/2005 15:21:53

Previous topic - Next topic

RickJ

Really neat.    A number of people have been asking about making car driving type applications lately and I have recently upgraded the DQ Motorcycle Race to V2.7 script language.  So I am wondering if this could be applied to such things. 

Joseph DiPerla

Never thought about using a module like this for in game driving a la Police Quest style.
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

stu

Quote from: Tuntis on Mon 16/05/2005 05:59:53
Quote from: RedruM89 on Sun 15/05/2005 22:54:12
Wow that is quite impressive I wonder how far this can be taken.
Maybe some black and white Doom, but it would take muuch work.
maybe not even Doom..
Wolfenstein3D, perhaps

DoorKnobHandle

Thank you.

That flipping when you come closer ( then the z- or depth-axis is negative ) is a logical mistake, I'll fix it...

Collision detection as well as rotation are definately going to be pretty tricky task. I'll see what I can do.

Oh, and using this for a car race simulation would work just perfect, I just tried it out for the fun of it...

Arboris

A very nice piece of scripting in AGS. Good job !

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

auhsor

Wow very nice work there... I'm interested in seeing what can become of this newfound funtionality.

Chicky

heh, that is indeed very impressive. I hope to release a engine demo for my 3D adventure game within the next month, although not made in ags the scripting has been quite tricky, specially detecting hotspots for the mouse to click on, seeing as you have to consider X,Y and Z angles.

DoorKnobHandle

Thank you.

I'll continue implementing new features and debugging it and then release it as soon as possible...

InCreator

Why Doom? Why gouraud texturing? Is it really needed?

Think big!
Think Alone in the Dark!!1

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

That'd be 3D characters, actually. Though it would be more interesting, IMHO, it's much much harder to implement.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

InCreator

Yeh, flat shaded 3D characters.

But think...
We can - or to be precise, AGS can - calculate paths, coordinates, speed, etc for 2D objects(characters), right?

Now imagine such 2d thing moving around walkable areas. Invisible one.
No, we just have to link animated 3D model to it (so it would would just use the 2D object for right screen coordinates and moving), and animate it to move feet - and we have mouse-controlled 3D character.

Don't know how to make different directions, though.

Gilbert

Heh, actually when V2.7 was in beta stage I had done several small tests, one of them is here, which is extremely crappy though. :=

Haddas

If nothing else, than this proves AGS is quite a capable engine. More capable than I thought. Man, this is so awesome I think I'm gonna expl*

DoorKnobHandle

NEW VERSION RELEASED!

I added a new screenshot in the first post and updated the download link, so you can now download a newer version with more features...

LINK: Download AGS 3D!

New features are:

- 800x600 resolution!
- Change the render-mode in real-time between "WIREFRAME", "FLAT-SHADED" and "COMBINED"!
- Change the camera's field of view in realtime!
- Improved moving system (smooth camera movement)!
- See some color!
- Fixed the bug when you come to close to any object!
- Blend the controls and help text out!

So, make sure to check it out... It improved a lot!!!

Scummbuddy

- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

DoorKnobHandle

Allright, thanks. I fixed the link...

Sam.

This is getting pretty awesome, nice work. My only issue is, left to right movement is at a tolerable speed, but forward and back motion is supersuperfast so its quite hard to actually get a good view of the objects.

In the future, is it possible to wireframe more complicated things like "spheres"
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

DoorKnobHandle

I noticed that extreme fast camera movement on the z-axis as well, it will be fixed for the next version for sure... :)

You can technically create any three-dimensional figure that can be broken down into polygons ( triangles ), so you can create spheres and everything else that you see in all other 3d engines...

This is how it is going to work: The module adds functions, that basically work like the RawDraw functions from standard AGS, but with threedimensional figures, so one command is: DrawCube (int x1, int y1, int z1, int x2, inty2, intz2, int cube_color ); which draws a cube between two given points ( with three-coordinates respectively ) in the color, that you specify...
Other commands are DrawPolygon and DrawLine, which creates a single polygon and a three-dimensional (!) line... The DrawLine command basically uses the DrawPolygon and DrawLine command, so those two commands can be looked at as the basic ones and then there are so called shortcut or prefab functions like DrawCube, that make it easier to create stuff.

I'll add functions like DrawPyramid, DrawSphere or DrawArch later.

If anybody has any ideas please do not hesitate to ask!

Privateer Puddin'

I don't know if this is possible, but for a cubes sides to have different light levels, such as

http://www.custardsclutter.com/AGS3D_SCREEN.PNG

that would help when wireframe mode is turned off, for me atleast ;p

also, getting both shift buttons working (rather than just the left hand one)?

Mozesh

Hmm this is getting more interesting by the post :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk