Best ROCK song ever!

Started by Hamelkart, Tue 28/06/2005 23:40:20

Previous topic - Next topic

ManicMatt

What?? How did I miss that???

Wait a minute.. how come the official Mew site doesn't mention them?

*Researches a bit more*

Woah! I'll be darned! There ARE two older albums! Why have Mew kept this quiet? Very strange.

EDIT: And do you have any idea of where I could get them imported from?

Hammerite

if i want to know what albums a band's released i ALWAYS use wikipedia. i usually find it more useful than band's official site (namely radiohead.com, which i visit frequently since the dead air space addition)
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Petra

Huuu???

I never wanted to join this forum again..., but now I must ;D

The discussion about Mew is taking place...

I can recommend the gig in Cologne / Germany on May 1st!!!

I will be there!!!

xenogia

How about Porcupine Tree, the whole In Absentia album is great.  Awesome drumming by Gavin Harrison too.  I especially love the track "Sound of Muzak" :P

PsychicHeart

Aerials by System Of A down. If you classify that as rock.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Helm

I do, but I also classify you as a person who hasn't listened to too much music in his young life.
WINTERKILL

Quote from: Xenogia on Fri 31/03/2006 09:07:54
How about Porcupine Tree, the whole In Absentia album is great.Ã,  Awesome drumming by Gavin Harrison too.Ã,  I especially love the track "Sound of Muzak" :P

Yeah!!
Have you seen those guys live? I did last year. It was amazing ;D

ManicMatt

Quote from: Helm on Sat 01/04/2006 19:12:50
I do, but I also classify you as a person who hasn't listened to too much music in his young life.

Because there are better songs out there than "Aerials"? That's songs okay I suppose..

I like the album it's off, but the last two SOAD albums had too many silly squeaky vocals in it for my liking. (IE the guy that was formally just backing vocals and bass/guitar/whatever.)

Paper Carnival

System of a Down are not that bad musically, I used to be a huge fan... Not anymore though. The fact that they're big hypocrites is one of the reasons I stopped listening to them, they keep preaching about the System but it's the System that made them rich :=. I think Chop Suey and Spiders are their best songs.

There's tons of better music out there. The band that got my attention off Soad was Disciple - their new stuff is awful, the older stuff rules. I doubt anyone here knows about that band though. Does anyone here know it?

Petra

Hi there ...

So...nobody ever answered my opinion about Axel Rudi Pell...

Nerver ever heard such an artist on the guitars!

Petra

So for everyone who would like to know what I'm talking about, lol.....

This is the page:

http://www.axel-rudi-pell.de/

Have fun and enjoy!!

PsychicHeart

oh excellent, now this community has found something else to make me the butt of all jokes-apparently i haven't listened to much music in my "young" life. Hey, what about the fact that i can't play soccer well, or perhaps you can all laugh about my blonde hair. GOD, why must I be the one? How come we all don't pick on, just completely out of random, Andail, or Nikolas, or yodaman11111?
What have i done during my time on this forum that was so wrong??
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

xenogia

Quote from: guest on Sat 01/04/2006 19:29:20
Quote from: Xenogia on Fri 31/03/2006 09:07:54
How about Porcupine Tree, the whole In Absentia album is great.  Awesome drumming by Gavin Harrison too.  I especially love the track "Sound of Muzak" :P

Yeah!!
Have you seen those guys live? I did last year. It was amazing ;D

I do have a live concert on a divx file, they have never been to Australia I think so no I haven't.  I really wish they did come her.

Paper Carnival

Quote from: Flukeblake on Sun 02/04/2006 01:51:09
oh excellent, now this community has found something else to make me the butt of all jokes-apparently i haven't listened to much music in my "young" life. Hey, what about the fact that i can't play soccer well, or perhaps you can all laugh about my blonde hair. GOD, why must I be the one? How come we all don't pick on, just completely out of random, Andail, or Nikolas, or yodaman11111?
What have i done during my time on this forum that was so wrong??

Nothing, Helm has a habit at talking bad about music other people listen to :P. You are not the first person who gets a comment similar to that. And by the way, there was a thread about System of a Down a while ago, so you're not the only person on the board who listens to them anyway. So please ignore that comment...

ManicMatt

Quote from: Flukeblake on Sun 02/04/2006 01:51:09
Hey, what about the fact that i can't play soccer well, or perhaps you can all laugh about my blonde hair. GOD, why must I be the one?

HAHA!! YOU CAN'T PLAY SOCCER! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh wait, neither can I.

Seriously though, I respect you for liking SOAD!

Helm

hah, well fluke, write a livejournal entry about how nobody understands you or something

Guybrush, do you listen to anything that isn't christian? xDisciplex for christ's sake? I didn't think we had many greek christian metalheads. Next you'll tell me you listen to Vomitorial Corpulence or something. At least listen to Discipline offshot band Shockwave. They sing about transformers.
WINTERKILL

Paper Carnival

Not xDisciplex, that's a different band and I think it got renamed to something new now. I was talking about Disciple, without the "x". I don't listen to them frequently anymore, they're hard rock but their new stuff sounds commercial rock and lost that special vibe they had.

And I do listen to not christian stuff. I don't listen to straight satanic stuff, but I'm totall fine with not christian stuff - I even had arguments with "secular music is bad for you" kind of people. The reason I know more christian bands is that my main people source of music information are christian.

I have Nightwish and Epica but I think I'm over that kind of music. I also have Iced Earth, Pantera, some older stuff (Deep Purple, Scorpions, etc) and a few more. Also, have Blind Guardian, their album Nightfall in Middle Earth is my favourite album I've ever heard but I don't like their other stuff much.

I heard Vomitorial Corpulence before and I have to say that my farts sound better than them.

ManicMatt

Quote from: Guybrush Peepwood on Sun 02/04/2006 16:07:19
I heard Vomitorial Corpulence before and I have to say that my farts sound better than them.

You have such musical farts that it's already been sampled and put into a song released by McFly.

Hmmm do i listen to any christian bands I wonder? Lets see.. ah yes P.O.D. Payable on death I think. Yes.. I like about half of that album of theirs that I have. Satelliete.

I guess maybe Dark Star may be christian. They did a song that goes "Jesus was my age, when he got nailed..." um there you go!

But Jesus Jones aint a christian rock band, despite their name.

Oliver

The White Stripes - Ball and Biscuit
You got it!

Coming Soon!

Hammerite

anything on the siamese dream album by the smashing pumpkins, that's one good album.
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk