Knight's Quest III - Tides of Merania [New Version - 3.0]

Started by Frequentor, Fri 26/08/2005 00:01:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Frequentor

Knight's Quest III is a story set between three different characters and three different realms. It tells the story of a King and his two best knights as they struggle to recover the three Pentagrams needed to defeat the mighty overlord, before he destroys all they hold dear.

Action is split between three countries: the freezing wastes of the Black Hand Republic, the quaint villages of Althador and the bizarre islands of Merania. YOU control the mighty King Althos, the useless Sir Frank and the overtly sexual Sir Roberto as they quest to save their beloved homeland.

Journey to amazing places, the ancient peak of the Guru, the canyon of a thousand Bandits and even the lost city of Crackton...

Download Here

Will you locate the Pentagrams and defeat the Overlord?

Knight's Quest III is the prequel to the (almost) critically acclaimed Knight's Quest IV, and follows on from two games that haven't been made yet. Prepare to immerse yourself in the customs and cultures of the Knight's Quest world, in a game that truly is fun for the whole family (except Grampa).

UPDATE:

The game is now fixed for bug reports and is currently hosted temporarilly (permanant hosting will be avaliable SOON). Please redownload as game may require new version for completion.Ã,  Thanks, happy gaming.

UPDATE 2:

Second version fixed, still waiting on permanant hosting, redownload if it suits you so, happy gaming to all!
See above post for message.

AlbinoPanther

yes yes yes downloading... ;D ;D ;D ;D

is this some kind of a joke the link is broken

Joyce

Try right click and save target as, thats what I did and it seems to work, real slow downloading though

Candle

Freewebs are a joke . but if you can't pay for a host they will have to do . :'(

mags_don

nice game so far.. i have enjoyed it! but i think there is a bug???
ok i think I'm almost done here..this game is a bit buggy with walking to certain areas. one i found is going to where the wizard is with Roberto
Spoiler
on top of the mountain? also where the ladder and rabbit hole is?
[close]
..i found it once and cant get back to it..i believe its a bit of a pixel hunt? where it asks the question about women? i cant seem to get back to that spot..but overall good game but like i said, the area with roberto is a bit ..different in finding the right spots! please help..started a help and tips post section.
doh..forgot where i got to the place..figured it out..thanks anyways.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh boy. 4,28Mbs on Freewebs. Can somebody give the guy a mirror, please?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Privateer Puddin'

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Frequentor

Thank you for the mirror, and apologies for the extremely crappy hosting, I couldn't find anywhere else to put it. Anyway, I hope this doesn''t put anyone off the game, as I spent a lot of time on it. So please give it a go!  ;D

deadsuperhero

Nuts, dude. I gave you some of those ideas for KQ3, but apparently you forgot. Nuts, nuts, nuts.
Like the whole "Rosella is a Whore" thing was never edited.
But oh well, I'm sure you could reupload it somewhere with the fixed version.
And I'lll trype up an article of it on Fanventures, so look for it soon dude!
EDIT:
Bug:
Error in Global Script, line 352
Just after finishing helping King Mort:
Frank says good day, and the game crashes and gives me this message:
Error in Global Script, line 352
NewRoom: Cannot run this command, as it is already been queued to run.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Squinky

Downloading now, I will play tommorow. Looks interesting...

Dave Gilbert

Hiya,

Played this (and #4) and enjoyed them. 

You are obviously going for some kind of Pulp-Fictionesque storytelling, with events being told in different order.  I admit to being confused at playing #4 and wondering where 1-3 were, but that was soon sorted.

#3 is a worthy effort, and leagues ahead of #4.  The multiple characters were a neat idea, but aside from some superficial differences I never felt like they were three different people.  Frank is just kind of bland and neutral with no personality, and the king never really acts like a king (He is all-too-willing to go on quests for people).  The best character by far is Roberto, but he's only given a few places to shine.  These characters could be more developed by adding more hotspots to the backgrounds (most of the backgrounds seemed to be one large hotspot in terms of "look" interactions) and having the character's react to them.  Different descriptions of inventory items would also help.

The highlight of the game was the sprite animations.  They were cute, subtle, and hysterically funny.  Since the supporting cast was so brilliantly drawn, I was a bit disappointed that the MAIN character sprites were such blatant ripoffs of Sierra characters.  Will you be redrawing them for the next game?  It would go a long way in seperating the game from its obvious Sierra roots and make it more your own.

There were a few bugs in the game, and the pathfinding is just awful.  It's really hard to discover just which point of the screen you can walk off.  I was stuck for a long time because I never knew you could walk right from the "billy dog" room.  It looks like the edge of a cliff.

Some more dialog with the NPCs would also have been nice.

I'm being very harsh here, but I liked the game!  Honest!  It just can go from "good" to "great!" with some extra effort.  Since you've improved so much between #4 and #3, I think I can expect an even better game with... #2?  or #5?  Which are you doing next?

-Dave

Lordhoban

Wait, there is a part 4 by this same person?

Standa

Quote from: Frequentor on Fri 26/08/2005 00:01:15
Knight's Quest III is a story set between three different characters and three different realms. It tells the story of a King and his two best knights as they struggle to recover the three Pentagrams needed to defeat the mighty overlord, before he destroys all they hold dear.

Action is split between three countries: the freezing wastes of the Black Hand Republic, the quaint villages of Althador and the bizarre islands of Merania. YOU control the mighty King Althos, the useless Sir Frank and the overtly sexual Sir Roberto as they quest to save their beloved homeland.

Journey to amazing places, the ancient peak of the Guru, the canyon of a thousand Bandits and even the lost city of Crackton...

Download Here

Will you locate the Pentagrams and defeat the Overlord?

Knight's Quest III is the prequel to the (almost) critically acclaimed Knight's Quest IV, and follows on from two games that haven't been made yet. Prepare to immerse yourself in the customs and cultures of the Knight's Quest world, in a game that truly is fun for the whole family (except Grampa).
:= := := 8) :o >:(

Frequentor

Okay, bug reports have been fixed and new version uploaded, so please check it out. Any more mistakes  :P let me know. Thanks for everyone's input, been of great help.

Joyce

First of all thanks for the walkthrough I would never in a million years have figured out how to get that baby.
From your profile I see that you are only 15, you are sure one smart kid. I take it that was you when looking at the picture of God, that was funny.
I really enjoyed playing this game, what would have been more helpful to me was when someone gave you 3 tasks to do is when you go back to talk to them if they would repeat the tasks for you (like Humpty Dumpty) not just ask if you have completed them.
Also is it possible to have the exits out of a screen as a hotspot to make them more clearer? That was frustrating at times. After saying this though I still think you did a great job, even to think up a plot like this and to be only 15 all I can say is Wow!

Frequentor

Hehe thanks, the picture of God was not me though...someone far more deserving. First one to work it out gets a free fish.  ;D

Dave Gilbert

I'm hungry and want a fish, so...
Screech from "Saved by the Bell."

Joyce

I just had another look at it and I think you are right Dave

Dave Gilbert

That show was on the air when *I* was 15. :)  Man I feel old now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk