Multiplayer AGS game?

Started by KingMick, Tue 09/08/2005 21:22:58

Previous topic - Next topic

KingMick

I have been toying with the idea of a multiplayer AGS game ever since I first started playing Myst: Uru, a game originally designed to be a multiplayer puzzler-solving adventure.  I am wondering, has anyone else figured out possible ways to do this?  The players wouldn't necessarily have to be able to chat with each other at the same time but it would be fun if they could play different characters solving different parts of the adventure and leaving notes/journals for each other to read--basically an interactive adventure where you have to rely on clues from other players to solve your part too.

It's just an idea but right now I am stumped as to how it could be done.  If anyone else has any ideas, let me know.

--Mick

DoorKnobHandle

The only possibility to create an AGS game with multiplayer is using the TCP/IP protocol plugin.

But it requires "heavy" coding as well as patience and no game was ever released yet, that uses this plugin.

Don't even think about it as "newb"...

strazer

Search the forum for "multiplayer", there are lots of threads about this, most notably this one in the Popular Threads archive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk