What do you think of this pic for my upcoming game?

Started by PsychicHeart, Tue 31/05/2005 09:53:08

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychicHeart

Hey,
i am soon starting serious work on a Sonic The Hedgehog tribute game, and i was wondering what you thought of this character pic i drew.

thanks,
blake

Edit by Flukeblake: Is this any better?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              I changed the stance around. Hopefully soon i will make him look better. I can draw him pretty well pen on paper so I might draw it on a piece of paper, take a digital photo of it and upload it.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Ishmael

Erhm... kinda wonky... the right foot's the first that that cathes my eye, you might want to correct the stance...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

PsychicHeart

trying to fix that up, but you know how in the old sonic games, after a while of idle game time, he would lie down or use a yoyo or something? That's how i want it, so that no buttons are pressed equals sonic doing that stance.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Chicky

=The=Brat=

mine was sig was like that and then Andail came and....

Babar

Mspaint is not a good tool for this.
You need to get the anatomy and pose right. You could do this by:
Learning everything about drawing anatomy
OR Painting over the actual Sonic
OR (if you don't want to copy like that), paintover a some full referrence body
OR (if you want to use only your own material), sketch the structure of the body first (eg. circle for head, square for torso), and then draw sonic over the sketch

However, I would not advise drawing free-hand without any other referrence, directly into paint. If you do, you will get results like what you got: one arm smaller than the other, hands messy, arms coming out of the head, mixed sized outlines etc.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Andail

Brat, just for your information, I haven't commented on your sig, it must have been someone else.

Flukeblake, you're too young to post here, sorry. I can't complain on your picture, because it looks pretty much like most pictures drawn by people in your age do.

Also, your sig is too large.

Sorry, I didn't set the age limit, but as a moderator, I must make sure it's followed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk