hi, i'm new in here

Started by , Thu 14/07/2005 12:40:23

Previous topic - Next topic

jain

My name is Jain, I'm from France and, besides many things, I'm quite fond of old school point'n'clicks. I've just discovered with AGS, and it's a really great program. And so of course, I decided to start making my own games. Okay, I must warn you that I am a real professional of unaccomplishment, as I am a very lazy, not self-confident guy with MANY projects (I write novels, draw comics, play music and stuff).

However, I started to make a game, or, let's say, some default room with few things to interact with and an eight-loop character that was truely difficult to animate (but i think the result is not so bad and kind of funny). I was thinking the reason why it's so difficult might be that I chose a 640x480 resolution, and as drawing with a mouse implies making zoom, it's hard for me to modify my character if I only see a part of it (well, I'm not very clear but I know what I mean, I have to leave soon, sorry).

So I thought of trying to draw some characters for a 320x240 resolution, and although they have that monkey island look-alike, it's incredibly quicker. So I decided to start a game (I'm still making the characters) which will be the adaptation of a very famous movie in a Lucas Arts style. I usually like to write my own stories, but I'm not a full-time gamer, and all I want to do here is to make some nostalgic and fun game ; I'll add tones of stupid jokes no one but an autist like me is able to produce and some weird puzzles. And if I find time, I'll make a shorter (but amusing though) game in 640x480 with my eight-loop character.

Got to go, sorry, hug to you guies, I saw some wonderful games on this site.

jain

Darth Mandarb

Hello Jain and welcome to the AGS forums.

I had a little difficulty understanding your post.  Have you started working on a game?

If so, please review the FORUM RULES  and the EXAMPLE THREAD.

If you meet the requirements of the rules, and can provide all the information needed, let me know and I can unlock this thread so you can update the first post.

Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk