Looking for some lost AGS games

Started by SedrynTyros, Mon 22/08/2005 22:47:28

Previous topic - Next topic

SedrynTyros

I'm trying to put together a collection of AGS games but many of the ones that were available at one time have since disappeared into the ether of the web, possibly lost forever.Ã,  Here's a list of games that I need which I can't find:

*EDIT list to remove games I found in Fuzzpilz's collection
*EDIT updated list again, removing titles Nick gave me locations on.Ã,  Thanks, Nick!
*EDIT will update list as Brisby uploads to FTP.Ã,  :)
*EDIT thanks for pointing me to your game, Greg.Ã,  Ã, :)
*EDIT to include MAGs games I can't find yet

Full Length:

Kill Rem vol. 1(fixed bugs) (by MIC) - http://fire.prohosting/micadv

Medium Length:

Battle Warriors : Rovendale Tactics (ALFA VERSION) (by Endrews)
Gerald Ratcliff I (by Evil Snowman)
Insta Game: The Strange Planet v1.0 (by Erica McLane)

Short Length:

DROI0 (by Readall Productions)
Harrys Strange Day (by Lestat)
Instagame: Grok (by RabbitWithFangs)
Quikstrike89's Stupid Test Game (by Quikstrike89)
The Black Sky (by Fribbi)

MAGs:

T.I.T (by Paranoia)

If anyone has these available and wouldn't mind putting them up on a FTP server, e-mailing them to me or sharing them via bit torrent, please shoot me a PM or an e-mail to sedryn@sonic.net.Ã,  Thanks for your time.Ã,  Ã, :)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Weeeellll, I have most... but NO time to upload them all and NO place to put them in! That's a MASSIVE list, man. Sorry, the only way I'll share them is if you have eMule.

EDIT - And anyway, your post should have been made in THIS thread: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=16926.0
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

SedrynTyros

I apologize for posting this in the wrong place.  I didn't notice the other thread.

If I download and setup Emule where would I look to find your set?

My goal here is to put together as comprehensive a collection as possible and share it via some file sharing system (be it Emule or Bit Torrent).

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Hmmm... well, I have a goal like that too, only I don't share it. I just have a damn big collection of AGS games.

Let me know when (if) you download eMule, then I'll put them all in a big RAR file and send you the ed2k link.

Kneel. Now.

SedrynTyros

I already have Emule up and running.Ã,  Ã, :)

Thank you for offering to do this, I REALLY appreciate it.Ã,  As it is, it's taken me a while to collect the AGS games I have and I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to find any of the ones I've listed here.

Whenever you find the time to do this I'm ready to receive the ed2k link.

Thanks again, and please let me know if there's any way I can return the favor.

Fuzzpilz

I've got a bunch of AGS games archived here. It's not very well sorted, of course, because I'm too horribly lazy to maintain it, and there's a lot missing for the same reason. Originally there was also going to be a database of the games I have there, but that never really got off the ground, as it would be both a lot of work and redundant. Still, I think you'll find several of the games you're looking for if you nose around a bit.

(And now that I've actually gotten around to mentioning this to The General Public, I should probably point out that this is all without most of the authors' explicit permission, and if your game is there and you don't want it to be I'll remove it)

SedrynTyros

Thanks, Fuzzpilz.Ã,  I'm still looking forward to checking out Rui Pire's collection, but I'll give yours a go as well!Ã,  Ã, :)

EDIT:

Nice collection, Fuzzpilz.  I found several games I was looking for and some I didn't even know existed!  Good deal!!!   :)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Damn, I thought I had them all. I DID, you see, but I musta lost some. Gerald Ratcliff, for instance, and WHere's The ACe?, I KNOW I had those. Beats me where they went.

But I still got you most of the ones in your list. Here's the link:

ed2k://|file|AGS.Games.rar|97785533|12ACFCD15833480EC3D3BE70F1D403FD|/

My eMule nick is "Furry". If you see me around, talk to me, so we can try and make one of those "friend connections" or something, where you can get it faster.

Kneel. Now.

Redwall

aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

If anyone else can help Sedryn please do, the eMule thing didn't work.

Kneel. Now.

SedrynTyros

^^^^^^

Thanks for trying, though.Ã,  Really appreciate it.Ã,  I'm not sure why I couldn't connect to those servers you listed.Ã,  I tried everything I could think of, including removing my firewall altogether but nothing did the trick.

Well, hopefully a couple more generous folks will wonder through this thread.Ã,  :)

Thanks again for the help.

Ishmael

You two have gmail? You could send the stuff through there, Brisby.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

SedrynTyros

gmail let's you send files that large?  I had no idea.

Ishmael

Oh, sorry, it only allows 10MB max message size. But atleast you'd have the inbox size for that amount of stuff, if you choose to go that way.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Sorry, no gmail here. ANd the file is 93mbs big anyway.

Kneel. Now.

scotch

If you need somewhere to upload all these rare games you have then that isn't a problem, we've been trying to collect as many AGS games as possible together before they disappear entirely.

SedrynTyros

Let me know if you ever decide to through up that file in a torrent, Brisby.  I use Bit Torrent all the time so I'm sure I could get it that way.

JD

"Marty Chonks In Dances With Camels (by Jeroen Dekker)" I probably still have that somewhere, but it's not really a complete short game. It was just the intro and only 3 playable rooms or something; unfinished.

strazer

Quote from: scotch on Tue 23/08/2005 22:09:53
If you need somewhere to upload all these rare games you have then that isn't a problem, we've been trying to collect as many AGS games as possible together before they disappear entirely.

Sounds interesting. Are you planning some kind of semi-official AGS games archive?

Fuzzpilz, great job!

Fuzzpilz

We were, yes. Don't congratulate me too much, though, most of what's there was provided by AGA and Esseb. I semi-finished a site for it, but as I said maintaining a database would be both a lot of work and redundant.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Scotch - well in that case, where can I upload them? And where can I see what games are already "there"? Maybe I have more that you'd like.

Kneel. Now.

SedrynTyros

One last poke here to see if anybody is willing and able to give me some of these games on my list.  Particularly, I'd like to get my hands on any of these 3:

Kill Rem vol. 1(fixed bugs) (by MIC) - http://fire.prohosting/micadv
Robert Redford Saves The Day Deluxe (by THE BUTCHER) - http://atticwindow.adventuredevelopers.com/
The Book of Spells (by Spyros) - http://atticwindow.adventuredevelopers.com/

Thanks for your time, folks.

Esseb

Rui: here

Sedryn: here (for Book of Spells 1 at least)

auhsor

I notice that you are hosting the HHH remake there. Wasn't that like requested to be not available by the original author. Nice collection though. I have a few older games, but not any ones that you have been requesting.

sovka

Let's see...

P.D. by Igor is here: http://aafiles.bicycle-for-slugs.org/test/pd/PD.zip

Robert Redford Deluxe is just a collection of the original three RR parts, get them here: http://aafiles.bicycle-for-slugs.org/full/

The infamous Rich Phych00 games: http://gamma.nic.fi/~juhop/lataa/richphyc00.zip (I think they're complete, richphycho 2 and richphycho2cruisin is probably the same game)

PocketFluff.Yay!: http://lostags.freebox.ru/PF.zip
Earl Bobby: http://lostags.freebox.ru/earl_bobby.rar

I'm sure I have some more of those games, but I couldn't find them. It would help if you could provide the file names rather than only the games' ones.
Anyone who wants to upload something for Sedryn can use that freebox account. (Rui?) Server: ftp.freebox.ru |Username: lostags.freebox.ru |Password: 1234567
No idea if there are file size restrictions/traffic limitations, I don't speak Russian.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Ok, just so everyone knows -

I'm upping ALL my games to Fuzzpillz's site. ANd I'll up new games, too. GIve me some days, and most games will be there.

Kneel. Now.

SedrynTyros

Thanks for the responses, everybody.   :)

Sounds like a nice collection is coming together on that FTP server.

Elianto

Do you have also Catacombic: An andventure in Antarctica in your site? It's not old but the last mirror doesn't work.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I have it in my hard drive, yeah. It'll go there along with all the others. :)

Kneel. Now.

SedrynTyros

Brisby, that's an awesome amount of material you uploaded there!  Thank you very much for taking the time to do it.  It will give myself and many others the opportunity to acquire some AGS games that might otherwise have disappeared forever. :)

A question for you guys.  Is there any difference at all between the Book of Spells/Robert Redford chapters and the Deluxe/Complete releases?  I'm not able to find the Deluxe/Complete releases but the chapters are up on the FTP server.  Did the author's integrate the chapters into single complete games?  If so, I'd love to get my hands on those versions.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

From what I recall, the only difference is that the DELUXE/Complete versions have all of the games. TBoSpells has them all linked by a single playable EXE, and RRDeluxe has a nifty Flash launcher for all three games. I'll up it too, when I get to it.

It's taking longer than I thought, but it sure feels good to see the list grow! 100+ games uploaded and I'm still in my short games section (exception taken to Da New Guys, which I knew would be a slow upload and took the opportunity to watch a movie)!

Kneel. Now.

SedrynTyros

Thanks again for all your efforts.  :D

SedrynTyros

Does anybody know where I can find Demonslayer 2 by Squinky?  I've found all the other Demonslayer games but can't find that one.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

It's on the archive. Look in the MAGS. I don't think it's called Demonslayer 2. It's somnething about vampire vegetables. Look for a Demonslayer game WITHOUT a number.

EDIT - In fact, all the MAGS games you want are there.

EDIT 2 - Ok, all but the TIT game.

As of now, the archive is COMPLETE. Should anyone have the games that Sedryn is still missing, please let us BOTH know, as I'd also like to add them to the archive.

Kneel. Now.

SedrynTyros

Thanks for the help Brisby.

You're right, I actually already had some of the games on my list but forgot to remove them from the list after download.

Thanks for the tip on the Demonslayer game.

m0ds

Excellent! Now, please continue to use the GAMESEEK thread for further queries about old adventure games that you seek :)

Regarding the archive, please continue to discuss that in a new thread or through PM :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk