Best ROCK song ever!

Started by Hamelkart, Tue 28/06/2005 23:40:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Petra

So to all friends of Celtic rock ???

We have a real good band here in Germany...look here: http://www.gardenofdelight.de/cd.htm

(Pssssttttt, this is another insider hint, lol)

Smigler

Graham's law:

The average speed of an atomic particle is inversely proportional to the squared root of its mass.

Cookieswithmilk

Always a fan of Hot for the Teacher by Van Halen... But then again, I don't listen to music almost at all...

Dan_N

Uhm... yeah.
Hello.
I just saw this topic and I just had to reply!

I believe the greatest rock song of all time is a classic (70s) when rock was just blooming all over the world, yeah, it's LED ZEPPELIN's STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN.

Come on, this IS the greatest ever (and VH1 will agree).
Challenge me if you dare!

Kharn

I Beg to Differ. In a Rock song you are generally looking for some balls out riff and a baddass solo. you say to yourself thats f*****g rockin'. rock bands do have thier "Ballads" but if i wanted to let someone hear "THE GREATEST ROCK SONG OF ALL TIME", it wouldnt be "stairway..."

What about "T.N.T" and "If you want blood, you got it!" by AC/DC

Mine is "Fairies Wear Boots boots" or "Tommorows dream" by Sabbath

Dan_N

Ok...

That's your opinion and it's valid.

But I think you're looking for "The best hard rock kick arse with blood and gore and nasty long hard solos" topic...

ManicMatt

Quote from: Dan_N_GameZ on Wed 02/08/2006 10:51:40

VH1 huh? Yes I do so value their opinion so much.

Hehe I'm not saying bad about the song though..

Hammerite

i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Pet Terry

This post was automatically edited for txt-style spelling
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Hammerite

Pet Terry

Grow up or die already.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Hammerite

Ok, shall I make a mature post like yours then?

This post was automatically edited for txt-style spelling

wow, i feel the maturity flowing through me like blood through my veins!!
its like a buddha-like sense of enlightenment that I'm feeling.
Thank you for helping me experience this!!

Pet Terry

You're welcome.

But you still haven't grown up or died, so I'm not satisfied.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Hammerite

MarkPhantom

LORDI - HARD ROCK HALLELUJAH!!!!

Well, okay, not quite the greatest - but it is good fun :D

'Hallow's End: Everyone goes there eventually'  http://www.freewebs.com/codpiecestudios

veryweirdguy

Quote from: Dan_N_GameZ on Wed 02/08/2006 10:51:40
I believe the greatest rock song of all time is a classic (70s) when rock was just blooming all over the world, yeah, it's LED ZEPPELIN's STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN.

Challenge me if you dare!

Okay.

Stairway To Heaven is one of THEEEEEE most overrated songs of all time.

Now I'm a huge Zeppelin fan, I even like this song a great deal, but they have had so many songs that are so much better.

People say IV is the best, I'd say II is the best, closely followed by I & Physical Graffitti.

I'd even go as far to say there are songs on IV that are better than Stairway (the first three, for example).

Stairway To Heaven has this legendary status, and I can't really see why. It's up there with Bohemian Rhapsody & Imagine.

As for my favourite song? Well, that's a little too difficult for me to say, I like different music when I'm in different moods. One day I'll be in the mood to listen to "Six Shooter" by Mondo Generator or "The Way Of The Men Of The Stuff" by The Eighties Matchbox B-line Disaster, the next I may prefer to listen to "Aurora" by the Foo Fighters or "Castles Made Of Sand" by Jimi Hendrix. I have a biiiiiig music collection. >_<

stobbart

Final countdown - Europe

Petra

Have to agree with MarkPhantom ;D

I saw LORDI's gig yesterday in Cologne and I'm impressed ;D
Have already watched many concerts but this one was one of the best I have ever seen.
Really great Rock!

And even the supporting band "The Dogma" was really good with their power metal :)

So it was an evening I will remember for a long time.....

Edit: Next gig booked...HammerFall ;D

FSi++

Hmm, as for "rock"...
Why not Blood Duster? SixSixSixteen is teh greatest... Rock song. Actually it's more like grind'n'roll, but still nice and groovy and stuff. The lyrics maybe not the greatest ones (it's crap, believe me) - but as almost any rock song's lyrics...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk