2005 MITTENS OFFICIAL INFO AND ROLLCALL THREAD! TREMBLE!

Started by Helm, Mon 30/05/2005 12:14:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Grundislav

I'm also, for all intents and purposes, in.  (The big "if" being if I can get time off work, but I'll beg and plead).

I do not have a tent, and lugging one over from the USA would be a pain in the ass anyway, so someone's going to have to get cozy with me.

I looked into flights, and the best I found was in the $1243 area.  Now, I don't care about the dates, but coordination with Brits-wise, it'd be better the week of the 15th, since I'd have to leave on Sunday the 14th, and come back the 21st.

Darth, if you're seriously planning on coming, PM me and let me know.  It'd be very nice to have a travel companion on the 8-hour flight to the UK, especially a fellow Floridian  :)

Helm

18 is minimum age

Precisely a week after today this thread will be locked and I'll make reservations according to the number of people having made a commitment in this thread.
WINTERKILL

Adamski

I also vouch that a week today all us Brits co-ordiante with Grundy on which flight to book and do so - the prices scotch quoted will continue to rise until they are very expensive.

Nacho

Lorena and me will try to attend... I'd really like to, that week in Sweden is one of the most happy I can remember.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Dart

Aye, I will try to attend as well. I'd prefer an earlier date, as I'll need to prepare for university (and I got accepted for Software Engineering, W00T! ^_^).

The flight from here to Greece will cost around $3000, which isn't THAT bad, I guess. :D So, if I can somehow convince my parents to go, and if I'm not working/taking C++ courses, expect to see me there. :D

Helm

WINTERKILL

Disco

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 30/05/2005 19:32:35
Are there any Yanks planning on attending?
Yep, one more right here!

Gosh, I would like to coordinate flights too, but by Mittens I will have been in Greece two days already, no matter what date, so coordination is not possible.

The 15th is looking better as it gives me an extra week to secure more spending money (not such a big deal).

Dart

Al_Ninio

Andail

Dart; 3000$, oh my!....well, it will be worth it!

And I hope your parents won't be a problem. Tell them a teacher-to-be is going to be there and look after you kids, and they will probably feel secure.

AGA

$3000 Canadian is only like the cost of a candy bar in most countries.

Dart

Quote from: AGA on Tue 31/05/2005 11:08:37
$3000 Canadian is only like the cost of a candy bar in most countries.

Stop exaggerating; it's more like 2 candy bars.

Chrille

Meanies! Why didn't anyone tell me it was going to be in Greece earlier? That's what I get for not visiting the forums more often I guess.

I would've loved to go, but I didn't save any money since I thought it would be in Australia. Oh well, maybe next year, provided it's not in Japan or something like that.
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Andail

Bummer, Chrille!
Well, I'll see you next summer!

Chrille

Unless I bump into you in town before that, I'm back in Gothenburg now.
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Renal Shutdown

Count me as a probable.  I'd love to manage it, but I need to first:

1. Get money. I'm owed some due to a tax rebate, it's just a matter of claiming it.
2. See how much of that tax rebate will be going on paying bills.
3. Some of said money may go on getting a laptop/external multi-input soundcard, so my band can use it for recording stuff during practice, so I'll need to find out what's left.
4. Get a second job to pay for it.

Probable at best, but I hope I can make it more definite.  I warn you now, it might be a very short notice confirmation, tho.  Also, danke to helm for the organisation.  With or without the PC issues, you seem to have done an awesome job.  Hopefully, I can thank you in person.
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

jetxl

I'm gain.
After August 15th would be great since I said that I can't work the 34-35th* weekÃ,  and I would be easier to get week 33 off as well.

Is it true that you cant flush used toilet paper in Greece?!

*these are the buzzies weeks (I like to call them hell weeks), and I don't want to be around when there are only two people working the phone. I did this too manny times before and had to do a d10/d100 sanity check.

Pet Terry

I'm coming. I've got the money, I've got the time and I've got a tent. Of course if the tent is too heavy I have to leave it.

Anytime in August is fine with me. The area looks lovely too, I couldn't imagine a better place where to spend a week of summer.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Helm

Ok moving back from the future with 1.2 jiggawatts of power:

Petteri
jetxl
Iqu (probably)
Andail
Dart
AGA
Disco
Farlander and wench (probably)
Dark Stalkey (ROCK)
Grundy
scotch
Darth (possibly? Wasn't clear)
CJ
Custard (probably)
2ma2
m0ds (of course)
Sinitrena

18 up to here and

Helm (ZBOINK!)
Butcher (god, if I can help it)

that's 20 right here. Cool. I expect -3 to +1 people from the final roll-call, so I'd like to see it be as final as possible. People, if you plan to come, now is the time to post. Ask your boss, ask your dominatrix, ask your dog (or take it with you in the case we get hungry for a meat snack) for days off. Tell me. Help helm. Help helm help you help helm help helm helm help he

and yeah, flushing toilet paper isn't allowed at pain of sodomy, which I find quite appropriate.

EDIT: also, if I may beg a little, I'd like to see the following people too, so please please if you're reading this, come to greece, it'll be fun!: Glodmnu, eric and wench (money isn't important! eat jess, then pack yourself in a suitcase and mail it!), yufster and james slaughter.

Thank you.
WINTERKILL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk