Edwin Abbott Abbott's Flatland

Started by Guy, Thu 18/08/2005 18:52:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy

This is my first project and I try directly make something original.

Edwin Abbott Abbott's Flatland is a social satire from year 1884. It places itself to 2-dimensional world, where people are polygons, the more angles, the higher social class. Highest class are circles and lowest class are women which are bare lines.

The demo version of the game is found here:
http://www.kanetti.fi/~jjylonen

You are a red square and you can walk around the game area, where wanders other polygons, too. You can also call a sphere from 3D world to Flatland.

Anything more you cannot yet do, but I think this will become an adventure, whose happenings follow the book's happenings.

Darth Mandarb

** sigh **

How hard is it to read the freakin' FORUM RULES and then to follow the freakin' rules?

Your first screenshot is not an IN-GAME screenshot ... that's a title/menu screen which the rules clearly state does not count as a screenshot.

Update the post with another IN-GAME shot, or I am going to lock this thread.

Guy

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Thu 18/08/2005 19:07:39
** sigh **

How hard is it to read the freakin' FORUM RULES and then to follow the freakin' rules?

Your first screenshot is not an IN-GAME screenshot ... that's a title/menu screen which the rules clearly state does not count as a screenshot.

Update the post with another IN-GAME shot, or I am going to lock this thread.

Now there's two screenshots. There's no much difference in them, but I think that almost all the game will happen in the same big scrolling area.

calacver

Kweepa

I love it!
I had no idea that Flatland was so biting - women are straight lines? Yeowch!
I also didn't know Abbott's middle name was Abbott. How inspired!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk