The Amulet of Monkey Island

Started by Metamorfo, Fri 08/07/2005 03:39:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Metamorfo

Hi Guys!

Metamorfo Entertainment is developing his more ambitious project, called THE AMULET OF MONKEY ISLAND (El Amuleto de Monkey Island) to "practice" for his future projects (original ideas).
It will be a multilingual game, a "serious" continuation that promises to finish of once the saga, clarifying all the situations that remained incomplete, and revealing finally OUR real secret of Monkey Island.

Take a look:

http://www.metamorfo.cjb.com/ Our website
http://usuarios.lycos.es/metamorfoe/phpBB2/index.php/ Our forums

Some conceptual art:

In-game Screenshot:

- High quality tracks of music and ambientation in audio format in every scene
- "Cartoon" backgrounds totally interactives.
- 3D animations like Runaway.
- Interface Poin't and Click, without verbs.
- Fully animated cutscenes.
- A future talkie-version.
- AND A LOT OF REGGAE!  :D

Please comment about our project! ;)

PD: More screenshots, art and music in the website.

Darth Mandarb

Your website isn't in English and might be difficult for people to navigate.

I was able to find the screenshots and it does look like you've got better ones to post than the ones you did post!

Please post (update the first post) with 1 more "in-game" screenshot (as the rules require).

Also tell us all a little something about the game; What's the plot?  Who're the characters?  When does it take place? (also, just update the first post)

Stuff like that.

See the FORUM RULES and the EXAMPLE THREAD for ideas!

Thanks!

Candle

They post at the adventuredevelopers and few other website's and they don't speak much english but what they do is better then me . lol
They will fix it I'm sure .

Chicky

Looks beautiful :D Heh, at first i read 'multilingual' as multiplayer  ::)

You better finish this!

Pod

Why do some many people try to make fan-sequels or something?
They're all inevitably worse than the original.

Alun

Just a note: This is personal opinion, of course, but I think "The Amulet of Monkey Island" would be a better English name than "The Charm of Monkey Island".Ã,  "Charm" has other meanings in English as well, and the one you want isn't the one that comes most immediately to mind--to me, at least.Ã,  Until I read the Spanish title, I interpreted the "Charm" in the English title to mean encanto rather than amuleto.

Soup - The Comic Strip
http://www.soupcomic.com
Gods, heroes, monsters, and soup

Metamorfo

Alun_Clewe, maybe you're right, I don't speak english very well...  :)

Pod... You should say that AFTER play it.
All in the team are fanatic of Monkey Island and we agreed in realizing a game of this type.

BerserkerTails

Well, I must say, as a group making a fan game, you're so far above 90% of the other groups. The fact that there are multiple ingame screenshots puts you there.

I'll play it when it comes out and decide whether I like it then, but for now I'm defintely interested.
I make music.

Metamorfo

Thank you very much for the praise BerserkerTails!  :-*
We are trying to do everything possible to do something of real quality.  :)

Phemar

Wow, this looks beautiful! If you need help proof-reading or anything (BETA-testing etc.) just PM me.

Hope this turns out to be quality on the inside, because it sure looks good on the outside!

Pod

Quote from: Metamorfo on Sat 09/07/2005 01:08:20
Alun_Clewe, maybe you're right, I don't speak english very well... :)

Pod... You should say that AFTER play it.
All in the team are fanatic of Monkey Island and we agreed in realizing a game of this type.

To be honest with you, you're 'above' most other fan games. At least you've created original art for it. The type of games I'm on about just steal the original art, put the characters in HILARIOUS* situations, give them shite dialouge and generally ruin all my childhood memories of monkey island.

Seriously though, you seem to have a dedicated team. Let's hope this game is a GOOD GAME with a monkey island setting, shall we? Good luck guys, I do actually look forward to playing it. Like those two professional looking indy sequels. I'm looking forward to those as well :)

Also, I'll help proof read any text if you need any help. Though, I can't really speak Spanish too well :/

*that was scathing sarcasm for the non-english readers out there.

Metamorfo

Of course, that's our policy.
Use original graphs 100%, with a serious script that follows the thread of the saga, without making exaggerated parodies and nothing of that type of things.

We promise that the game will be Monkey Island in its PURE state  ;)

Metamorfo

The web is being translated RIGHT NOW.
So you can visit it and read the texts in your language.

=The=Brat=

If there is any way i can help im in!  8)

p.s U BETTER FINISH THIS!  ;D

What a loser.

Looks to be in the true Monkey Island Spirit.
-Alias, AGS Forums

Feel free to quote me on that.  :P Honestly breathtaking work!

Metamorfo

The web in english is finished, yeah!  8)
Please enter NOW!  :D

Actually we're looking for artists who can equal our style of painting and a good musician, as far as possible.

BernieLaraemie

If you're still looking for a musician, feel free to PM.  I really only work with midi, though.  So I can't help you if you're looking for mp3s.

~~Bernie
~~~~~
"It doesn't matter whether something is true, just that it is believed." -- Jim Morrison
~~~~~
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Metamorfo

I'm sorry, but the music in the game will be in audio format (ogg).

=The=Brat=

Could You Post The Title Screen For Me!

Metamorfo

We're still not decided about this one, but already I'm going to post some screenshots.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk