Jac unholstering gun

Started by East, Fri 13/05/2005 22:08:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Very well done.  The only comment I would make is that using a blur undermines the skill you've shown with animation.  Chopping out a few keyframes to make the action faster might look better, imo.  Great work.

TheYak

No sleight against his skill, but I dig the blur.  I just recently started watching Samurai Champloo and, despite having some good drawings and great animation, uses blurs and flashes for sword-swipes which works to great effect, I think.  Sort of a more subtle equivalent of a <BIFF!> or <POW!> from an old comic book. 

Maybe if I slowed it down some, I'd be pickier about the lost details but I dig it.  My only real problem is with the strange-looking compression and added detail of the shirt as he pulls the jacket away, but it's been addressed.  Even if your video has a set stance, what about widening it some when he pulls the gun? It would just seem a bit more aesthetic, even if not necessarily realistic.

Andail

Very impressive animation.
Maybe you should add some movements to the lower body? I guess he could plant his feet further apart, bend down a little, or look more "ready" in some way.

Cardician

Man, this is AWESOME! Please post a little more info on your methods. I hadn't considered the idea of usin mocap and then extracting the frames, animating and coloring them. Great idea and might help this otherwise talentless artist. What kind of camera did you use? Any other details you can give? How exactly did you extract frames from the mocapped video?

Thanks. And I PMed you as well, just because this looks so great and might finally be the method I've been looking for to add art to my game.  :)

Phemar

Yeh. This is stunning. How do you do it?

If you have some spare time, you wouldn't mind doing a tutorial or anything?

I'm amazed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk