Tuner City - In Production from Pegasus Games

Started by PsychicHeart, Fri 01/07/2005 06:14:05

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychicHeart

INTRODUCTION
Hello, here at Pegasus Games we are starting a new project, called Tuner City. It is a true-to-life story of the lifestyle of a garage tuner.

STORY
You play Matthew Crinderg, or Matty C, who heads to Tuniarra City, or, as the gearheads call it, Tuner City, to begin his car-modding career. He begins by tuning a few cars at the local smash repairer, but is dismissed for unproper tuning, which means using parts like neons when he shouldn't. All things look bleak until Donny Winchell, the owner of FixItUp Customs, gives you a call on your cell. He calls you over, and your life as a tuner really begins.

FEATURES

* More than 10 cars just waiting to be tuned up.
* A true-to-life story, with plot-twists and turns.
* You'll need to earn the respect of fellow tuners, or else you're back to working in a by-the-book car repair garage.
* Kooky characters including Taxi Drivers, Drug Dealers and "Gangstas".
* Plenty of different garages for you to try out your luck at.
* Enter Competitions to win cash, parts and most importantly, respect.
* Music by Cameron Urquhart, Jamie Valente and more.
* Plenty of different customisation effects, including Paintjobs, Rims, Decals and performance changes like Weight Reduction Kits and Nitrous Oxide.

SCREENSHOTS

The main menu of the game, with tabs like Start New Game and Options.

The games plot is told in form of conversation, mostly.

The first ever car you get to tune, already tuned up, the Sultan S7.

The Bison 03' Green Version.

Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Ubel

Hey, this actually sounds pretty interesting. And that graphic style is... umm, interesting? :P

Hopefully it will be as good as you promise and hopefully you will finish this too. Good luck with it!

PsychicHeart

thanks pablo, your words... umm, flattering? :P
Sorry, couldn't help myself. And, yeah, it will be unlike most AGS-made games, as it is not really an Adventure game. You have to earn cash in comps, and get respect from other tuners. And the graphics are pretty shit but, if people are really going to like my game, than it will be for the gameplay. It seems to me that people focus on the graphics too much and not enough on the gameplay. For example, the game XIII has great graphics, but is pretty boring and repetetive. Forgive my analogy.

Mozesh

Sounds pretty interesting, maybe if you put a bit more time in the graphics I bet it would look much better.

Chicky

Hehe, i've been playing San Andreas recently too.

But seriously, if you finish the game and it can do everything your blurb promises then i will certainly play it! Also i love how you've drawn the character 'Matty C'.

DanClarke

yes, not to sound too harsh, but round wheels on cars may be a starting point ;)

GarageGothic

Quote from: DanClarke on Fri 01/07/2005 15:04:37yes, not to sound too harsh, but round wheels on cars may be a starting point ;)

Perhaps round wheels is a modification you can add later on in the game? If you looked at the tuned car, it has roundish wheels compared to the rectangular ones on the Bison ;)

This game looks like it'll beat the crap out of Need For Speed Underground 2 and Juiced!!!

Darth Mandarb

I suppose the rule that says "title and menu screens don't count as in-game screenshots" doesn't matter ...

* sigh *

Mr Flibble

Look, you've made him cry now.

Poor Darth, he works so hard...

Maybe when people sign up they should have to read the posting rules for each forum, and then answer a rigorous test, with extra points for grammar.

Right I'm off to get some guy to pimp out my ride with square wheels. ;)

Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Mr Flibble on Fri 01/07/2005 18:09:14Maybe when people sign up they should have to read the posting rules for each forum, and then answer a rigorous test, with extra points for grammar.

Or maybe people could just learn to pay attention and read the rules in the first place? :)

QuoteRight I'm off to get some guy to pimp out my ride with square wheels. ;)

Don't forget to get spinners man!Ã,  They're the best!

PsychicHeart

you may notice that some large vehicles, while not "square" shaped, are not circle shaped either. They are a cross between the two. That is the essence of Tuner City. A real life style
experience. (yes, i realise that the graphics need a huge makeover)
well, tada. A demo will be out in a little while.

Phemar

Hmm. This plot sounds seriously tense.

While the graphics may be a bit meh, with a plot/gameplay like you've described I'm sure anyone would want to play this.

Squinky

This may be unpopular of me to say, but if you can achieve the scripting required for this game, then you should be able to achieve better art. This art is just simply not worthwhile, and i doubt anybody will play this game until you take the time to click on the circle tool instead of trying to rationalize sqaure tires...

I've know all about how games don't need great graphics to be awesome, I've made some games with lesser graphics and I've played a lot that I have enjoyed. The difference here is, you arent even trying. Slow down and clean things up...

PsychicHeart

I am getting PSP7 tomorrow, so, y'know, revamp on the way. I was thinking of using a program like Anim8or to make 3D graphics, can i import these into AGS, cos that would seriously kick ass!
Well, as stated above, revamp on its way.

guybrush

I really like yours character design, but cars..
I see we'll have to tune the cars, but I think I'll be tuning it 5 years to make it look normal.
SPY FUNCTION-- My first game
C O M I N G   S O O N !

PsychicHeart

alright alright
i get the idea, the graphics aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.
That's why i am redoing them with PaintShopPro7. please refrain from throwing stones

DoorKnobHandle

It's looking good and your gameplay idea sounds good as well.

A few tips are:

- Redo the cursor picture. Don't use tablet-drawn graphics for your cursor image.  Rather use a cleaner style for it - use absolutley straight lines.
- Change the font in your main menu from this standard font to something a little bit more original.

With better car graphics it will then be allright from the graphical side. If you're then able to include all the gameplay elements properly, then it is going to have a lot of potential, that's for sure.

Oh, and now stick to the game - until it is finished. ;)

Darth Mandarb

Since you are re-vamping the graphics (starting over) I'm locking this.  Let me know when you have 2 screenshots (in-game, NO menues, titles, or just car shots ... 2 actually screens from in-game playable shots)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk