Best ROCK song ever!

Started by Hamelkart, Tue 28/06/2005 23:40:20

Previous topic - Next topic

viktor

Quote from: Dan_N_GameZ on Wed 02/08/2006 10:51:40
Uhm... yeah.
Hello.
I just saw this topic and I just had to reply!

I believe the greatest rock song of all time is a classic (70s) when rock was just blooming all over the world, yeah, it's LED ZEPPELIN's STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN.

Come on, this IS the greatest ever (and VH1 will agree).
Challenge me if you dare!

I'll challange you. I dare  ;D I think Queen is still better than Led zeppelin. honestly I never understood why stairway to heaven would ever be anything special. Or even queens bohemian rhapsody for that matter. Both bands made tons of better songs in my opinion. But I gues that's just me.

BEST 3 ROCK SONGS EVER

queen- One Vision (definetly the very best rocking song ever. It just screams pure rock :D)
gun's and roses- november rain
jerry c- guitar cannon in D

Quote from: Kharn on Wed 02/08/2006 17:18:57
I Beg to Differ. In a Rock song you are generally looking for some balls out riff and a baddass solo. you say to yourself thats f*****g rockin'. rock bands do have thier "Ballads" but if i wanted to let someone hear "THE GREATEST ROCK SONG OF ALL TIME", it wouldnt be "stairway..."

What about "T.N.T" and "If you want blood, you got it!" by AC/DC

Mine is "Fairies Wear Boots boots" or "Tommorows dream" by Sabbath

I gues that could be true. But rock is more then just mindles banging on a guitar. There's even more to rock then just a guitar...
But I do see youre point

Okay.

Stairway To Heaven is one of THEEEEEE most overrated songs of all time.

Now I'm a huge Zeppelin fan, I even like this song a great deal, but they have had so many songs that are so much better.

that's what I'm sayin  8)
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Jdinky

Extreme - It's a monster!!  8)

Guybrush379

Bohemian Rhapsody-Queen
Best rock band ever!

Brian May is a legend
Freddie had a divine voice
Listen to all their early work!

deFineLicht

I probably think it's Pink Floyd- Comfortably Numb.
But yes, it's impossible to really say that one single song is the best.

Right now I think it's the best..maybe...

dsg_charly

To my mind, Roots from Sepultura (Under A Pale Grey Sky version is so far the best from Max Cavalera).

Jaws

Best Rock song ever?!

Ok ok ... I can do this ... Ac\Dc, no wait ... Deep Purple... Maiden? Priest? Um... Aerosmith has got a fair few
Ok Ok ... A list .... Yes, a list ... I can't supply only one answer ...
That would be sacrlidge (Thats not how you write that) (I know) (So why did you write it like that)
(I don't know the right way) (What?) (Stop talking to yourself) (Sorry)

No particular order ... I think

Man on the silver mountain (Rainbow)
Hells Bells (AC\DC)
For those about to rock (AC\DC)
Smoke on the water (duh!)
Legacy (The Gone Jackals)

+ a million other

Gadzooks this is tricky.... someone should compile a list of the 20 most mentioned songs and make a poll, so we can decide once and for all the what the greatest rock song of the community's choice is. (That was a weird sentance) (Be quiet I'm not talking to you) (.... *sulk*)
.:.I reject your reality and substitute my own.:.

Petra

For me its "Until we touch the burning sun" by Thunderstone at the moment, but it changes every day :P

But for those who are interested:
You can find it here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=aFCWfAjjCW0

dartzor

Iron Man or Paranoid - Black Sabbath  8)

Steel Drummer

Rock And Roll McDonald's- Wesley Willis :)
I'm composing the music for this game:

Steel Drummer

Quote from: Eigen on Wed 29/06/2005 08:46:30
Well, in my opinion, the best rock song ever is

Bill Haley And The Comets - Rock Around The Clock

:=

Man, that song is just so great!

-Eigen

Yeah, especially the guitar. Man, was he rockin'!
I'm composing the music for this game:

Unknown_Terror

My favourite Rock song has to be

Queens of the Stoneage - Better Living Through Chemistry

Other than that i just love every song by the band "Kyuss" Which is what QOTSA was before they became QOTSA

"To Live a Perfectly Normal Life, You Must Accept The Fact That Life Will Never Be Normal"

veryweirdguy

Not really. Josh Homme was in both for their full runs and Nick Oliveri was in Kyuss for a bit and with QOTSA for two albums. But apart from that it's a completely different lineup - Homme never even sang in Kyuss!

Unknown_Terror

Quote from: veryweirdguy on Fri 02/02/2007 14:23:02
Not really. Josh Homme was in both for their full runs and Nick Oliveri was in Kyuss for a bit and with QOTSA for two albums. But apart from that it's a completely different lineup - Homme never even sang in Kyuss!

No he didn't, but putting it simply and technically, which is what i was doing, i am not completely wrong.
"To Live a Perfectly Normal Life, You Must Accept The Fact That Life Will Never Be Normal"

nulluser

-

Hammerite

i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

nulluser

-

Dualnames

Well my favorite is Stairway to Heaven.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

InCreator

I dare to differ.
I hate rock.

ManicMatt

That's okay, I hate dance.

(Except EBM kinda stuff)

Phemar

Definitely Soul to Squeeze - Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Listen to the guitar, and Anthony's voice. Pure Magic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk