Andrew Gourdo is... Chick Chaser (call for beta testers)

Started by aussie, Sun 14/08/2005 15:14:44

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie

After awhile of inactivity, AussieSoftTM proudly presents...

Andrew Gourdo is... Chick Chaser
PLOT
You play Andrew Gourdo, a uni student who has just been dumped by his girlfriend. Your task is to get her back.

Chick Chaser is essentially a romantic comedy, intended as a tribute to the Secret of Monkey Island and Leisure Suit Larry series.

SCREENIES
In Chick Chaser, you'll get to...

Experience life at college!

Face the challenges of uni life!

Visit Western Thathurst University!

Meet a load of girls!

FEATURING
- A tearful love story.
- Humor and drama in equal amounts.
- Heavily stereotyped female characters.
- A grand total of 39 rooms.
- Over 100 views.
- Over 450 sprites.
- Over 15 interactable characters.
- Over 15 dialog topics.
- Over 10 GUIS.
- Over 20 inventory items.
- A point-based ranking system.
- A classic graphical adventure interface.
- A bunch of copyrighted midis and sound effects.
- One hidden puzzle.

PROGRESS
Graphics 100%
Puzzles 100%
Scripting 100%
Music/sound 100%
Beta testing 50%

LENGTH
I'm toying with the idea of releasing Chick Chaser as a full-length game. I have a total of 39 rooms, some of which are cutscenes, endscenes and so forth.

I reckon if LSL6 was a full-length game (and if some of those released as full-length are) this one also is.

But anyway, on this particular score I will listen to the opinion of the beta testers.

CALL FOR BETA TESTERS
I was a bad bad boy when I made chapter one of Wolf Country (released as a demo). I called out for beta testers, got them all interested, got their feedback...

And did nothing about it.

That will not happen again. There's an essential difference between Chick Chaser and Wolf Country. This time the game is actually finished, meaning that I'm no longer unsure as to what chapter 2 or 3 would be about, and whether I'd be able to finish the project overall.

Plus I've done some beta testing myself, so that'd save beta-ers a lot of work.

I want to get over and done with this game as soon as possible, so I will only take the first two who offer themselves as beta testers. Of course, beta testers get to be in the credits.

For those wishing to step forward, bear in mind I plan to release the game half way through this coming week (by wednesday or so). If for whatever reason you think you won't be having time in the next couple of days, please abstain.

Takers?

(*) Righto, I have two betta testers now. Stay tuned for my next post on the Completed Games forum.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Darth Mandarb

Looks quite excellent!

I remember that background of the university (from the CL?) ... I believe I asked if that was a Quidditch pitch!

The game sounds interesting and I always loved the 'ranking' system stuff in games!

I would love to beta test ... but I just don't have the time!  Sorry!

Looking forward to seeing it in the completed games section.

aussie

Quote from: Darth
I remember that background of the university (from the CL?) ... I believe I asked if that was a Quidditch pitch!

That's rightÃ,  ;D I remember your comment too!

The girl was also there, but a few months before.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

Ubel

Amazing graphics! I also remember that background from the CL. This sounds really cool! I'm looking forward to play it!

I also can't offer to beta test, because my school starts tomorrow and I won't have time then.

big brother

I know this isn't the CL, but isn't that portrait in a different resolution than the rest of the pics? It seems like a very different style.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

aussie

Quote from: big brother on Sun 14/08/2005 22:18:47
I know this isn't the CL, but isn't that portrait in a different resolution than the rest of the pics? It seems like a very different style.

Yeah, you're correct.

I've made closeup pictures at a higher resolution, so the quality is better. Although most graphics are drawn at 320x200, you should play the game at 640x400 to get the most out of it.

(*) Righto, I have two betta testers now. Stay tuned for my next post on the Completed Games forum.

aussie

You can lock this one now, Darth.  ;)

I've already posted it on the completed games forum.

Darth Mandarb

Congrats on finishing the game!

** Darth inserts key ... **

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk