A Tale of Two Kingdoms (demo/teaser available)

Started by Radiant, Sat 16/07/2005 23:21:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Well, what can I say, we're in production and doing great.

http://crystalshard.net/atotk.php

Demo and teaser download

We have a screenshots section, a FAQ, and of course the download link in the menu above. We do not currently have a public forum for feedback, however. We may create one in the future. We do not have an official release date yet. As with many independently created games, it will be done when it is done.

The ancient kingdom of Theylinn is beset by enemies both from within and without. Within the castle walls, nobles vie for the old King's favor, and not everybody is happy with the sole heir to the throne, princess Rhiannon.
Meanwhile, danger approaches, in the form of an invading army, a hostile giant, and a mercenary troop who are ancient enemies of the Theylann king.
And there is mystery yet. For hidden within the borders of Theylinn lies a second kingdom, named Thierna na Oge, where the faeries reign. Little is known about this shrouded, exotic realm.

A Tale of Two Kingdoms is a full-length graphical adventure with a mood of fairy tales, magic, and intrigue, and strives to be one of the best AGS games yet.

We are still interested in testers. If you would like to help, please drop me a private message, and include a few lines on how you think alpha testing works and why you would make a good tester. Not to discourage anyone but if you want to see the game because it's k3wl, please wait until it's completed.

=The=Brat=

Great Work!, Reminds me of 'Lure Of The Tempress'

What a loser.

Any updates you can give us, Radiant? The project looks to be very cool.  :)

Radiant

Well, here's an update...
A Tale Of Two Kingdoms is rapidly nearing completion. We are finishing up in many areas, and touching up in some others. What I mean is that we're basically working on the last five or six rooms, portraits and such. We're aiming fora release around this year's christmas, but still keeping our fingers crossed on that one. And here are some new screenshots.

We presently have a (mostly) playable version, so we would like to have some people beta-test it. If you're interested in some serious testing, please drop us a line.

There will likely be auditions for voice actors in a month or so, we'll keep you posted here. And if people have questions, by all means, shoot ahead!

And as with almost all projects, if there happen to be any sprite artists who can spare a day or two, they'd be most welcome, as this makes the game more vivid and fun.

Scott C

Hiya,

This looks great, I'd be interested in beta testing :)

Thanks,

Scott

Mr. Mozzarella

I am also looking forward to it
but why did you never update the website?  ???
Night of Fire - Thread

I control, I am in charge of
Everyones future, red button is mine

Fizzii

Quote from: Mr. Mozzarella on Tue 25/10/2005 21:44:32
but why did you never update the website?Ã,  ???

Simply put, keeping the website constantly updated takes time. We rather prefer to spend our energy working on the game. But who knows, we probably will update one day in the future.

Mr. Mozzarella

Quote from: Fizzii on Tue 25/10/2005 22:00:48
Quote from: Mr. Mozzarella on Tue 25/10/2005 21:44:32
but why did you never update the website?Ã,  ???

Simply put, keeping the website constantly updated takes time. We rather prefer to spend our energy working on the game. But who knows, we probably will update one day in the future.

alright  :)
Night of Fire - Thread

I control, I am in charge of
Everyones future, red button is mine

KQartist

We'll look into getting the web-page updated.

As Radiant said, sprite art is the area of the game that's in need of primary focus, but everywhere else development has gone very well!

Be sure to check out the webpage to familiarise yourself with the basic plot, if you haven't already.  We're basically trying to make a game similar to the Conquests series of adventure games from Sierra Online, with more of a fantasy world.

Broomie

Truly awesome guys, can't wait to play it. I'd help with some voice acting if you want. :) And if it weren't for IA I'd help with sprites aswell but can't have everything.
Broomie
Infamous Quests
http://www.infamous-quests.com
Kickstart Ventures
http://www.kickstartadventure.com
-------------------

i k a r i

It looks amazing O_O...this is one of those games I just can't wait to play, the screenshots are amazing, and I love the adventure games including fairy tales, magic, and castles..and all that stuff...
Please finish it soon!  ;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Nacho

I'd really like to help, but I've discovered with my own little game that, whereas I can be good with statics sprites, I am quite terrible at animating and I wouldn't sollute your bottle neck... :/ Sorry about that...  :'(
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

calacver

NIIIIIIICCCCCCEEEEEEEEE! i really love it! I'm a fan.

I followed one of your links to heroine's quest, these are the two games at least I'll be waiting for!

scourge

such beautiful graphics ...

splat44

Quote from: calacver on Sat 29/10/2005 22:03:10
NIIIIIIICCCCCCEEEEEEEEE! i really love it! I'm a fan.

I followed one of your links to heroine's quest, these are the two games at least I'll be waiting for!

Ya me too I've being waiting for those games.

Hopefully they can be done in fair time.

Radiant

*bump*

Well, now that the game is nearing completion I'll try to keep people posted about us a bit more than I have in the past. This is a piece of music from our game, by mr. Sideris. Enjoy!

http://taleoftwokingdoms.com/files/wizard1.mp3

Please don't slashdot us :)

i k a r i

NEARING COMPLETION?!!?!?  :o  ....;D

WOW, I was really waiting for this one since I red the story...and those screenshots are amazing...
I really really like the fantasy, wizards, orcs, knights...I guess I'm a 20 years old child..

Can't wait to play the full version, and...the music is also great, please finish it soon (but in two weeks or I won't study =P)
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

snoopy

This is great just wondering because i have dial up how big of a file will this game be to download ?

And i also hope this means you will finally get back to finish the remake of the other game you were working on.

And everybody have a great Thanksgiving Holiday!

John

Nikolas

Well if I'm not mistaken the file will be around 60 Mb (give or take some). I'm not incharge of this, but we might try using rar instead of zip or even splitting the files. We don't know yet.

Radiant: Correct me if I'm wrong here, I don't want to give the wrong impression...

Radiant

I'm afraid that MP3s don't compress much, regardless of what program you use. Basic matter of entropy, really. At an estimate, the game would be about 25 meg (zipped to 16-18), plus 60-70 meg of music pack, plus 20-30 meg of voice pack.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk