A Medieval Story

Started by rharpe, Sat 27/08/2005 17:45:08

Previous topic - Next topic

rharpe

This is a story, (actually an intro,) that I wrote back in '98:
Centuries ago in a land of peace, prosperity and holiness, there lived a young squire by the name of Master Drake. Being of  peasant blood, Drake was not to fraternize with any maidens of nobility. Having that of a young mans nature, mere words were not to stop him...not even death!

So one night, at the stroke of twelve, Drake creeped out to secretly woo one of the maidens he had fancied for quite some time. As he approached the castle walls, he could see but a glimpse of light that shown in the maiden's chambers. Seeing no other way for entry, he started to slowly climb up the vines grasping the castles old stone structure. After finally reaching the sill, he pulled his body up through the window. Frightened by his shocking entry, the young woman screamed. Astonished by her reaction, Drake fled toward the window only to find there was no hope for an escape.

The guards came in and seized the boy. Putting him in chains, they then casted him into the dungeon to await trial.

"Who art thou, child?" a voice pierced through the darkness. The boy shuttered at the creepy voice and answered trembling, Master Drake, who art thou?" There was a great silence. Then the voice drew closer, "Dost thou wish to live?" In a sobbing voice the boy answered in tears, "Thou sayeth it, I do!" The voice replied, "What would thee giveth to me for thy life?" Drake cried out, "Anything...please, I'll give thee anything...just let me live!"

After hours of negotiating with the evil warloc, the young troubled adolescent lost his soul to become a servant of Satan.

"Thou must remember thy vows: Never look upon the light of day, stay clear of that which is sacred, and revenge thyself of thy persecuters...with blood!"

The next morning the king was told of the scandaless entry into the hand maids room and of the perpetraitor that was accused. So the king summoned for the accused to come forth, but was informed that the prisoner escaped in the middle of the night.

As one of the kings most noble knights, you were asked to seek out the accused for his return and trial.

After days of searching, you come back to find your True Love and many other noble women missing!...NOW IT'S PERSONAL!!!

You must seek out your True Love and the other noble women that have been coveted by this man of darkness. Make haste, there is no time to waste, for your quest awaits!

So what do you all think?
"Hail to the king, baby!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk