Petra

Domino...
anyone  should try, lol

And I am the proud winner, as I will never answer again ;D

And do you mean Osborne???
I must admit I never heard anything by Ozzy >:(

Is there a link  you can give me??

ManicMatt

You're a member! I never thought I'd see the day!

And it's his name. Ozzy Osbourne. The guy from Black Sabbath, now a solo artist. And his bassist has a sort of band now that I do like, that's called by his nickname, GZR, and the album is nice.

Give yourself a picture now!

Yeah I know you're a girl, man!

I wasn't calling you a man, and neither was I calling you Jesus Christ.  :)

veryweirdguy

Best Ozzy Osbourne?

Get the first four or so Black Sabbath albums. Any early Sabbath really. It all went downhill after that.

dasjoe

i was stuck on some pages before this, ignore le moi.
... it's quite easy being the best.

Petra

@ManicMatt

You should never say "never"..now I'm a proud member ;D

And while searching through my CD rack for Black Sabbath ( what a shame, I only got the "Best of" Album, which is amazing..though)

I found some other bands beginning with "B" )have sorted them according to the beginning letter, lol)

So here goes:

Unholy by Brainstorm
Times and Unknown Waters by Blazing Eternity

or something to relax
Digital Ash in a digital Urn by Bright Eyes

So now you may all kill me... 8)

Or C-Z to follow ;D

ManicMatt

Haha, that's why my record collection is already sorted A-Z! So I can find what I'm looking for!

I shall spare you all a list of my albums owned starting with a b, as that would be a list of 28 albums. Wait, 29 albums, I forgot to count Bjork's greatest hits that is in my "small digipaks" selection.

I bet I'd like that Bright eyes album myself.

And I don't own any Black Sabbath, and I'm not ashamed to say it!

Petra

What do you like to hear by BjörK?

Telegram? Medulla?..Anything else?? :o

Have them here under "B" lol

Petra

Hi all together...

as it seems as if I have chased away all people here.....(which was not my intention!!!!)

Perhaps some may like the new album by Reamonn...????!!!! "Wish"
Looking forward to the live gig in October:-))

Even though I'm still listening to "History for Sale" by Blue October....sorry..this is my favourite band at the moment ;D

But would be glad to receive any new recommendations!!!
Even Metal would be nice....
(the Arockalypse by Lordi is awesome as well 8)

Greetings to all

TheCheese33

Franz Ferdinand's "Take Me Out".

Sum 41's "Fat Lip".

And any other song on Guitar Hero game. Except for "I Love Rock and Roll" and that other girl song.

"Bark at the Moon" is king.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

Petra

So...and now it's me again :o

Just booked a ticket for the forthcoming gig of Lordi ;D

They are really coming to Cologne/ Germany...

And I can't wait for it....

And@cheese33..
You must be an expert...Franz Ferdinand is good ;D
Really good griffs..although the vocals are a little ..humph...to be changed a bit....
But that's just me...prefer  those "dirty voices" ..lol

Hammerite

Quote from: Petra on Thu 29/06/2006 20:24:44
Just booked a ticket for the forthcoming gig of Lordi ;D
ok, this person should be banned.

Spoiler
only joking but seriously, LORDI SUCK!!  ;)
[close]
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Pet Terry

Petra, be prepared for an amazing show. I saw them recently and it was great.

Best rock songs, eh? What an unfair question. Stay Hungry, The Price, God of Thunder, Poison, He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask), Mr. Killjoy, Pet the Destroyer, Rock the Hell Outta You, Airbag, Electioneering, Otherside, Can't Stop... all by various artists, and the list could go on and on and on and...
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Petra

Hammerite...I'm not afraid of the gig....will tell you if they suck...but I do not believe so..
Beliieve in Petteri ;D..and have the "Arockalypse" here...
This music cannot suck!!
And also in Petteries list....there are so many good songs.....

insanity prophecy

Quote from: ManicMatt on Sun 04/06/2006 23:25:49
Haha, that's why my record collection is already sorted A-Z! So I can find what I'm looking for!

I shall spare you all a list of my albums owned starting with a b, as that would be a list of 28 albums. Wait, 29 albums, I forgot to count Bjork's greatest hits that is in my "small digipaks" selection.

I bet I'd like that Bright eyes album myself.

And I don't own any Black Sabbath, and I'm not ashamed to say it!

Record collection? Pffft.

I use my mp3 player for everything. Hmmm, favourite rock song...

The White Stripes and Wolfmother are pretty good yet very over-hyped

Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age are favourites.

insanity prophecy

Haha, someone paying money for a Lordi gig.

What is the world coming to?

You must be kidding.

Pet Terry

Oh sorry. We forgot that you have the ultimate taste in music and everyone else's taste sucks. Sorry again, this won't happen in the future.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

insanity prophecy

Quote from: Petteri on Fri 30/06/2006 10:15:54
Oh sorry. We forgot that you have the ultimate taste in music and everyone else's taste sucks. Sorry again, this won't happen in the future.

Well, I'm sorry you got offended at something that petty. Not meaning to offend anyone, but I'm wondering how you could take a band seriously who think they're monsters and are hardly even metal.

Do you think they won Eurovision because they had great musical talent? No, it was the novelty of them. They were entertaining. Now, I'm not meaning to start a fight here or make enemies, I didn't think you would get offended at a light-hearted comment like that, but obviously you did.

Pet Terry

Nah, I'm just tired of hearing that. Because, you know, you're not the only one to say something like that.

Your comment "and are hardly even metal" makes me giggle. Because they dress up as monsters, they have to play (death) metal? They play melodic hard rock as their idols do, Alice Cooper, KISS, Twisted Sister, W.A.S.P... They all had huge shows and masks, but would you classify their music as metal? I wouldn't.

And what if they won the Eurovision compo because of the novelty of them? It's just an Eurovision song contest, nothing more. There are still thousands of fans out there who enjoy the music as well. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered to sing along to all of their songs at their gig. I wouldn't listen or buy their albums if I didn't like their music. The characters just add to the the whole thing. Personally I think that when I go see a band, I also want to see something else than just a band playing there on the stage in jeans and t-shirt. All the gimmicks, were they monster suits or whatever, make the whole experience much more interesting for me. But maybe that just me.

This is going way off-topic now. If you wish to discuss this any further, PM me instead of posting here.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I don't hate people who don't like same things as me. I understand that people have different tastes and I'm fine with that. It just beats me why some people make so damn big thing about stuff they dislike.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Petra

Have to agree with Petteri..

Lordi play melodic hard rock, otherwise I would not like them.
Forget about about the monster masks..they are just a part of the show which some people might need...but ok..not necessary ...

But for me onlyÃ,  the music counts...and Lordi are performing well ;D
And they were the only one who made me turn out the music much louder during the Contest....( have been on my sofa and only listened to the music with my eyes closed...so without getting influenced by some dancers or some show!!!  As this was a SONG Contest and not a strip show!!!)

And I also accept all other opinions..good that the music tastes are that different...
However...never play Modern Talking...lol

But I have watched "In Flames" last weekend on TV and promptly ordered the "Reroute to Remain"-album ;D
This is something I never heard.... Awesome!! Metal at it's best :o

Cluey

That's strange, this seems like a thread I'd dive on.

Anyway, best rock song ever would probs be Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen if you asked a member of the general public.

BUT

To me the best rock song ever is Bob Dylan - Hurricane, only cos its a big "fuck you" to the racist attitudes of America.  By making the story of Rubin Carter's sentencing seem ridiculous, it popularised the notion that it was unjust.

Best punk song ever is Holiday in Cambodia or Rock the Casbah.  Take your pick.
Aramore
My webcomic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk