Raiders of the Lost Ark

Started by LucasFan, Thu 01/09/2005 16:05:55

Previous topic - Next topic

LucasFan

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Story

It is 1936. Archaeology professor Indiana Jones is recruited by the US government to find the Lost Ark of the Covenant, which once contained the tablets upon which the Ten Commandments were written. The Ark, according to legend, has vast power that will make any side that possesses it invincible and the American government wants to find it before The Nazis. Indiana goes to Nepal to meet his old girlfriend Marion Ravenwood who has the medallion that leads to the location of the Ark. Hotly pursued, they travel to Cairo in a race to be the ones to find the Ark before the Nazis do.

Game

- resolution: 320x200
- graphic style: indy3 / deluxe paint
- interface: indy4

Screenshots

Website

www.lucasfangames.de

GarageGothic

I loved Indy 3 (FOA as well, but not as much) so I'm really looking forward to this one. But what's up with the travel from Marshall (?) College to San Francisco?

Edit: I just realised that it WAS Marshall College in Raiders. Strange.

Gijs

Looks great! :)
I'm looking forward to it.
I liked foa (Indy3 not so much). 

Mortadelo

Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Nice graphics, it can be a really good game! It was about time we could play to another Indy gameÃ,  :)

Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, 
"You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing"

"Life's a piece of shit when you look at it. Life's a laugh and death's a joke; it's true."

Nacho

Baj... 0 in originality...  :P
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

JeebusSez

hurrah! more indy games! looking forward to it. in enjoyed MMd and I loved FOA and TLC.

Mr Flibble

Are you looking to use new graphics or this is a Rip-o-rama?
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Vel

A game in the style of Indy 3 - hurrah! Goooooo lucasfan!

Darth Mandarb

Are you actually calling the game Indy1?

You should title the thread "Raiders of the Lost Ark", unless of course you're actually calling the game Indy1 that is!

But I agree with Farlander ;)

Ubel

This sounds gooooood!

How long do you think it's going to take to get it done, Lucasfan?

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this. Good luck!

AlbinoPanther

What a new Indy game this is going to be FUN ;D.
Just try to finish it before christmas.

We wish you a lot of luck with this one.

Corey

doesnt this game already exists as a commercial game??
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

Ubel

Quote from: Corey on Fri 02/09/2005 15:39:17

No, but Lucas Arts has made a game of The Last Crusade. You must be thinking of that one?

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: Pablo on Fri 02/09/2005 16:00:32
Quote from: Corey on Fri 02/09/2005 15:39:17

No, but Lucas Arts has made a game of The Last Crusade. You must be thinking of that one?

Yeah, they did make some games from the movie but not any adventure game (the Indy games were released in that time when the SCUMM program didn't exist or at least maybe in the very start of development, don't exactly know).

Mr Flibble: I bet it's going to be a mix of those two (by the way, it was a while I saw the movie but was Indy ever in the college at any point of Raiders of the Lost Ark?).

Off-topic: LucasFan, would you please get rid of those deathmarks under your avatar? It's very unnerving, distracting and disturbing!

Ubel

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Fri 02/09/2005 17:10:46
Yeah, they did make some games from the movie but not any adventure game

Actually they did make an adventure game of The Last Crusade. Here is a page with some information about it.

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: Pablo on Fri 02/09/2005 17:31:43
Yeah, they did make some games from the movie but not any adventure game

Actually they did make an adventure game of The Last Crusade. Here is a page with some information about it.

I was refering to Raiders of the Lost Ark, not the Last Crusade. Sorry, I missed that info.

Darth Mandarb

"Stay on target!" - Red Leader

Back to the topic gentlemen!

Scummbuddy

Off-topic: LucasFan, would you please get rid of those deathmarks under your avatar? It's very unnerving, distracting and disturbing!

Are you serious? I think they're hilarious. I'm actually glad you brought them to my attention. I just glanced over them since I'm not looking for help from anyone right now.
------------------------
I'm glad you have finally shown us all something that's going on. We have all been left waiting for what was to happen next since you first came up with that poll on your site. I was wondering why we didn't hear any news of the results, such as your opinions, even though we could all see that Indy1 was tearing every other game apart.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

skullkid22

The background in the classroom screen looks great! I can't wait for this to be released.

MalleTheRedPhoenix

Raiders of the Lost Ark is a good movie and could be a good game too.
I trust on your work with your team and I think, that your game to the Indiana Jones movies will be a fantastic one.
I wish you good look with your project.

I hope, that an adventuregame about "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" will come also.  ;D

Hammerite

When you're done, LucasFan, please do the Iron Phoenix!!
By the way, how'd you get the SCUMM-like interface?
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Nacho

Proskrito made a nice template of it, look in the tecnical forums, people is allways asking him about that.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Totoro

I just watched the movie once more, there are so many brilliant scenes in there. Looking forward to them in the game too  :D

Tracubetto

gosh!
What appened to their site?!?!?!?!?!

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Tracubetto on Fri 07/10/2005 21:43:41gosh!
What appened to their site?!?!?!?!?!

They dug up a thread without reading the forum rules first ...

I swear to God ... I'm getting grey hair from people's inabilities to read simple rules.

LucasFan and/or Farlander - how about an update now that your thread has been dug up? 

Thanks.

Scummbuddy

LucasFan, did you get a cease and decist letter?  Well, they are making another Indy game, and what we've seen with them, is that they cancel all fan games when current IP's are being used. Like with Fate/MI when EMI was coming about...
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk