Bugs with L/R-only walking feature (FIXED)

Started by Gilbert, Thu 16/06/2005 10:10:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

Chris, actually it's related to this thread.

I'd tried doing the "only L/R loops for character trick" but it didn't work if "character turns before moving" is checked, examples are here (includes V2.62 and V2.7 testgames, created just by making a walkable empty room and deletes loop0 and loop3 of roger), just move roger around and crash.

Actually I'm not really sure if it is just some obvious or not-so-obvious problem (since it seems that no one was complaining since this is added, unless no one was actually doing it).

What I am thinking is, though it sounds meaningless to have that option on while you only use 2 loops for a character, it's not good in the sense that you may want to make a game with some characters have 4-way loops while some of the others have 2 loops, and you want those having 4 loops to turn before moving.

ilSilente

Actually I was referring to another bug that occurs in EDITOR, not in the run-time engine.
It's a subtle bug, try this:

- Start using a 4-loops view as normal view for your character.
- Now delete the first (down) and last (up) loop from the view.
- For loop 0, check the "Run the next loop after this etc etc" option
- In the left tree, click "Characters"... here it is the error...
- Now, uncheck the "Run the next loop after this etc etc" option and go in "Characters"... the error again :(

How I solved:
- Uncheck the "Run the next loop" option
- Go to character and use another view as normal view for the character
- Switch the view to the previous one, now it works.

Pumaman

Thanks for the bug reports, I'll look into them.

Edit by strazer:

AGS v2.71 Beta 2:
  * Fixed engine error if Turn Before Walking was enabled and a character only had left/right loops.
  * Fixed editor crash on Characters pane if the character's normal view had no frames in loop 0.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk