The Oracle - DEMO available!

Started by Eugene, Mon 22/08/2005 16:23:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Eugene

THE STORY:

What are friends for? That's precisely why you decide to help out a friend who's in over his head. But you never expected this...

Your friend Alex goes missing, an array of notes and clues left behind, pointing to his possible whereabouts. The story of an elusive mystical gate connecting our world to another may be more than simple lore. An artifact so powerful you wish you had never laid eyes on it. And the key to all three lies in--the Oracle.

FEATURES:

The Oracle is a first-person perspective, photo-realistic adventure game, shot on-location in North America and Europe.

Resolution:Ã,  800x600 at 16-bit color
Size:Ã,  11 Mb (Demo)

Download:Ã,  http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=604

SCREENSHOTS:

-- Eugene

aussie

This is the best looking demo I've seen in a very long time.

Good luck with the project.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Ubel

Hey, the demo was very good. Using real photos as backgrounds is a neat idea and you got it working very well! The only problem I had with the demo was that I couldn't leave the save and load GUIs.

Anyway, good luck with this!

Eugene

Thanks Aussie and Pablo.  I've got over 300 photos I'm currently working with, and editing with Photoshop.

Pablo, I've tried to find that problem you had with the save and load GUIs, but I can't seem to re-create the problem.  Is there any more information you can give me?  If there really is a scripting error, I obviously want to fix it.
-- Eugene

Candle

I had the same problem but found if I clicked both mouse buttons at the same time I could lose the inv (bag pda) Item in my hand .

Eugene

I'm really confused.Ã,  When I click on a gameslot (to save or load), the GUI automatically closes.Ã,  Same with the 'Cancel' button below the gameslots.Ã, 

As for the inventory, I've scripted it as following:

If no item is currently selected, right-clicking opens the inventory.
If you currently have an item, then right-clicking restores the mouse to a cursor.

It's similar in function to "The Longest Journey".
-- Eugene

Ubel

You know what? There was actually no problem! I just didn't notice the "cancel" button below. I don't know why but for some reason all the time I thought that the black round button above the save slots was the cancel button. Another reason might be because the cancel-button was just a text saying "cancel" so I might just have ignored it. (Or maybe I was just too stupid or too tired to think at the moment... )

Eugene

Thanks for checking Pablo.   Atleast I know I'm not going crazy now!  And I'll definitely be making the savegame slots more obvious when they're empty so it's not confusing to the player.
-- Eugene

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk