Rebel Spy - A Prelude to Hope

Started by Darth Mandarb, Wed 19/03/2003 05:32:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Autofire

The artwork for this game looks very neat. Did you make everyghing yourself?

ElectricMonk

Holy. Crap.

This looks very very awesome - it's about time someone made a decent SW adventure game (apologies if there are already any AGS SW games out there that I missed).

One teensy weensy minor niggle though: You may want to run the whole thing through a spell checker. It's "emperor", not "emporer", and "protocol droid" not "protical droid".
(Of course a spellchecker will be pretty useless when it comes to most other SW names, such as "Gamorrean" instead of "Gammorian"...)

Oh, and the "Hammerhead" species are Ithorians. ;)

foz

top artwork.........another game to add to my list...

Kweepa

I wish people would stop digging up ancient threads.
I get all excited for no reason.
I think DM's abandoned this game...
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Darth Mandarb

BLAST FROM THE PAST

Well, first, the good news:
I haven't exactly abandoned this.

It's just been put on hold.  I am still planning on doing this game, though I've got a few projects in the works right now.

This is the game I want to make most with AGS, but I wanted to take some time (do other smaller projects) to learn the scripting and perfect the style.

I was guilty of doing what a LOT of n00bs do ... I found AGS and then decided to make a HUGE mind blowing 1000 hour game with never before seen graphics and playability.  Then I ate a reality sandwhich.

So while you can expect to see this game made ... don't expect it any time soon :)

Kweepa

Heh heh.
Always a great way to elicit a response.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Joseph DiPerla

I dont know... A friend indeed showed that you are capable of making a really great game, Graphics wise, puzzle wise, story wise and scripting wise.

I dont know how much you need to learn. I consider you a top AGS'er in my book.

But take as much time as you need with the game. Star Wars is my favorite movies/book so I look forward to seeing this game.

JD
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

LordHart

I'm glad this hasn't been abandoned...

But Darth, hurry up and finish it and I'll give you a special treat.. if you know what I mean? ;)

...Candy! :D

Gonchi

This game's art looks great. I hope you manage to get the game back on track ASAP, it would be a shame if it were canceled.

Also, I think the player char looks a tad too young. I know you're just "thinking out loud" with your sprite, and that any suggestion I make will probably be irrelevant due to the current status of the game, but I had a few mins and nothing better to do so here's my interpretation of what the player char should look like (it actually took me longer to figure out how to attach an image. Really wish we could upload from HD's instead of linking from websites)...

<link removed>

I hope you don't mind that I've bastardized your art. :-\
I'm here to kick butt and eat rice crackers, and I've got a lot of rice crackers

ElectricMonk

Gonchi: Nice, but a little too "Kyle Katarn" for my taste...

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: ElectricMonk on Wed 21/04/2004 14:07:13Gonchi: Nice, but a little too "Kyle Katarn" for my taste...
Exactly what I was thinking.  Or the guy from 'My Two Dads' :)

Truthfully, when I get around to this game again it'll probably resemble what you've seen so far VERY little.  So that character will probably change drastically!

But thanks for taking the time!

MrColossal

Hehe and next time Darth... don't use my walkcycle as a template, but I think i've harped on that enough now...

hooray for not finishing games!
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Mats Berglinn

Quotehooray for not finishing games!

Knock it off, will ya MrColossal!!! >:(

Darth: Just ignore him! I want you to finish the games. I see forward to both.

Gonchi

I'm here to kick butt and eat rice crackers, and I've got a lot of rice crackers

AGA

He was in er... Jedi Knight, I think. One of the Star Wars third-person fighter/shooter games.

ElectricMonk

QuoteHe was in er... Jedi Knight, I think. One of the Star Wars third-person fighter/shooter games.

His debut was in Dark Forces, then he appeared in Jedi Knight (aka Dark Forces 2) and its sequels (up to the recent Jedi Academy, in which he appears as an NPC).

Gonchi

Phemar

Please, get rid of the floppy hands....And this game look terrific! I think it will definately be better than JP and Cosmo: A friend Indeed.

Woohoo!

Nacho

As a chairman of T-d entertainment I must say... Jeremy Page is in Michigan, in a wedding, and he'll  be there for two weeks... Save your energies for his come back.  :)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Bartimaeus

That art is amazing.
Its not fair.
;)

EDIT: Okay hang on I should seriously not have replied to this. Didn't realise it's about a year old.
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk