Cell Animation using Computer

Started by faizin, Tue 24/05/2005 14:29:32

Previous topic - Next topic

faizin

Heya..I wanna make a sprite and I draw it and then scan it.But it really hard to draw many same image but the other parts move.My drawing is so hard to draw so that I really frustrated.I have heard of like cel animation using computer.Can you tell me how to make that?

DoorKnobHandle

Questions about art and how to do art belong to the Critics Lounge.

In order to use cell-shading, you have to create a three-dimensional model in a modelling programm like 3d studio max, cinema 4d or blender and then activate a special rendermode.

Please try to write a little less confusing next time you ask something, that would help us to help you.

I hope that helped a little bit.

Al_Ninio

I'm afraid you got your terms mixed up there, [...]. ;)

Cel animation, more commonly known as traditional animation is indeed, just like Faizin said, hand-drawn animation, where you have to draw a picture... And then another picture... And then another picture... Rinse, lather, repeat.

In order to draw pictures that are similiar enough to each other, you might want to resort to a method called onion skinning.
Most graphics/animation programs are capable of doing that, like ImageReady, Flash and Toon Boom Studio, for example.
Hope I helped!

(Also: "This is the critics lounge, the place where you can show your art, music and writings to other people, and in return look at their creations". Nothing about questions about art, as the critics lounge is for people to recieve feedback on stuff they have already drawn. I don't think questions about art belong there, although I could be mistaken).

DoorKnobHandle

Oh, wow. You're right. I don't know what in the world made me think he said "cell-shading"...

Sorry for that.

Snarky

Cel shading (not "cell shading") is simply a way to shade 3D graphics to make them look like a typical cel animation. ("Cel" is short for "celluloid", and comes from the material used to make the transparent plastic overlay sheets that animation frames used to be drawn on.)

faizin

Thank you everyone.I get myself worked now. :D

Andail

In the future, please note that the critics lounge is only for publishing material.

EDIT:
I have added a new thread which will handle questions like this in the future. Check it out!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk