space adventure

Started by plosfas, Tue 12/07/2005 03:19:30

Previous topic - Next topic

plosfas

ok i know this game isnt the best but i am only 13 and this is my first game.Ã,  i thought i would submit it cause i still put a lot of work into it.

http://plosfas.tripod.com

The Book

Quite fine as for a first attempt, congratulations!

Some words of advice:

- Adjust the character speed! It take forever to walk across the room

- Add more descriptions and interactions. Let the player know whether he can interact with a hotspot or not

- Remove discarded item from inventory - when, for example, replacing empty container X with full container Y, remove X from players inventory.

Now, shame on me -  I'm hopelessly stuck:

Spoiler
I've pail filled with water and a fish, and met aliens guarding the door. Now I've no single clue as what to do next. Did I miss something?
[close]

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I'm going to do exactly what The Book did - praise your effort, say it's quite a fine first attempt, and generally pat you in the back, for you are in the right direction. But I'll be a bit more picky. ;)

"Damit" is spelled "Damnit". ::)

Some rooms have an issue with walkbehinds, especially the fourth (after the pond before the guards). You know, those stalactites-gmites-whatever on the ground, black? They seem to be supposed to be nearest the camera's POV, and so everything must be drawn under it... but "Roger" is drawn over. Makes for odd things.

The pond rooms and the other "scrolling" room on the surface look really weird. It might have been better if you'd kept them as scrolling. Well, IMHO, anyway.

Judging from the inventory, I think you left in some default inventory item, or whatever. I say this because the items start from what would be slot of the inventory item number 2.

Spoiler
You can use the pail on one side of the water, but not the other. Why?

How did the pail get the water if the pond was frozen?

Bit of a pixelhunt looking for the crack in the wall. The idea is good, but the player must have some hint (I was just clicking around looking for hotspots - that's a nono).

You're on the right track with the transporter/elevator/thingy, but if you dab a bit more in AGS you'll find an even better way. When you're ready to script (I assume you didn't this time around, which is just fine) you'll find you'll be able to MOVE "Roger" without him actually WALKING, making for a realistic "beaming up".
[close]

I told ya I'd be picky. ::) But like I said, you're very much on the right track. Keep working, and keep fine-tuning.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Mr Flibble

I don't have time to check but I thought it was spelt "Dammit".
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

...actually, I was torn between those two. I went for "Damnit". Well, at any rate it ain't "Damit". ;)

EDIT - Checked. You're right, Flibble - Dammit.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Totoro

Hey, not bad. I agree. I am a bit envious because when I was 13 I really dreamt about making an adventure but there was nothing like AGS around. I think you have a good potential for the future!  :)

Nethros

Very nice for a first attempt. Haven't played too much. Are those graphics from sylpher? Just one advice, for your next game, or if you plan to make a remake, you should make the water a walk-behind :)

dogberry

I think for a first attempt at such a young age you have done a great job.
I am much older than you and wouldn't know where on earth to start.

Well done! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk