2005 MITTENS OFFICIAL INFO AND ROLLCALL THREAD! TREMBLE!

Started by Helm, Mon 30/05/2005 12:14:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Helm

Hello again. This is where I tell you about our Greece Mittens options.

It's going to be in Evia, specifically 'Agia Anna' ( stands for Saint Anna ) which is a couple of hours outside Athens. I've been there and it's very nice. When I started trying to organize this a bit, I wanted to avoid camping as much as possible, and get us into houses of friends or whatever, but that fell through completely, so I'm sorry, it's going to have to be tents again. However, all is not lost, as we'll be camping, there:

http://www.clubagiaanna.gr/profile.htm

And I think this looks very nice. You can check out the prices there, although we might get somewhat better ones as we're going as a group, and they told me there's group rates as well. The big issue is WHEN we go, as prices differ before and after 15 of august. So in addition to posting in this thread to tell me that you're coming, I'd like to hear preferences for before, or after 15 of august. We're going to be spending a week there, so each of you should tell me if you'd like the before week, after week, or do not care. When everybody's oppinion is accounted for, we're going to get a definite date, and then people will have to either commit to that, or pass. The monetary difference isn't so vast, really, before or after. What matters is to decide on the date that suits most of the agsers that want to come. Rough calculations show the need of about 50 - 60 euros for the whole stay there. That is, assuming one brings his own tent. Small tents should hold two people, so each of you should be prepared to pair up, get intimate and ultimately do nocturnal massages to at least one other agser, but that's nothing new.

The admission price I've been told, includes some partial nutrition, the usage of the pool, the usage of the minibuses that will take us to the beach and so on, so forth.

What I need is a honest roll-call, so I can call and make a reservation to a specific amount of people. When I called, I discussed a figure around 20ish people, but knowing for sure is better. In the case however that someone bails out, or somebody else decides to come at the last moment, I'm sure we'll be able to work that out. The problem would be to tell them that 20 people are coming, and then only 10 show up. Then we might have to pay the extra reservations, which is not nice. 

Be aware that in addition to the Agia Anna camping money, you'll be spending 30-40 euros on the busses from Athens to there, and of course, flight tickets.

If you guys feel up to it, we could travel back to Athens in the last day of the week and I'll take you guys to see the parthenon and get mugged by junkies or something. Downtown Athens is not beautiful, but if you want to find out for yourself, I'm game. Otherwise, don't expect much in terms of event organizing from silly Helm. I don't do that at all. All I can offer is one week of great weather, a nice beach, spending time with your internet friends and the apportunity to beat as many women as you like. Because in Greece we beat our women.

EDIT: Also, sorry for being late with this information. My computer broke down a week ago, and I've been back online in the last two days.
WINTERKILL

scotch

I'll be there if I possibly can be, which is probably (it's just a simple matter of getting the money).  I don't mind what the dates are but cheaper is better.
The site looks very nice indeed.

AGA

Andail

Yay! Great to hear that some brits will attend mittens as well, even though they must be pretty fed up with eachother after having spent a week inside some tents in Laleham, cowering from the rain.
Bah, I'm just a bit disappointed I probably can't attend Brittens as well....

As for mittens dates, anytime in August is fine except for the first week.

And I urge people to come to this great event! Sign up today, boys and girls! It will be heaps-o-fun!!

Sinitrena

I think I'll come, as long as it's going to happen before the 14th august, I don't have time after this date.

Disco

I'm in for the 15th start date. My flight(s) will be a tad cheaper then and I've already sort of based my other european excursion options around this date. Nothing has been booked yet, so I can go either time.

I will most certainly not have a tent (My 8 man does not easily travel) so will need to rent. Perhaps someone else not providing their own can share a rented with me.

Adamski

I have the money, I have the technology, I have a tent and a bottle of sun lotion. I'll be there!

I honestly don't mind what week we go, but I would sway towards the cheaper option.

m0ds

Either dates are fine for me, I can definitely come and will book the time off work and the flights as soon as I hear a definite from you, Helm. :) Thanks for organising this, it'll be sweeeet! The campsite looks really nice, by the way, plus a swimming pool!!

Pumaman

\o/ Helm is back, Mittens is on!

Either week is fine with me, but the earlier we get a definite date the better, so that there's a better chance of me getting the time off work.

2ma2

I plan to attend. Dates does not matter that much, so we'll just let other decide.. I can probably bring a 2 or 3-inhabitant tent, unless it has crawled away or burned up or something equalent.

Phemar

Al_Ninio

I'm afraid that even though I planned to go, have the funds for a trip and possible parental agreement, August is simply impossible for me, due to my sister being suddenly impregnated and due to give birth in August.
So... have fun, y'all.

Privateer Puddin'

My 8ball says 'Most Likely'

I should be there unless something silly happens ¬¬

Andail

2ma2, let us plan our flights some time. And other swedes planning to come as well, of course.

InCreator

Ooh, Mittens.
I'd would love to attend too...

But!

* I'm nobody. Until I got finally something playable released at l(e)ast!
* There's no reasonable (or affordable) way to get from Tallinn to Greece... unless I take a ship to Finland and ask Petteri to organize further transportation
* It would be still super expensive, especially for economy like we have here...  :'( Enough money to buy a mediocre well-kept car!

Pumaman

Oh Helm, could you confirm what the minimum age will be? Will it be 18 like last year?

Darth Mandarb

Are there any Yanks planning on attending?

I would really like to go ...

I'm assuming I'd have to fly into Athens?  The cheapest flight I can find was $1600 USD ... which is a little on the steep side :) 

I'm unfamiliar with the geography over there ... is there another (cheaper) airport that allows international connections?  Or another airport (much) further away where I could hook up with other AGSers traveling by car/bus?

Adamski

I think Grundislav's planning to co-ordinate with the brits and fly first to the UK then onwards to Athens with us. I'm not sure of the specifics though.

Andail

There should be cheaper flights. I found one for 1100 dollars right now. Last year I went to NY and back for around 750 $. Perhaps it's getting a bit late to get the cheapest flights, I don't know.

scotch

Currently the flights from London are about £180, that's up from £130 when I last checked, so if possible, people should book soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk