Da New Guys: Day of the Jackass - Out Feb 29th!

Started by IceMan, Sun 24/07/2005 21:36:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben X

Looks ace!

Did you manage to get automated lip-sync going, or did you end up doing it the long way? I can't see any resolution to the whole issue after a forum search!

IceMan

Thanks!

Lip-synching was surprisingly easy, once I found out how.  First I used smiley's Automatic Lipsync Plugin to generate .pam files for each speech file (just double click the audio file, press start and it does a pretty good approximation).  Then I renamed all .pam files to .dat, and wrote a module (using some long-lost code here as a basis) that reads the file and manually overrides the character's frames when talking.  Bit of a hack, but it works.

Anyone want the module?  I'll upload it if so - I always wanted a way of having lip-synching in Lucasarts-style games and it's the only way I know of doing it.

Grundislav

Quote from: IceMan on Thu 02/02/2012 14:24:56
Anyone want the module?  I'll upload it if so - I always wanted a way of having lip-synching in Lucasarts-style games and it's the only way I know of doing it.

Yes please!  I would appreciate it greatly.

m0ds

Great stuff Iceman! It was epic way back when...so it must be bloomin' awesome now! And it looks it. Love that map screen. Best of luck with your release!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk