Looking for team to remake/update "Loom"

Started by LilBlueSmurf, Sun 10/07/2005 04:48:25

Previous topic - Next topic

LilBlueSmurf

I am looking for a team to help me remake/add to the classic game "Loom".Ã,  I can do a lot of the tedious stuff, art, limited scripting (I am very new to ags) and more general stuff.Ã,  I would love to have someone that is experienced with scripting, and music (possibly voice too).Ã,  It would be cool if you've played the game before, but it is probably not required.Ã,  If there is a "development group" out there, like the ones working on kings quest and quest for glory, that is interested I am more than happy to join an existing team and would even help on other projects in return.

I know you are supposed to have the game started and post pics of it, but seeing as I will mainly be an artist (and I want to make sure this will happen before I do a ton of art), I will just put up a few pics you can judge my skills on.

Done for a "MUD" website Legends of Karinth:

Oh, and I would like to do this in 640 instead of 320.Ã,  I haven't seen any games in 640 yet, so that may not really be an option, may run to slow or something.Ã,  Anyways, please respond if you would like to join, or have me join a team, and list what you would like to contribute.Ã,  I am currently replaying the game, and working on things to add and possibly change.

Etcher Squared Games

Hmmm...

Welcome to the board and AGS.  I hope all goes well for you.
Cool pics.

But let me introduce you to my friend Darth....
email: etcher2games@yahoo.com
forum: http://www.etcher2games.com/forums

Anyone want to make my website for free?

Kinoko

You know, it's almost funny to see these things as they begin.

Ahh, smurfy ^_^ It's nice art but your post is gonna be locked. You have to read the rules before posting. This forum is for announcing games you've started, not looking for a team.

Alun

As Worm has implied and Kinoko has said, a moderator's sure to lock this thread pretty soon, since it's in rather blatant violation of the Forum Rules, but in the meantime I guess it might interest you to know where a post like this would be appropriate, so you can repost in the right place.  That would be in the ACR - need help with a game thread in the Adventure-Related Talk and Chat forum.  (The rules of that thread do specify that "If you can provide a detailed synopsis with screenshots or prelimnary sketches, feel free to start a new thread asking for help"...but you don't seem to have screenshots or preliminary sketches of this project (I don't think sample artwork from other projects you've worked on counts), so I don't think that applies...and anyway, even if it did, that new thread should be in the Adventure-related talk and chat forum, not here.)

That being said, good luck with your project, and I hope you do find some people to help you with it.  A Loom remake sounds like an interesting idea, and I'd like to see it happen.  (I have a copy of Loom myself--got it as part of a LucasArts Classic Adventures set when LucasArts was still selling that--but haven't actually gotten around to playing it yet...)

Soup - The Comic Strip
http://www.soupcomic.com
Gods, heroes, monsters, and soup

Darth Mandarb

Don't remake LOOM ... it is perfect as it is and doesn't (in my opinion) require a remake.

I would suggest a sequel/prequel instead.

I would also suggest reading the FORUM RULES

If you're serious about doing this, then post in the ACR thread first, begin production, wait until you have made serious progress on the game, THEN post in here (after reading the rules of course :))

Welcome to AGS.

Here is a lock :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk