Da New Guys - bustin' hide within the week

Started by IceMan, Sat 09/07/2005 12:35:44

Previous topic - Next topic

IceMan

Step into the world of pro-wrestling as Da New Guys, three British underdogs trying to make it big in the U.S.

Set over four chapters spanning the course of 24 hours, help Simon, Defender, and The Brain overcome their biggest challenge yet - the reposession of their home!

In this quirky cartoon adventure, experinece the highs and lows of pro-wrestling: buff up in the gym, take on rivals in the ring, and work part time in dodgy fast-food chains while avoiding the landlady.

Features:
-3 playable characters
-30 playable rooms
-10 interactive NPCs
-Full voice acting
-Two different endings

Fight night!Ã,  Smiley Joe dares to take on the might of The Brain!

Defender finds part-time work more than a little tedious.

The Brain steps into the gym for the first time ever!

Oh no!Ã,  Don't look - it's the all-action explosive ending!

The new game by IceBox - coming soon.Ã,  ;)

http://iceboxgames.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

UPDATE: Current status
The game is finished, and going through the final stages of bug testing.  The voice pack is currently underway, and so the game is very near to completion.  The voice pack will be a separate download.

ildu

bush_monkey

this looks really good. Will you get to play the fights?

IceMan

There's no minigames, if that's what you're asking.Ã,  I decided against it for two reasons:
1) Purists may complain
2) It'd take a millenia to animateÃ,  ;)

Actually, the fight in the screenshot above leans more towards the fights in Monkey Island.Ã,  SHAMELESS, I knowÃ,  :), but it makes sense.Ã,  Matches in the WWE are always fixed so that the crowd's favourite in a match will win, so I decided to put that into the game.Ã,  That little meter at the bottom of the pic shows you who the crowd is siding with.

The last screen also mentions an action-scene at the end, but this is also traditional point-and-click.Ã,  It was pretty cool to come up with ways to have exiting stuff going on, without resorting to minigames.Ã,  The ending of Full Throttle did this excellently.

JD

It looks really good, and I love the idea :) Can't wait 'till its done!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk