Started by Hamelkart, Tue 28/06/2005 23:40:20

Previous topic - Next topic

arjanpelle

Running with the devil - Van Halen
Cigarettes & alcohol - Oasis
Radar Love - Golden Earring
Town called malice - the Jam
Bohemian Rapsody - Queen
Moué: [To the dead Plantard] Stop that Monsieur! Stop holding your breath at once!
Rosso: Has it occurred to you that he may be dead, Moué?
Moué: Oui Monsieur. But I prefer to look on the bright side.

Invalid

holiday by green day is awesome
through the fire and flames by dragonforce is unbeatable but i dont know if that is considered rock or hard rock/metal

Cuiki

I'd pick All Along the Watchtower (Jimi Hendrix's version)
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Kaio

I'd choose Ace of Spades by Motörhead

mkennedy

"Bringing On the Heartache" - Def Leppard

Digital Mosaic Games

I would say Led Zeppelin-Stairway to heaven or Deep Purple-Child in Time. 8)

Guybrush Nosehair

I wouldn't choose one song if I had to introduce someone to rock. Rather, I'd have them listen to tracks 9 (You Never Give Me Your Money) to track 16 (The End) off of the Beatles' Abbey Road.

Dualnames

I'm agreeing with grim107. I mean there are lots of bands and lots of styles. I mean I like Beatles totally, and yet hear Def Leppard.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Calin Leafshade

The beatles arent rock.. they are pop.

Questionable

Roots Bloody Roots Sepultura/Soul Fly
American Witch - Rob Zombie
Go With The Flow - Queens of the Stone Age
Slight Return (almost ANY live version) - Jimi Hendrix
All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

Mr Jake

Bad Romance - Lady Gaga

LRH

SSH

Best of Both Worlds - Miley Cyrus  ;D

Iliya

Sad But True - Metallica'91

david

Toooooooooooooooooooooooool of course it is not a song, but a band

Dualnames

Anything from Taylor Swift!! She PWNS!!!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Guybrush Nosehair

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Wed 07/04/2010 19:21:06
The beatles arent rock.. they are pop.

Wrong. Their early stuff may have been considered pop/rock, but at least for the last two albums, they were just considered rock.

Al_Ninio

And what amazing albums they were!
Abbey Road is incredible.

Anian

Quote from: grim107 on Thu 08/04/2010 18:09:17
Wrong. Their early stuff may have been considered pop/rock, but at least for the last two albums, they were just considered rock.
Well it is rock, but rock of those times. Much of that stuff might be considered pop today...not to say that "pop" is in any way a negative thing, but it has gotten a negative conotation in the last decade (or two) cause it's been mixed up with other stuff.
Same as you might say early metal of the 60ies is now looked as rock and doesn't really have a lot to do with heavy metal today, maybe by some lyrics.
In any case, what I wanted to say is that definitions of genres change over time, so Calin is right about pop (especially the early stuff), but also grim is right about those being rock songs.

Is this going to be greatest rock song thread like -> my favourite band + song that sounds most like rock?
If that's the case then to prove my point: U2 - Bullet the blue sky
I don't want the world, I just want your half

lluizvieira

"Every breath you take - The police"   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk