Best ROCK song ever!

Started by Hamelkart, Tue 28/06/2005 23:40:20

Previous topic - Next topic

xenogia

Pictures at an Exhibition - Emerson, Lake and Palmer ... lol

Petra

Quote from: ManicMatt on Tue 28/02/2006 23:09:15

PARADISE LOST!!! (And a then slightly pudgy faced Matt)

Yes Paradise Lost,

I've been at the gig in Cologne and it impressed me so much!!

Did not have the money with me to buy the T-Shirts, but I ordered them at ebay ;D

Now I have 3

Petra

But...

The next concert was Runrig..
Also in Cologne.

You should not go there alone, the tears will start to roll ;D

Raally other kind of music, but also worth a try...

ManicMatt

*hijacks the thread*

What's your fave paradise lost album? And what did you think of their last album, the self titled one?

My fave album would be "Symbol of life"

That's the right title name right? Well you know which one I mean surely..

Petra

Sure, i now what you are talking about!!!!

And my favourite album is the same as yours!! ;D

And i especially like all the balldas....

However, i have headbanged a lot during the gig...

Helm

ballads? symbol of life? ugh

In my opinion, Paradise Lost were excellent in the Lost Paradise LP. The Frozen Illusion demo was good too.
WINTERKILL

ManicMatt

What ballads, anyway?

Helm, have you heard this album symbol of life? It's got some great riffs in it and full of energy!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=30660723

Here is a link for anyone who wants to hear them.

Helm

Yes, yes sadly I've heart to all the material Lost have put out so far. Which is why I stand by what I sad that only the first album is actually awesome. Gothic is ok, not terrible, has a few good tracks, and from then and onwards... ugh
WINTERKILL

ManicMatt

That's okay then. Your entitled to your opinion!

*Listens to Mclusky*

Petra

Quote from: Helm on Sat 04/03/2006 11:24:18
Yes, yes sadly I've heart to all the material Lost have put out so far. Which is why I stand by what I sad that only the first album is actually awesome. Gothic is ok, not terrible, has a few good tracks, and from then and onwards... ugh

So...this is your opinion..

Mine is contrary to yours.

I did not like the first album with all the Gothic songs, but Paradise Lost were getting better and better with the  time..

And "Ballads"...ok,,I meant the melodic titles....

Helm

Actually nothing they ever did would classify as gothic rock... they just named their second album 'Gothic'. Paradise Lost were one of the first romantic doom, or doom/death bands around, followed closely by early Anathema and early My Dying Bride.

Lost went from this style to a generic mid-tempo atmospheric metal deal up to Icon, and from there to Draconian Times they streamlined even more, eventually losing the guitars for 'Host' which was in my opinion a fine album, one of their better, and then after facing fan backlash for not being 'metal' anymore, they returned to using heavy guitars on these awful Believe in Nothing and Symbol of Life albums. I haven't heard the newest, 'Paradise Lost' yet, but I don't think I'm missing out on anything...
WINTERKILL

ManicMatt

Yer what? Didn't all the press claim Paradise Lost as the founders of goth metal? (Or at least the first to get press attention anyway) Yeah I thought they were more doom back then too though.

"Host" funnily enough was the first paradise lost album I got, being a fan of electronic music. My older brother on the other hand has been into them forever.

Believe in nothing was a very average album, and my bro doesn't like it except one or two songs, but "Symbol of life" is great! Their latest ditched all the synths and in some songs it's (so im told) their heaviest music ever. (I aint got the older material)

xenogia

I'll just go listen to Future Breed Machine by Meshuggah, ruthless Swedish Viking music :P

Petra

Quote from: Xenogia on Mon 06/03/2006 00:36:40
I'll just go listen to Future Breed Machine by Meshuggah, ruthless Swedish Viking music :P

What are you talking about?
I must have missed something!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please more information!!!!!!

Helm

Meshuggah are a post-thrash metal industrial-tinged band from Sweden. They're universally considered unique and a very able "musician's musician" kind of band. I prefer their older material, specifically None and Contradictions Collapse, while a lot of people prefer later material like Chaosphere or Nothing. If you like a degree of musical variation, go with the former stuff, if you like very mechanical repetition of the same riff while the drummer does interesting polyrhythms underneath, go with the latter.
WINTERKILL

Petra

Quote from: Helm on Tue 07/03/2006 05:52:33
Meshuggah are a post-thrash metal industrial-tinged band from Sweden. They're universally considered unique and a very able "musician's musician" kind of band. I prefer their older material, specifically None and Contradictions Collapse, while a lot of people prefer later material like Chaosphere or Nothing. If you like a degree of musical variation, go with the former stuff, if you like very mechanical repetition of the same riff while the drummer does interesting polyrhythms underneath, go with the latter.

Thanks Helm for the information!

I'm going to give it a try!

Petra

Hi Helm.

I've been to the CD store today, but no CD of
Meshuggah available:-(

Instead i have bougth "Birds of Pray" of Live....

And this is worth a try!!!

My recommendation!!

Petra

And...

once again

I'm looking forward to the Staind Gig in April...

I'm sure this will be great.... ;D

Helm

If you listen to Staind and Live, I doubt Meshuggah will be of much interest to you.
WINTERKILL

biothlebop

I liked the Destroy Erase Improve stuff best, especially Inside what's within behind. Their live show is good also (I think I saw them this summer, could have been the previous though).
Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk