Emily Enough: Imprisoned--Calling All Beta-testers

Started by Anarcho, Sun 01/08/2004 22:12:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Twelve

You shouldn't have to play through the whole game every time you want to test some new code.  This is where some good de-bugging code comes in handy.

You can set the Main Character starting room to the room where you need to test the code.  You can use a debug command to jump to any room.  You can throw in some code of your own to quick set some Global Vars or get some Inventory items.  If you put just a little bit of time into that, you won't waste tons of time going through the whole game each time you add something new.

By the way, LOOOOOOVE the screenies.  Your style is excellent.  Can't wait.

Totoro

I told you before, but I have to say it again: I love what I see and read about it and I am really really looking forward to that!

Anarcho

Yeah, I mean I use the debugging stuff a lot.  I start in different rooms and jump back and forth, but a lot of times you have to get through long conversations and to get through stuff.  I'm not confident enough with scripting to add script that I don't know will work, so I'm just using the debugging stuff.  It doesn't take that long, it's just annoying at times.

Thanks for the positive comments! 

[ ... ], sorry if the font is hard to read, the outlined font is used for the entire game except for the status line.  That is easier to read.  I was planning on changing it a bit, but we'll see.  I'm really trying to just focus on finishing the game so that you can play it from start to finish.

skw

Hmm... your game appears to be really interessing. I especially like the character art - it looks just awesome! They're original, well-drawn and have theirs own depressing spirit.

QuoteThis is going to be a fun game, so stay tuned.
:=

I'm waiting for more... Good luck!
a.k.a. johnnyspade

Anarcho

Thanks!  I think I'll have a playable game from start to finish in probably a week or two.  Then I just have to make an intro and ending animation, and add music.  Then beta testing.

Totoro

If you need someone for beta-testing... remember the pink rabbits please, they make awesome beta testers. That's because no girl wants to have a pink rabbit as a boyfriend so pink rabbits just sit at home and wait for a task to do which could be nice to do for a pink rabbit and... ARGH ... well I hope you get what I am trying to tell you ... ;)

Anarcho

Well, I've been testing the game for a few weeks now.  I can get through probably half the game before encountering any major bugs.  I did work last night that should get me through two thirds of it with any luck.  I've added in all of the small animations and other little things that needed to get done---mainly various animations of her picking things up.  I've also finally finished all of Emily's walking animations---side views, front and back.  It's all looking pretty good.     

Unfortunately, I've yet to complete the intro sequence and final cutscene, but the way I've planned them out it shouldn't take long.  The only thing that might take a while is music, but hopefully it won't.  I really just want to get this project done to A) prove that someone can create a big game for their first game and B) move onto something else.  I've got tons of neat ideas for games.

Anyway, Totoro---you're first on my list for beta-testing. 

Anarcho

Hooray Hoorah, I've played through the game for the first time without finding a single bug.  The game is complete---except for the music.  Sounds effects are done, but I have to record some songs.  I've already written them, so it won't take long, but I'm stuck in Texas until at least tuesday so I can't record until then.

I think I'll have a beta version available for testing by the end of this week.  No joke.  I doubt that testing will take long, because I've been testing the hell out of it myself, and I think I've found most real problems.  Of course, it folks play it and find that it doesn't make any sense, then I'll have some work to do.

Anyway, if you'd like to help test the game, please PM me.  I'd love the help.

Otherwise, keep an eye out in the completed games section, and if you're in the Washigton DC area, I'll be having a god damn party once I release this thing. 

ildu

Great news. I'm expecting a lot. I'll wait for the game, though. Won't even bother applying to beta-test.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk