2005 MITTENS OFFICIAL INFO AND ROLLCALL THREAD! TREMBLE!

Started by Helm, Mon 30/05/2005 12:14:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Pesty

Oh man, I was going to go, but my dominatrix told me I couldn't.  :'(

Hahaha, just kidding. I have no money and I can't buy a plane ticket with wishes and rainbows. I've tried!
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Andail

Pesty didn't come to mittens NY, so I never had much hope about Greece.

Heck, Pesty probably wouldn't show up if mittens was held in her own back yard

Pesty

Quote from: Andail on Thu 02/06/2005 08:39:43
Pesty didn't come to mittens NY, so I never had much hope about Greece.

Heck, Pesty probably wouldn't show up if mittens was held in her own back yard

You know that's not true! I do not lack the will to go, merely the pocketbook!

We could have Mittens in my backyard. It's big enough for it. I should claim 2008 before anyone else does!
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

m0ds

Helm, what has Kryiakas said to you, then? Are you able to persuade him to come?? I had a brief chat with him on MSN a week ago or so and he said he'd love to go but felt he wouldn't really know anyone... Looking at your list it seems that quite a few people he would know are going. So it'd be great to see him :)

Not so sure we'll see James there, though :P

Layabout

I demand to be there at your own risk.

Uh, that means count me in.
I am Jean-Pierre.

dasjoe

count me in for some days if its the week leading the 15th. i would have to leave on the 13th or 14th, though.
stupid exams :( or rather stupid me for failing them the last time..
... it's quite easy being the best.

Andail

Ok, Pesty. Then it's settled; 2008, mittens will be in your back yard.
I'm packing my things already!

m0ds

Pet Terry

Hey, you remember my adventure-game-loving-friend who is registered here as Skippy? Well, he hasn't had an access to internet in a while but he said he would still love to attend Mittens so it would be cool if you could count him in as a probable (for now, he will post here when he can).

EDIT: Eep, Skippy just said he isn't going. He said the biggest problem was that nobody (except me) knows him. Oh well, but that doesn't stop me from coming!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Helm

Okay, it seems we have a sorta finalized rollcall and it's around 21 to 22 people. a couple more or couple less will not make much of a difference. The dates will MOST PROBABLY be 15 to 22. I will call monday or tus to confirm and book, so you can also start asking for the days off and the like. This means we'll be paying slightly less that what's on the page ( possibly) and I'll let you all know come monday. Exact rates, detailed ways to get there and the like. If flights come to late in the 15th and you feel like it will be one lost day, you could fly sooner, and spend some time around athens with me, or if you're too many, simply hang around with me in the airport like tom hanks until it's time to roll with the busses. All this will be discussed to a greater length when I've actually booked.

Watch this space.
WINTERKILL

Disco

Yay, someone come to Athens a day early and keep me company  :D
I will arrive in Athens the afternoon of the 12th and will be staying three nights at Athens Backpackers. Then we can do that Tom Hanks thing while the 6.25 day Mitteners show up at the airport.

Quote from: Helm on Sat 04/06/2005 23:13:38
The dates will MOST PROBABLY be 15 to 22
That information brings visions of sugarplums and an extra $100!

Sinitrena

QuoteThe dates will MOST PROBABLY be 15 to 22.

Oh no, I don't have time at this date, so don't count me in anymore. Sad but true  :'(

Have fun, anybody else.

Andail

Too bad, Sinitrena!
Dart could have used some female company.

Nacho

I am getting closer and closer to convince Lore, Petter.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Helm

Tell her I'll steal her from you and show her true greek summer passion. I have the two goats and the butter ready to go.

Also Farl, have you spoken with Glodmnu lately?
WINTERKILL

Nacho

Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Helm

WINTERKILL

Andail

Nachos and Lore do it with nothing less than raging bulls.

PS:
And I haven't spoken to GLodmNud in ages either. I expect he's either dead or married.

magintz

Just took a browse and it looks like flights for August 19th from London will be in the region of £250 return with easyjet. Forgive me if anyone has found it cheaper, but with this, plus transport from athens and camping fee we're looking at maybe £300 just to be there. I know this is still resonably cheap it's about £150 outside my budget, so looks like I won;t be able to make it this year, again.

If we could postpone till september we could knock the price of tickets down to about £170.

EDIT - BA Heathrow to Athens £212 15th August - 22nd August

Checked out on www.opodo.co.uk

Still at these prices I can't afford to go on such short notice seeing as how I don't have a job.

I'll see everyone at Brittens though.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Goldmund

HA! YES!

Dead or married - neither still, but getting close to one of the options... (1 month left)

So, after 15th suits me best. Exactly, two days after 15th are superb.
Because, you see, on 16th we send the magazine to printing and have a somewhat lighter week.
I want to go. Male sodomy and bruised women are like ice-cream and salmon pasta in the area of my favourite phenomena.

Still, I can encounter two problems.
1 - the boss won't let me because I work for too short a period of time
2 - they won't give me 2 free weeks, just one - and after marriage it's just not fair using your only free week to meet with your favourite pals instead of going with your bride somewhere where you can shout at and beat her to give your relationship a good start.

I'm afraid I'm in the "probably" section... but will try with the whole force of my anus!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk