Cake & Smurphy Puzzle Battle [Tetris-like game]

Started by Shini, Fri 17/03/2006 21:07:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Shini

Here it is, we just finished our stupid 1 or 2 players block breaking game... Try it out now, I'm quite sure you'll love the gameplay...

Content advisory: some drug-related graphics...Ã,  ;D
Note : texts in french and pseudo-english, readme in french...

Here's a little screenshot to view what you're planning to download ;)

Links (Rar splitted in 3 parts, 20Mb each):

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Helli78

very nice game!

i like the graphics and the music very much.....!

sadly is only, that its not in english, (maybe  there will be/could a "translated" release?  ;) what the author[-team] think.....?

Shini

I think it's 60MB cause I use an old version of AGS (2.62) so the sprites are not compressed... And I'm also afraid that the game needs a huge system requirement since it's not really optimized and the 32bits graphics seems to work slowly on AGS (at least the version I use).Ã,  :(

Concerning the translation, it would be a great idea since I'm beginning to post the game on several english websites... The problem is that all graphicals texts are written manually and not with a font... So I've to ask the graphist to see if she's ok to redraw most of the texts (with a MOUSE!!! Done without any scanner)...

Gilbert

Quote from: Shini on Sun 19/03/2006 12:05:54
I think it's 60MB cause I use an old version of AGS (2.62) so the sprites are not compressed...

Probably not, since you had compressed your game with RAR already (I remembered uncompressing it to about 100MB, which was quite large).
I think it's probably because of the 32-bit graphics, maybe music tracks is also an important factor.

Hadn't tried the game yet 9just uncompressed in HDD, not tried yet), but it looks really nice, I'll try that later!

Shini

Really sorry about this huge file size...  :'(

Hope you'll try it soon and post your comment soon!

Afflict

Radiant

Well, if it was a manageable download size I'd probably give it a try. At a whopping 60 Mb though, I could probably write a basic Tetris game before the download finishes :)  so I would like to know what's so special about this particular Tetroid.

Afflict

Well i started the download I will look at it. The best ever tetris game I ever played was the one on mIRC that was kewl I never lost a game.

Shini

The rules of the game are a bit like 'crack attack' on linux... But I added cumulatives bonuses for comboes and big explosions, so the game play is really nervous in 2 players game!

But i've still one problem with the game... The game speed is computer-relative! And it needs a huge config...Ã,  :'(Ã,  Ã,  Ã, I think it's caused by the AGS engine that does not support 32bits graphics as well as expected...

Shini

Quote from: Radiant on Tue 04/04/2006 10:58:44I could probably write a basic Tetris game before the download finishes :)Ã,  so I would like to know what's so special about this particular Tetroid.
--> LOOL  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk