Is this as cool as i think?

Started by Sotoeovoeon, Mon 23/05/2005 01:00:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Sotoeovoeon

Do you guys like?Ã,  Ã, If not please tell why here i really want to improve this game.

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Starwarsx.bmp
www.2dadventure.com/ags/newhope1.bmp
www.2dadventure.com/ags/newhope2.bmp
www.2dadventure.com/ags/newhope3.bmp
www.2dadventure.com/ags/newhope4.bmp
www.2dadventure.com/ags/newhope5.bmp
www.2dadventure.com/ags/newhope7.bmp

Squinky

None of them work, which may be because you failed to enter the file type at the end, example :
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/newhope1.jpg

BerserkerTails

The file type at the end is bmp. So add that if you want to see the pictures. Anyway, what are we exactly critiquing here? This are just screen captures from A New Hope with some text on them that looks like it was added in MS Paint. Some of the pictures have even been scaled wrong.

Perhaps when you've done some actual work on the game, we can help you.
I make music.

InCreator

Khris

Quote from: Sotoeovoeon link=topic=20981.msg255697#msg255697Is this as cool as i think?
No.
What were you thinking? Oh. Never mind.

LGM

Though it looks like you've put forth effort in creating these screens, I must advise against making a Star Wars game. So.. Please don't..
You. Me. Denny's.

Ubel

This isn't good idea, for several reasons:

1. These will look very bad in an adventure game.
2. It's very hard to rip succesfully every background you need from a movie.
3. I don't think LucasFilm would approve this. You're even using their logo.

But if you really want to do this, then I'd suggest you to draw these bg's yourself. And not to use LucasFilm's company logo.

=The=Brat=

no not cool unless you are going to change the file type im not even going to wait for them to load

hedgefield

If you are going to rip screens, at least edit them; rearrange, add or remove things, make it your own. And you can make a Star Wars crawler just like in the movies, so you wont have to use that crappy combined screen. There's a thread around the technical archive somewhere, but I'm too lazy to search for it.

And if I may be nitpicky, Lucasfilms works on movies, Lucasarts works on games. If they made a game like this, they would use the Lucasarts logo. But they're not making it, you're making it, so it would be better(not to mention smarter) to use a logo of your own.

Mozesh

QuoteIs this as cool as i think?
No definatly not.
Take a look at shadows of the empire. THAT is cool.
You'd better make your own backgrounds or atleast modify screens alot better than that. About the logo, I hope it was a mistake you aren't seriously thinking about using it are you? :-\ It is property of lucasfilms! and like largopredator said it would have been LucasArts!

Krazy

I dunno here's a quick 5 minute suggestion of what you might be able to do (overuse of gradients)
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

Phemar

Haha. I really wouldn't do a Star Wars game. Really.

And I would also never post BMPs on the net. Sick.

Bartimaeus

~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

stu

Star Wars is one of the reasons great commercial adventure games died out.
It completely corrupted LucasArts :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk