Bill Haley And The Comets - Rock Around The Clock

:=

Man, that song is just so great!

-Eigen

BorisZ

I am going with:

Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix

Evil

There are hundreds of types of rock, with millions of songs for each. This thread is pretty pointless in my opinion. It's basicly a "post your favorite song and bash other peoples music!" thread.

Hamelkart

That's exactly what this thread is not supposed to be. Why did you have mention that anyway?  ???

Vel

Deep Purple - Child in Time
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
Uriah heep - July Morning
Dire Straits - Tunnel of Love
Styx - Come Sail Away
Aerosmith - Crazy
Eagles - Hotel California
Queen - Innuendo, Bohemian Rhapsody, Bijou, The show must go on

Rincewind

Ahem.
MC5 - "Kick out the Jams", obviously.

But I'd rather not choose at all, really... There are too many good rock songs out there in as Evil pointed out, too many different styles subgenres.

=The=Brat=

Paper Carnival

I can't really choose one rock song. My favourite songs / bands change every day. Right now it's probably Where Moth And Rust Destroy by Tourniquet (even though that's not really rock, it's thrash metal). I expect this to change in a week the most

Darth Mandarb

Blink 182 rules!  Anything by them would just have to be the best rock song.  Or Sum 41.

Adamski

Silly Darth, it's clearly Avril Lavigne - Sk8er B0i

jetxl

Leave it to the moderators to let a serious discussion turn silly.

Phemar

There are no words to describe the awesomeness of this song: Sad Exchange - Finger Eleven

Potch

Picking the greatest rock song of all time is like.... picking the greenest blade of grass!!! Ã, I mean, like others mentioned... there are so many genres of rock music, which has been shown by many of the choices on here.... we go from things like classic Zepplin, to be bop style like Crocodile Rock, to pop rock with Blink 182.... I suppose you would first have to define rock. Ã, Do you define rock by the people who are doing it now? Ã, Or do you define rock by who is thought to be the creator of rock... Chuck Berry. Ã, Rock has spanned decades and has changed so much over the years, that for me it is virtually impossible to pick the best.

That being said, I'm very surprised that Pink Floyd has not been mentioned in this thread! Ã, Anyway, here are some of my favorites. Ã, Now, some of these my not be the best songs of all time, just ones that I love.

Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
Mr. Brownstone - Guns n Roses
Shook me all night long - acdc
Paradise by the Dashboard Lights - Meatloaf
If I close my eyes forever - Ozzy and Lita Ford
Ironic - Alanis
Bon Jovi - It's my Life
Bad Moon Rising - CCR
Old Time Rock and Roll - Bob Seger

I could go on forever. Ã, But you see what I mean... all of these are considered rock, but they are all so different. Ã, 

And hey... cut Avril some slack. Ã, Yeah, Sk8er Boi was weak, but you have to admit that the girl's got some talent. Ã, She actually writes some pretty powerful stuff. Ã, I think that she has the potential to be a lot more than a teeny bopper pop singer.
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Damien

QuoteBest ROCK song ever!
There is no such thing. Like Potch said, there are too many great rock bands and even more great songs.

But a rock song I'm stuck on at the moment:

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: jetxl on Wed 29/06/2005 15:23:25Leave it to the moderators to let a serious discussion turn silly.

Serious Discussion?  I think it's a pointless post (no offense) and hardly serious.

As a few have pointed out, there's WAY too much rock to accurately judge which is the best.

Ask 50 different people you'll get 50 different answers.

Youngsters of today probably think bands like Blink 182 are rockers ... when older folk like myself consider them cut'n'paste drivel spooging hacked up wannabes.

Perhaps next we can have a serious discussion about which color truely is the best?!?!  ;)

Potch

I don't think the discussion is pointless.  Although it's impossible to discern the best rock song, it's still fun to talk about our favorites!
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

shbaz

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Wed 29/06/2005 13:08:55
Blink 182 rules!  Anything by them would just have to be the best rock song.  Or Sum 41.
Quote from: Dark Stalkey on Wed 29/06/2005 15:14:03
Silly Darth, it's clearly Avril Lavigne - Sk8er B0i

Ironically, Avril Lavigne and the lead singer of Sum 41 are getting married. It was just announced.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Hamelkart

I just listened "Money for Nothing" album all over again and I' would agree with Vel that Tunnel of Love is also among best rock-songs. I almost went nuts because of the joy I experienced listening to final solo.

Blackthorne

Okay, fine "Dogs" by Pink Floyd.

IN FACT, the entire "Animals" album.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk