Pepe's Little Adventure

Started by alimpo83, Tue 28/06/2005 01:24:19

Previous topic - Next topic

alimpo83

I'm a newbie on working with AGS, and I made this little game in 3 days(i downloaded AGS the same day!). It has a lot of bugs but it's still playable and hopefully will be fun.

Any questions, comments or suggestions welcomed. Questions on walkthroughs here too.

Pepe's Little Adventure

Lead Pepe on his quest and meet odd characters like Joe the Elephant, Jean the Coffee importer and Kandelf, the wizard.

Enjoy! ;D

P.S: I'm portuguese, you can post in portuguese. Or english or spanish.If BADLY needed, in french too.Ã,  ::)

DOWNLOAD LINK - http://www.freewebtown.com/alimpo83/files/pla.zip
LIMPO ARTS

Candle

Nice little game , you left a save game in it ,  looking at one of the items gave me an error
think it was the cup.
---------------------------
Adventure Game Studio
An error has occured. Please contact the game author for support, as this
is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 2.70.864)

Error: DisplayMessage: Invalid message number to display

OK   

Gilbert

Comments after playing for a few minutes:
1. Graphics are very nice (amazed at how you can archieve within 3 days)
2. The character walks VERY slowly (duh!)
3. There's no "look" description for 99% of the hotspots/items/objects/characters/whatever, so most of the time I don't know what I'm doing.

For a first time game it's very good in shape already, if only you can walk faster to play it in a less-annoying pace... :=

Candle

Time to upgrade that 166 IBM Gilbot V7000a ..

lol J/K 

Gilbert

Hehe but I'm running it with a 2.6GHz IBM. ;)

Candle

And here I sit with a small 900 Celeron ..

alimpo83

Thanks for the comments. As for the graphics, I didn't put that much effort in them, but it's not that hard for me to draw with the mouse, because in the real life I draw cartoons, comics and paint as a hobby. That gives some background and it's easier to draw in the pc when actually knowing how to draw in real life. For the characters, I used GIMP, for the backgrounds good old Paint. I didn't took to long to draw the backgrounds because I didn't wanted to "waste" too much time on my first attempt. I wanted to try some of the functions of the engine first, so I gave them that kind of DOTTy look, but without any effects whatsoever, that I could have done in GIMP.

Spoiler

Better to post a walkthrough, or at least some tips.

Talk to Joe the Elephant. He can't go to the toilet. Better to give him something to drink to help him do it. You'll need his droppingsÃ,  ;D

From Jean the Coffee Importer you'll get coffee beans. You'll need them for Kandelf to make the final spell.

From Kandelf you'll get instructions on how to make the spell : a creature from the land (look in the caves), a plant from another one (well, the coffee beans) and some animal droppings(Joe's).

In the Kandelf scenario look to the right. You'll find a strange flower. Pick it up.

The ingredients for the Awful Drink you'll give to Joe are in the garbage containers, right before the town entry. Combine them in the right order, and you'll get a mix. But it's not well shaken, you'll need some kind of Shaker( the cup + something else, found in the town entrance, Jean scenario).

After having all ingredients for the spell, you'll need to combine them in the right order. First the droppings, them the coffee beans, then the animal from the land (a very tiny one)Ã,  ::)

Hope this helps.
[close]

In the future, I'm planning on actually drawing the backgrounds and characters in paper, then scan them to my PC.

Please feel free to post(Yeah, Pepe could walk faster, I run my game on a AMD Athlon 1600)
LIMPO ARTS

Gilbert

Actually I completed the game already, nice little game.

One helpful hint, you can actually hide the walkthrough by enclosing it with:
[ hide ] and [ /hide ] (without the spaces of course)
to avoid spoiling the fun for some of the people. :)

peter

I can't go  anywhere .
where are the Jean the Coffee Importer ?
and Kandelf

can only talk to Joe the Elephant and go right.
found stuff in the trashcan, walk on the bridge but ???

alimpo83

Quote from: peter on Wed 29/06/2005 15:23:54
I can't goÃ,  anywhere .
where are the Jean the Coffee Importer ?
and Kandelf

can only talk to Joe the Elephant and go right.
found stuff in the trashcan, walk on the bridge but ???

Well, in the bridge, if you click near the end of it you should go to the Jean's scenario. Sometimes, due to the small region size, Pepe will stop near it. Click it till you go to the other scenario.
LIMPO ARTS

lakerz

I tried to download this game but the website is out of bandwidth for now.  :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk