C&C on cartoony characters, UPDATED again

Started by Mozesh, Mon 15/08/2005 12:08:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Mozesh

Hey, I was just drawing some stuff and thought what the heck I'll try to make some character in a cartoony style. Well this is the result:

The double outline is intensional.
I like the faces and upperbodies, but I got problems with the arms, legs & feet.
What do you think?
EDIT: See below
EDIT2: My stuff on 2dadventure isn't working anymore  :-\
Uploaded the others to imageshack too.

Scummbuddy

I don't have a problem with eithers arms. The feet on the first do need a little work. I suppose just bringing down how tall the left one (his right) one is, and making the right one less wide. The second guys feet are really well done.

The first ones head seems a weee bit too big for the body, but it could definitly just be left as it is.

Overall, very nice characters. Keep up the good work. I'd like to see more, and perhaps even a game.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Mozesh

Thanks for the reply, I'll change them a bit.
Quoteand perhaps even a game.
Who knows ;) maybe I'm working on it right now.

Darth Mandarb

I think they're nice ...

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more shading/hi-lighting going on.  But they have a nice style/feel to them.

Good job!

Das Plans

Hey, good one!

I especially like the second guy. Kinda reminds me of some friendly, although constantly cursing, calzone selling italian family-guy. Am I discriminating anyone right now? Ah, what the heck...

I see no problems with the arms and legs - but with the hands. I'd do a quick paintover to show you what I mean, but hands... well, this is, where I always fail myself.

But other than that. I like it!

RyRayer

Heh. First one reminds me my dad. OK whatever. Anyway, those are pretty nice and I would like to see some more shading too and you should add more details and stuff. Maybe feet are too big too. So, if those are going to be in game, then I would like see a new thread in "AGS Games in Production", because I like your style and I would like to see a new cartoony game.

Keep up the good work.

Mozesh

Hey guys thanks for the replies, glad you like it.
And yeah I'm working on a cartoony game, it's all in it's really early baby stages so I'm not going to start a new GIP topic yet.
I'll post more stuff soon.

Mozesh

So here's some more I gotta type this quickly my Internet's gonna get cut off soon.

The same characters with a new one, a cook!\
EDIT:
For some reason the pic didn't work, so I uploaded it to imageshack.

Ozwalled

Unless the blue shirt guy os supposed to be extending his arm outward in that last pic, you'll want to slope his shoulder down a fair bit sharper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk